Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Fantasy Draft

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yep, well done Ecoli. I make his score to be 111. Very difficult to match that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Pherekydes wrote: »

Was always looking over my shoulder for you to come by me in the home straight :D. The middle distance last two days just got me over the line (I knew Kiprop had it very good move this season focusing on fine tuning his 800 speed)

Thanks to Dan man for posting results so quick. Have the excel saved in work and on my day off but I will go through the results comprehensively and post person by person breakdowns over the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Yep, you're right, ecoli was 111, not that he needed any more god damn points haha. I hope the rest are right. The reason 04072511 has 93.5 (a decimal figure) is that Ivan Ukhov was joint 5th. 5 points for 5th and 4 points for 6th place so joint 5th is 4.5 points. Anyway, ecoli will give us an accurate table when he gets around to it, I was just giving us a general idea of the standings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Well done everyone - ecoli & Pherekydes in particular. Too many non-performers in my team. Just as well I resist the occasional urge to put a bit of money on my sporting hunches :pac:

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Well done everyone - ecoli & Pherekydes in particular. Too many non-performers in my team. Just as well I resist the occasional urge to put a bit of money on my sporting hunches :pac:

Im just sick I didnt back more got Kiprop at 6/4 and Greene at 5/2 typical of my luck though I say if I had backed them all my points would probably be halved and have a few fallers or something in the team:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Robles' DQ denied me the silver but the gold was out of reach.

Nice to add a World bronze to my European silver from Barcelona last year. Going for the big shiny gold in London next year. Taking a break now and will begin training in October.

Position| Name | Points |
    1|Ecoli | 111 CR
    2|Pherekydes | 104 PB
    3|04072511 | 93.5 PB
    4|Dan Man | 87 PB
    4|Brianderunner| 87 PB
    6|Runjb| 82 PB
    7|Longjump67 | 78 PB
    8|RoyMcC | 55 PB

How will ecoli cope now that he'll be the face of the 2012 Olympics?

Dan man wrote: »
    Position| Name | Points |
    1|Ecoli | 111 CR
    2|Pherekydes | 104 PB
    3|04072511 | 93.5 PB
    4|Dan Man | 87 PB
    4|Brianderunner| 87 PB
    6|Runjb| 82 PB
    7|Longjump67 | 78 PB
    8|RoyMcC | 55 PB

How will ecoli cope now that he'll be the face of the 2012 Olympics?

The peaking will be very difficult next year given its a double year. (Just hope this new Blood passport wont catch me out:p)

ecoli wrote: »
    The peaking will be very difficult next year given its a double year. (Just hope this new Blood passport wont catch me out:p)

Well myself and Brianderunner are ready to leap onto the podium should any of you get caught out :D
    Hmmm, come to mention it you've made a significant improvement in the last 12 months since the Europeans, when you were an also ran.

It's not in Peaking, it's in London. :pac:

Sorry, couldn't resist it. I'll get my coat...

• Advertisement

Yep, you're right, ecoli was 111, not that he needed any more god damn points haha. I hope the rest are right. The reason 04072511 has 93.5 (a decimal figure) is that Ivan Ukhov was joint 5th. 5 points for 5th and 4 points for 6th place so joint 5th is 4.5 points. Anyway, ecoli will give us an accurate table when he gets around to it, I was just giving us a general idea of the standings.

When two athletes tie they both get the higher award. Just saying.

That is a good point. When calculating I was going on their finishing position without applying a dead heat reduction so if they were joint fifth should just get 5ths points

I don't see why this should be the case, anyway it makes no difference.

Well myself and Brianderunner are ready to leap onto the podium should any of you get caught out :D
    Hmmm, come to mention it you've made a significant improvement in the last 12 months since the Europeans, when you were an also ran.

Change my training set up this year and changed diet (turtle blood really does work wonders;))

I know its not the same as this, but in the European team championships, if two high jumpers are tied, then the higher place is not awarded.

I don't see why this should be the case, anyway it makes no difference.

If two athletes tie for, say, third, then each athlete gets a bronze. They are tied for 3rd place, not 3rd and 4th place.

To be honest, I can't understand the logic of adding the points and dividing them by the number of ties, as they do in the Europa Cup.

Deirdre Ryan tied for 6th place, and gets Ireland 3 pts, not 2.5.

This is much ado about nothing, of course.

Change my training set up this year and changed diet (turtle blood really does work wonders;))

I can't stand that stuff. After each pick it was off to the cryogenic chamber for me. Then I slept in my hypobaric chamber and ate only chicken breasts and jelly babies (not together).

I think I'll break out a few bevvies tonight, but I have to get into training extra early for next year.

If two athletes tie for, say, third, then each athlete gets a bronze. They are tied for 3rd place, not 3rd and 4th place.

To be honest, I can't understand the logic of adding the points and dividing them by the number of ties, as they do in the Europa Cup.

Deirdre Ryan tied for 6th place, and gets Ireland 3 pts, not 2.5.

This is much ado about nothing, of course.

The reason they do this is simple....say in an unlikely scenario where 10 athletes all clear the same height and finish in joint 1st, then it would be insane to award all of these countries maximum points, so the system has to be fair. Remember the Euro team champs is about points, not medals as is our thread. However, you are right, this is much ado about nothing (good expression) and it makes not one jot of difference to our table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Well done all and thanks to Ecoli for organising it. Thought my team would be tough to beat but all the shock results didn't help. Roll on the olympic one next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I'm building a nice squad for next year. 8 of my 12 athletes got medals (4 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze). I'm putting Robles and Klishina on the transfer market. Those clowns cost me the gold! :D

Don't think I'll be able to pick up Sally Pearson so cheaply next year like I did here. What was it, the 5th or 6th round? Shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

04072511 wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be able to pick up Sally Pearson so cheaply next year like I did here. What was it, the 5th or 6th round? Shocking!

And you were ridiculed for picking her if i remember correctly. Who's laughing now :)

Advertisement