Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Fantasy Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Quick question ecoli, are there bonus points for CR, WL, WR and if so, how many points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Is it my go? Jess Ennis please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dan man wrote: »
    Quick question ecoli, are there bonus points for CR, WL, WR and if so, how many points?

+3 for WR
    +1 for NR

||
    Brianderunner| Usain Bolt
    04072511| Allyson Felix
    RoymcC|Jessica Ennis
    Dan man|
    Runjb|
    Ecoli|
    Pherekydes|
    Longjump|

ecoli wrote: »
    +3 for WR
    +1 for NR

Thanks for confirming that, I'll give you my choice in a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Sandra Perkovic for my first pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

ecoli wrote: »
    +3 for WR
    +1 for NR

There has to be something for CR surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Dont like the idea of points for a NR. Some athletes will get NR's a lot easier than others, depending on what country they are from. Dont think thats fair really.

04072511 wrote: »
    Dont like the idea of points for a NR. Some athletes will get NR's a lot easier than others, depending on what country they are from. Dont think thats fair really.
    I happen to agree that it doesn't seem as fair to award points for NR given that CR and WL aren't rewarded. By the way minus 50 for any athletes failing a drugs test!!

I happen to agree that it doesn't seem as fair to award points for NR given that CR and WL aren't rewarded. By the way minus 50 for any athletes failing a drugs test!!

Yep, for example, theres f*ck all chance of Allyson Felix getting a national record because of Flojo's stupid times that are still allowed to count, while Derval O'Rourke could very well get a national record. It all depends on where the athlete is from and I dont think that is fair.

I'd do away with extra points for any type of records to be honest, including World Records. The World Championships are about gold, silver and bronze. Records are merely a footnote, which can be broken in the future. The medals last forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Oops! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Oops! :D:pac:

Ah well, that you fcked isnt it :D

We'll be sound and allow you to replace her with an Irish athlete of your choice :p

You guys are right in hindsight regarding extra points. The reason I had not given CR in first place was because of the tactical nature of the distance races often means they are at a disadvantage

No extra points will be added

Regarding Dan Man's pick. We will be nice and allow him to repick if he wants or he can risk it hold off and if she does get a ban can swap her out in the week of transfers in the week coming up to the championships

Disappointed with the news of Perkovic I have to say.:( I'd like to believe her story but have heard so many excuses before.

04072511 wrote: »
    Disappointed with the news of Perkovic I have to say.:( I'd like to believe her story but have heard so many excuses before.

Yes. Absolutely no excuses are valid.

They should just start excluding national federations.

That's just typical...I make my first pick and within 3 hours she fails a dope test!! What can I say...I can sniff them out!
    Anyway, appreciate the choice of changing my pic ecoli so here goes nothing.........
    Blanka Vlasic please. I take no responsibility for any drug related stories that will no doubt surface within the next 24hours!!

That's just typical...I make my first pick and within 3 hours she fails a dope test!! What can I say...I can sniff them out!
    Anyway, appreciate the choice of changing my pic ecoli so here goes nothing.........
    Blanka Vlasic please. I take no responsibility for any drug related stories that will no doubt surface within the next 24hours!!

If she does start picking US Hurdlers and do your bit for Derval and Irish athletics:D

Ah well, that you fcked isnt it :D

We'll be sound and allow you to replace her with an Irish athlete of your choice :p

I'm steering well clear of picking any Irish for fear of jinxing them too!

04072511| Allyson Felix
    RoymcC|Jessica Ennis
    Dan man| Blanka Vlasic
    Runjb|
    Ecoli|
    Pherekydes|
    Longjump|

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭runjb

Me next..

The first choice is hard, because you want to start strong. I'm going to chance Betty Heidler from Germany, see if she can hammer out a few points for me!

• Advertisement

runjb wrote: »
    Me next..

The first choice is hard, because you want to start strong. I'm going to chance Betty Heidler from Germany, see if she can hammer out a few points for me!

I thought we could manage a few more weeks before the bad puns begin ah well

04072511| Allyson Felix
    RoymcC|Jessica Ennis
    Dan man| Blanka Vlasic
    Runjb| Betty Heidler
    Ecoli|David Rudisha
    Pherekydes|
    Longjump|

Gonna take a chance on him before he makes return in the DL on Thursday and grabs peoples attention

I select Brittney Reese.

04072511| Allyson Felix
    RoymcC|Jessica Ennis
    Dan man| Blanka Vlasic
    Runjb| Betty Heidler
    Ecoli|David Rudisha
    Pherekydes|Brittney Reese
    Longjump|

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Think I go for Milcah Cheywa womens 3,000m S/Chase

Good choice, its you again longjump as the order is reversed for second picks. In your own time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

OK in honour of watching a great hammer comp at the Junior champs last weekend i'll chose Russian hammer thrower Aelxsey Zagornyi please, who is consistantly over 80m this year

Teddy Tamgho pour moi, sil vous plait.

Brianderunner| Usain Bolt|
    04072511| Allyson Felix|
    RoymcC|Jessica Ennis|
    Dan man| Blanka Vlasic|
    Runjb| Betty Heidler|
    Ecoli|David Rudisha|Valerie Adams (Vili)
    Pherekydes|Brittney Reese|Teddy Tamgho
    Longjump|Milcah Cheywa|Aelxsey Zagornyi

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭runjb

Andreas Thorkildsen for my 2nd choice. Hopefully he'll be back in good shape in time!

• Advertisement

I'll take Robert Harting for my next pick. Hopefully he will do the business.

Advertisement