Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

homeOwner wrote: »
    Some really good debate going on here. It has awakened my interest in the case and I'll be watching TLLS on friday night for sure.

Are there any links to where Kate admitted sedating the kids? I dont recall ever reading about this, it was speculated by the media but did she actually admit it?

If the kids were heard crying the previous nights then surely that would suggest they weren't sedated on those nights.

Very good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Open letter in today's Sun from the McCanns to Cameron.

http://twitpic.com/4we1tk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIvFkXkVn1I

But just look at the man's smile in this vid. Creepy, no sign of a smile in the eyes at all.

I don't see that at all. I haven't watched it all because my speakers are broken but at around 1.00 min he was smiling and it reached all the way to his eyes. Looked genuine to me. If he was smiling and his eyes dancing then it could interpreted another way. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Your username suits you alright! How can you say there was no abductor....were you there??

The thing is DC,no he wasn't there,but NEITHER were the McCann's,they were as we know,eating and drinking,while their three children all under the age of four,were left alone.

They failed in their duty as parents,they left ALL their children alone,unattended,while they ate and drank with friends,for this alone I have absolutely no sympathy for them.I'm sorry Madelaine went missing,but them two,no,no sympathy at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Animord wrote: »
    Open letter in today's Sun from the McCanns to Cameron.

http://twitpic.com/4we1tk

Yours Sincerely,

Kate & Gerry.

P.S - Kates book is in all good bookstores from today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't see that at all. I haven't watched it all because my speakers are broken but at around 1.00 min he was smiling and it reached all the way to his eyes. Looked genuine to me. If he was smiling and his eyes dancing then it could interpreted another way. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Yes, you're probably right. But that was just MY observation, and I did say that in my post. People will see different things in the same situation all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Oh and another thing,as has already been mentioned,don't review the case,RE-OPEN it,see how much support they give that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

S
    Are there any links to where Kate admitted sedating the kids? I dont recall ever reading about this, it was speculated by the media but did she actually admit it?

If the kids were heard crying the previous nights then surely that would suggest they weren't sedated on those nights.

Not direct as my Portuguese is a bit rusty-

The Diario de Noticias newspaper has quoted anonymous sources in the local Policia Judiciaria as saying Mr McCann admitted during his eight-hour interview on Friday night that he gave a sedative to his children on the night of May 3.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480800/Madeleine-Are-Portuguese-media-smears-police-tactic-break-McCanns.html#ixzz1M7yx84zN

My point on the previous nights was that maybe they were given a smaller dose, and so on the night in question it was upped, with tragic consequences. As stated previously, this is just a theory, but imo it holds more water than the abduction theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

mconigol wrote: »
    Very good point.

If they were heard crying the previous nights and not the night Madeleine disappeared, and they failed to even wake during all the commotion when she did, surely that argues in favour of the theory they were sedated that night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭danmoz

mconigol wrote: »
    Very good point.

double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Oh and another thing,as has already been mentioned,don't review the case,RE-OPEN it,see how much support they give that ..

That option has been publically offered to them byu the police. The Police spokesperson said all it would take is a letter from the McCanns requesting the case to be reopened and a full investigation could resume.

Funnily enough the McCanns have not done this and gone down the route of this open letters through newspapers to Prime Ministers, men who do not have the legal authority to reopen or review the case files.

A public offer to have the case reopened is ignored by parents who claim to be desperate to find out what happened, but a cheap media stunt of a pointless "open letter" through a rag tabloid the day before their book is launched is fine by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The thing is DC,no he wasn't there,but NEITHER were the McCann's,they were as we know,eating and drinking,while their three children all under the age of four,were left alone.

They failed in their duty as parents,they left ALL their children alone,unattended,while they ate and drank with friends,for this alone I have absolutely no sympathy for them.I'm sorry Madelaine went missing,but them two,no,no sympathy at all..

None of that is in dispute at all. I have already stated this was a big mistake on the McCann's part.

I was responding to a statement by that poster stating that there was NO abductor, as if it was a proven fact. As far as I'm concerned we only have the McCanns testimony and the Portugese police authorities findings (which weren't deemed nearly strong enough to charge the McCanns) to speculate about.

No one can state catagorically what happened that night, except Madeleine and whoever took/killed her. It will remain a mystery until either are either found or confess.

Are the McCanns the only people who can instigate a re-opening of the case though?

Can't the Portugese re-open the case if they feel they have enough evidence to prosecute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

endabob1 wrote: »
    My point on the previous nights was that maybe they were given a smaller dose, and so on the night in question it was upped, with tragic consequences. As stated previously, this is just a theory, but imo it holds more water than the abduction theory.

I dont believe one unnamed source and there hasnt been any docs or links provided to their statements or interviews where it was said. A few websites have published all the docs and interviews released.

Anyway if we are to believe they did regularly sedate their kids then they would surely know what the right dose was for each child. They were both doctors.

Also Kate is quoted in several places as saying that she questioned with Jane Tanner should she leave the patio door locked or unlocked, in case the kids woke up. If they were sedated there would be no need to debate it in her mind. She would not expect that they would be waking up.

Are the McCanns the only people who can instigate a re-opening of the case though?

Can't the Portugese re-open the case if they feel they have enough evidence to prosecute?

But they are complaining that nothing is being done, the ball is in their court, so why send a letter to David Cameron? Send one to the Portugese police. They said last year that they would re-open if they got a letter requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The McCanns are the only people who can formally request the reopening of the case at this point as there is no new evidence that would warrant the police force reopening the case. They have whinged about the findings of both the British and Portugese police when the case was closed.

And they have said many times that the case should not be closed, but when offered the option of formally reopening it, they go quiet and start using a tabloid to message a man who has no bearing or sway over the case whatsoever.

Smacks of people who want to look like they are pressing for the case to be reopened, but who avoid taking the easy and obvious step that would actually reopen the case.

Just seems so odd that after all the talk about wanting the case reopened, when they are publically told that the case can be reopened if they request it that they suddenly change tact and start looking instead for a review of the files from a man with nothing to do with it.

Maybe they just want a police force from a third country to investigate as long as they don't have to answer questions.

Maybe next they will come out with more claims of how they would take a lie detector test and then refuse to do so when police ask them to take one. Oh wait that already happened as well.:rolleyes:

If they were as desperate as they claim to be to see the case reopened, then they would have sent in a request for it to be reopened to the police, and not gone running to a tabloid to publish a worthless open letter on the very day of their book launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I dont believe one unnamed source and there hasnt been any docs or links provided to their statements or interviews where it was said. A few websites have published all the docs and interviews released.

Anyway if we are to believe they did regularly sedate their kids then they would surely know what the right dose was for each child. They were both doctors.

Also Kate is quoted in several places as saying that she questioned with Jane Tanner should she leave the patio door locked or unlocked, in case the kids woke up. If they were sedated there would be no need to debate it in her mind. She would not expect that they would be waking up.

It doesn't really add up, Kate was supposed to have said they would leave the door unlocked so that Madeline could come to them if she wanted. Odd and negligent as that is, it doesn't sound as if she was drugged. the twins not waking for hours during the commotion and when moved is odd though, heavy sleepers or not.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post187229.html#p187229
    Page 119: (beware ) "Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

Jesus Christ Almighty. What has she written? This is unbelievable. And they kept telling us there's no reason to believe Madeleine has come to any harm.
    I really think that Kate McCann is a very disturbed woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

maebee wrote: »

Jesus Christ Almighty. What has she written? This is unbelievable. And they kept telling us there's no reason to believe Madeleine has come to any harm.
    Jesus christ!!

Some things you just keep to yourself.

But they are complaining that nothing is being done, the ball is in their court, so why send a letter to David Cameron? Send one to the Portugese police. They said last year that they would re-open if they got a letter requesting it.

I think it's pretty clear that they don't trust the Portugese police in relation to this crime, though.

The former chief detective in the case has already written a book outlining his suspicions about the couple, so it would be fair to assume that they feel any subsequent investigation may be biased in that direction.

If they are innocent of any wrongdoing, I could see where the mistrust might arise.

• Advertisement

Oh come one... she has never stated she thought madeleine has never come to any harm, only that she believes she isn't dead.

Any parent who suspects their child may have been abducted would have similar horrific thoughts. It is a parents worst nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

K-9 wrote: »
    It doesn't really add up, Kate was supposed to have said they would leave the door unlocked so that Madeline could come to them if she wanted. Odd and negligent as that is, it doesn't sound as if she was drugged. the twins not waking for hours during the commotion and when moved is odd though, heavy sleepers or not.

Yes it is very odd.

If Kate thought that Maddie would wake up did she expect that her 3 year old would walk on her own in the dark across the pool area to the tapas bar?

danmoz wrote: »
    If they were heard crying the previous nights and not the night Madeleine disappeared, and they failed to even wake during all the commotion when she did, surely that argues in favour of the theory they were sedated that night?

Well no not really. That's two conflicting scenarios arising from the evidence.

A lot of people are saying that they sedated the kids regularly and that they were keeping them sedated so that they could go out and have a good time. If that was the case then why weren't they sedated the night before?

If anything this is stronger evidence against the sedation theory since it is a proven fact that the kids were awake and crying the night before whereas there is no evidence of sedation.

I think it's pretty clear that they don't trust the Portugese police in relation to this crime, though.

The former chief detective in the case has already written a book outlining his suspicions about the couple, so it would be fair to assume that they feel any subsequent investigation may be biased in that direction.

If they are innocent of any wrongdoing, I could see where the mistrust might arise.

That's like saying, sorry Mr Ice cream man, I didn't want an ice cream cone, I actually wanted a loaf of bread.

You ask the police to investigate and they come to conclusions.

I don't think it's a matter of not trusting them, it's more a matter of them not liking their conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yes it is very odd.

If Kate thought that Maddie would wake up did she expect that her 3 year old would walk on her own in the dark across the pool area to the tapas bar?

It was given as testimony by a witness, it's in this thread way back!

It seems she was worried about her and one of the twins crying so the solution seemed to be, leave the door unlocked so she could come to them.

I find that rather cold and telling tbh. A baby sitiing service was available and yes, it's a stranger, but leaving the door unlocked is preferable to getting one or heaven forbid now, actually staying in with them and eating earlier!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Has anybody else notced how 2 posters only registered to boards in the last few days and are only posting in this thread. Is it me or is that a bit odd?

Told who? Please provide a bit more context.

I would say that someone who has had their child abducted would of course be disturbed. Would they not? I don't see however what is so disturbing about that the line you quote. Is it the fact that she mentions genitalia?

I think that it would be very natural to have all kinds of terrible images flashing through your mind after your child has been abducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

Oh come one... she has never stated she thought madeleine has never come to any harm, only that she believes she isn't dead.

Any parent who suspects their child may have been abducted would have similar horrific thoughts. It is a parents worst nightmare.

Both Gerry & Kate McCann have said on numerous occasions "There is no evidence/reason to believe that madeleine has come to any harm. I will get links for you later.

What she has said on page 119 of her book is unbelievable. Having similar thoughts is one thing. Putting those particular thoughts into a book is quite another thing. One day her twins will read this.

theboss80 wrote: »
    Has anybody else notced how 2 posters only registered to boards in the last few days and are only posting in this thread. Is it me or is that a bit odd?

Not really to be honest. It's a very emotive subject and these kinds of threads often attract new posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Their big failing is that at no time have they ever really come out and said that they were wrong. They always seem to trivialise leaving the kids on their own and make it sound like they were having a galss of wine in the back garden.

If they came out and said that they made a grave error of judgment and that they accept the role they played in this, then maybe people would sympathise and perhaps accept their story at face value.

That they haven't done this is damning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement