Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 04: Turkish Grand Prix

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Quality from alonso, yet another fcuk up from masa (pit stop and Pit S strategy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

brilliant driving from webber

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

would be nice to see Alonso come back at him, but Webber looking stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Vettel is boring. I hope he loses that finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Sheeps wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Very enjoyable race. Strangely this season my biggest gripe is now not with what's going on on the track but with the camera work. It's been terrible so far this season. Constantly switching views at key moments to a stale image of **** all happening elsewhere. One that sticks in my head was Rosberg and Button around the final turns on to the pit straight. Just as the action was coming to a climax the camera switches to a wide view from the end of the pit straight with the cars appearing as dots in the distance. Happened multiple times during todays race and the preceding 3 races.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sheeps wrote: »

Vettel is only as boring as that other german fellow that was winning most races simply because he drove the best car..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ironically Button's strategy of taking less pitstops didn't work. Usually you want to take less pitstops so you don't end up behind someone but Button took less and ended up behind someone in the key stint.

Hate to say it but Bookmark this, Vettel will have it all but sealed up before the third last race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Great race. DRS made overtaking too easy though.

Vettel-unstoppable.
    Webber-underperformed. Alonso shouldn't have been near him, let alone ahead.
    Alonso-Good ould race, but every time he speaks I think he's lying. Nothing to do with his driving though.

I'm praying for Button & Hamilton to collide or do something that means they won't be so friendly-pally-pally with each other. I want there to be war between them!

I can't see anyone taking on Vettel this year really. 34 points or something ahead already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

DRS needs to be scrapped or completely overhauled. It was just ridiculous today with the amount of times you could get clean past before even coming to the corner.

Don't think any DRS changes will stop Vettel from taking the title though. Another easy win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

At one stage, Kobayashi went from 5th straight to 16th after the second pitstop.
    And it was a legit 16th too. Did he have an off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

At one stage, Kobayashi went from 5th straight to 16th after the second pitstop.
    And it was a legit 16th too. Did he have an off?

Puncture while scrapping with Buemi. Something that was not highlighted or picked up on enough, as he was driving fantastically well. I think the future is very bright for him. Definitely the best driver Japan has produced since Satoru Nakajima.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love watching Kobayashi race, his overtaking is spectacular and makes for interesting viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

In hindsight I think the DRS would have been better on the pit striaght - it's not a long straight but as you could see, there were some overtaking attempts completed on that section. I think the run down to turn 12 in recent years has always provided overtaking opportunities for a lot of cars so I think adding DRS to the back straight actually made a possible overtaking opportunity into an easy overtake of the car in front.

DRS for Monaco!!! Now I'm gonna love watching safety car after safety car due to incidents at Chicane!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The success of Vettel & RB could undermine the changes that were bought in to make the sport more unpredictable. The last thing that we need is Vettel way ahead by half way in the season. Yes there will be good scraps behind the RB's but there is nothing worse than a season where the winner becomes a forgone conclusion.

Spare a thought for the spectators, even though there were not many in Turkey. If you are not by the pits or good at keeping a lap chart then it would be a nightmare trying to work out who is where. Yes the racing is exciting but no way as good as when racers could drive flat out without worrying about fuel, tyres, strategy etc. Instead of tweaks they should remove all but basic aero & go back to big tyres providing grip.

I think that the advance of tech is one of the reasons for Schumi struggling. The "magic paddle" seems a classic case of him wanting a simple way to change several parameters. It must be really hard to focus on racing with so many distractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I enjoyed the race, with al the action going on throughout the field. The DRS zones are a work in progress sometimes they work out fine but this time it looked to easy. If they keep the DRS next year the FIA will have more experience as to where to put the activation line.
    The luck Red Bull have is that every race someone else takes best of the rest. Renault had podiums Mclaren and now Ferrari, It's very easy to build up a big lead in the points. Hopefully the progress for the other teams is good so we can see others win races and keep the fight till the last race.

Advertisement