Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Fantasy Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Not a great start for me. Felix got me 2nd place, and may yet upgrade that to max points in the 200m, but Robles DQ has really hurt me. Also Klishina only coming 7th (or was it 6th?) in the Long Jump has also done me damage. Kaniskina will get my team back on the horse tomorrow morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Points update after Day 4

Name|Points|no. Athletes used|
    Ecoli|82|8|
    Pherekydes|72|8|
    Brianderunner|49|7|
    Dan man|44|5|
    Longjump|37|6|
    Runjb|33|4|
    RoyMcC|32|4|
    4072511|13|3|

Apologies if if I have missed anyone. I will be posting the excel I am using at the end just in case there is a debate on my counting skills:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Only 71 pts me. Mohr only got 5 pts in the PV.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Only 71 pts me. Mohr only got 5 pts in the PV.

He got 5th but that is 6 points?

1st 12
    2nd 9
    3rd 8
    4th 7
    5th 6

Or did i cock up my own scoring system?

ecoli wrote: »
    Or did i cock up my own scoring system?

Oops looks like i did forgot the medals positions get higher points by more than one between 3rd and 4th will amend the results now and post revised scores for everyone:o

• Advertisement

See post #259.

A minor glitch, don't worry about it.

Sorry about that here are the points

Ecoli|81|8|
    Pherekydes|71|8|
    Brianderunner|48|7|
    Dan man|44|5|
    Longjump|34|6|
    Runjb|32|4|
    RoyMcC|31|4|
    4072511|12|3|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Sorry about that here are the points

Ecoli|81|8|
    Pherekydes|71|8|
    Brianderunner|48|7|
    Dan man|44|5|
    Longjump|34|6|
    Runjb|32|4|
    RoyMcC|31|4|
    4072511|12|3|

Kovago and Bekele zero pointing is killing my team. I'll settle for a podium finish at this stage even with Bolt, Kipruto and Kiplagat to come.

Kovago and Bekele zero pointing is killing my team. I'll settle for a podium finish at this stage even with Bolt, Kipruto and Kiplagat to come.

Anderson blew it in the 400H for me. I hope I won't have another duck to deal with. Otherwise, it's going well.

Anderson blew it in the 400H for me. I hope I won't have another duck to deal with. Otherwise, it's going well.

To be honest I was shocked when I saw none of the Americans auto qualifying on this one. My moment of madness putting Dai Greene in looks like it could have a chance of suprising me with points i didnt expect other that that I have been really happy with team performance

4 wins, 3 2nds and a 4th so far hopefully now few more suprise results (still have faith in Kiprop to come good when it counts) could see me knock that 4th out as my only blip so far

• Advertisement

To be honest I was shocked when I saw none of the Americans auto qualifying on this one.

Jackson won the 3rd semi.

The lane draw has Taylor in lane one. He won the Olympic gold from one in Sydney.

Jackson won the 3rd semi.

The lane draw has Taylor in lane one. He won the Olympic gold from one in Sydney.

Forgot about Jackson and there fourth athlete (missed last heat heading into work)

True Taylor double Olympic Champion but is always bogey in WC as proof from semi when a 47 runner barely scraped through as fastest loser (not auto q).

I know it wont happen but for me personally would love to see Sanchez win and wind back the clock to his days when he dominated the sport (43 races won consecutively)

Remember during that streak watching an interview from him about how he trained at four in morning just to get mental edge over his competitors by knowing that while they were in bed he was out doing what he had to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Think longjump has 34 points

Dan man wrote: »
    Think longjump has 34 points

Correct for some reason I had Strutz down as first not second amended now

I'm pretty sure only 3 of my athletes have gone yet (and Felix has another shot). As they say in the Ingerland Premier League, It's not who's winning in September that's important, it's who's on top in May that counts.

My big guns are still to come!

EDIT: Also, its easy to say this now but I was seriously close to picking Fabiana Murer, before deciding against it! Gutted now!

04072511 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure only 3 of my athletes have gone yet (and Felix has another shot). As they say in the Ingerland Premier League, It's not who's winning in September that's important, it's who's on top in May that counts.

My big guns are still to come!

Correct sorry Wenxiu Zhang was one I had marked as non starter but think i was looking in mens by mistake:o

have reinstated that now

BOOM! The lovely Olga gets my team back on track. Possibly the most predictable winner in the entire championships. She never loses in championships!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

At last 2 gold medals to boost my score Saladuha womens Triple and Demus womens 400mH.

Hadn't noticed that I had a non-runner with Zagornyi not competeing in the Hammer a well, my own fault.

With Mitchell Watt, Sergey Makarov and Linet Masai still to come should end up with a mid table finnish

Update after Day 6

Name|Points|No. Of Athletes used|
    Ecoli|93|9|
    Pherekydes|85|9|
    Longjump|68|9|
    Brianderunner|63|11|
    Dan man|57|8|
    4072511|40|6|
    Runjb|34|6|
    RoyMcC|31|7|

For LJ couldnt find Aelxsey Zagornyi on the start list. Did he take part in the competition at all or am I just going mad?

Also if there are a few errors I will be going through everything thoroughly at the end and posting each athlete along with their points just to double check the tally's are okay

Zagornyi is a hammer thrower and he didn't compete in Daegu. Awful day for me with yet another blank thanks to Saladino bombing in long jump and Savigne injured in triple jump.

• Advertisement

Savigne still got me 4 points ecoli so I'm on 57. I've only three athletes left to compete also.

Savigne still got me 4 points ecoli so I'm on 57. I've only three athletes left to compete also.

Updated that now. You actually have four. Defar qualified in the 5k so has yet to run again (now realising that there are a few athletes who are doubling that have marked off but the points will be updated accordingly)

Updated that now. You actually have four. Defar qualified in the 5k so has yet to run again (now realising that there are a few athletes who are doubling that have marked off but the points will be updated accordingly)

Unfortunately, Defar isn't on my team. All I've left is Vlasic, Spotakova and Abakhumova. I've had some great turn-ups such as Chernova winning heptathlon but I've had plenty of turnips also such as Saladino and Malakowski. So more turnips than turn-ups unfortunately!

Unfortunately, Defar isn't on my team. All I've left is Vlasic, Spotakova and Abakhumova. I've had some great turn-ups such as Chernova winning heptathlon but I've had plenty of turnips also such as Saladino and Malakowski. So more turnips than turn-ups unfortunately!

You should have picked more Swedes.

Sorry confusing you with Runjb (This excel getting sloppy to look at at quck glance) missed Saladino because I been going off final results and working my way back from them

You should have picked more Swedes.

If only Kluft would come back to the Hep there might be a swede worth picking:D

Can't believe I pisked up Kemboi on transfer deadline day! :D

04072511 wrote: »
    Can't believe I pisked up Kemboi on transfer deadline day! :D

I say that AK are relieved he showed up for training camp before they were forced to boot him off the team. Nearly ended up not running

Inspired choice picking Sally Pearson. :D De Zordo did the business for me also!

• Advertisement

This seems to be the final results:
    Position| Name | Points |
    1|Ecoli | 111
    2|Pherekydes | 104
    3|04072511 | 93.5
    4|Dan Man | 87
    4|Brianderunner| 87
    6|Runjb| 82
    7|Longjump67 | 78
    8|RoyMcC | 55

High scoring considering 120pts is the maximum score. Well done ecoli.

Advertisement