Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 04: Turkish Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

schumacher OWNED!! 1+ seconds slower than rosberg...ouch..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Correct, DRS line is just before Turn 11 leading down to turn 12 for some interesting moves - the clean line into 12 is where the bumps are. Perhaps there'll be some moving over to the left (dirty) side on the way down to 12 to defend position.

DRS Zone from Autosport.com

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just missed what DC said about where they're able to activate DRS during the race. I'm assuming it'll be the back straight after turn 11. Anyone catch where DC said the line is?

It'll be activating just before the kink. I'd prefer if it was allowed for the entire run but it should be good having cars side-by-side going into the last 3 corners. Even getting alongside won't make it a foregone conclusion as stability under breaking will be important and switchbacks etc. should make it interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Red Bull have the advantage tomorrow with an extra set tyres and should go on and win this tomorrow. I don't think Rosberg can challenge for the win and Mclaren have less new tyres to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Red Bull looked unbelievable today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Disappointed with Schumacher today. He looked good through practice but was 0.6 seconds slower than his own time from this morning whereas I think everyone else was quicker than the practice times. Too often now, he doesnt do it when it matters in qualifying.
    Still, Id say he will have a good race at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mickdw wrote: »
    Disappointed with Schumacher today. He looked good through practice but was 0.6 seconds slower than his own time from this morning whereas I think everyone else was quicker than the practice times. Too often now, he doesnt do it when it matters in qualifying.
    Still, Id say he will have a good race at least.

His qualifying has been poor since he returned. Seems to excel on race day though,regularly making up places when the lights go out. Looking forward to tomorrows start from him.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

i really hate seeing red bull do this well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody know why Massa didn't go out? I'd say he might have a decent chance of a podium if has the right strategy, he can start on whatever tyre he wants and is good around Istanbul!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Beekay wrote: »
    Anybody know why Massa didn't go out? I'd say he might have a decent chance of a podium if has the right strategy, he can start on whatever tyre he wants and is good around Istanbul!

Massa did go for one flying lap, but made a mistake at turn 9, so they aborted the lap to save the tyres. He pitted at the end of the lap and so didn't post a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Sheeps wrote: »
    i really hate seeing red bull do this well

im loving it as it means we get to see less and less of two biggest **** in f1 hamilton and alonso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Grim. wrote: »
    im loving it as it means we get to see less and less of two biggest **** in f1 hamilton and alonso

One's bad, the others worse. I'd rather see Alonso beat Hamilton though nearly, and I dislike Alonso to an unbelievable extent!

when can we add Vettle to the list? :D

On a side note, without going off topic too much:

Problem I have is if I want the Five Live commentary then I have to go to Red Button and the picture is in SD - lose that finese. Another thing is that on the HD channel it is about 3 secs behind the normal BBC channel (SD) - not sure why that is. When watching BBC HD and then looking at Live Timing on the laptop, there is an obvious delay with the BBC HD feed.

I must try hooking up a seperate set top box with Five Live radio and put it through the speakers while watching the HD feed! Just trying to get the best experience out of each GP weekend.

Which commentary is best? Normal BBC feed or the Five Live?

astrofluff wrote: »
    when can we add Vettle to the list? :D

when ever he becomes as big a twat as the other two, which i don't think is physically possible

Which commentary is best? Normal BBC feed or the Five Live?

find 5live the best but not good enough to miss out on hd picture

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Or two of the most talented & fastest drivers.

Hamilton cannot hide his feelings - Button is a bit more diplomatic. I got the clear impression that Hamilton is seriously miffed at McLaren's inability to close the gap.

There are some very bad signs this weekend. Vettel could easily be miles ahead within a few laps with Rosberg making a mobile chicane. I think that all the talk of Red Bull not being dominant was a touch premature. It's going to be difficult to get within a second, to use your letterbox, if your opponent is over a second a lap quicker than you.

I am also baffled by Williams decision to sack Sam Michael now but keep him on for the rest of the season. That's one hell of a way to motivate someone.

oooh nasty crash in GP2 on pit straight, looks like Rigon has injured himself. Plenty of overtaking happening in this support race. No DRS required!

Dreamed last night that Vettel wins and one of the McLarens retires, hopefully I'm wrong. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I dreamt the 2 Red Bulls clashed.

Oh wait :pac:

I dreamt the 2 Red Bulls clashed.

Oh wait :pac:

Crazy motherfcuker. :pac:

This is a weekend I'd love to have a button on my remote called "Kobayashi-cam". :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Defo! On a more serious note, I'm hoping... nay, expecting a great start from Rosberg, can't wait to see what he can muster up into turn one! The two Renaults as usual might get up there for a short while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

wow that voice interviewing webber sounds familiar, but she looks so different, and by different I mean hawt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Defo! On a more serious note, I'm hoping... nay, expecting a great start from Rosberg, can't wait to see what he can muster up into turn one! The two Renaults as usual might get up there for a short while.

+1 Rosberg attaaack!

directer is useless as always cuts away from Hamilton trying to overtake button to look at webber wtf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some nice racing so far in the GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭amacca

jeebus this grand prix is eventful

kobayashi in 5th from 24th was it (after pit stops)

rosberg starting like a bat ot of hell

head to head pitstop battle between massa and hamilton

button and hamilton trading places

alonso taking rosberg easily

schumacher bashing people that have gone past him

just great

now if only someone could reel in vettel

now if only someone could reel in vettel

Hope not, although Webber catching him since Vettel was stuck behind Button before Butons pitstop, cracking race so far.

much LOL @ Schumacher :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Alonso doing well, Button Hamilton strategies will be interesting to see played out. Last few laps will hopefully be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Hamilton has no luck. Alonso the the driver of the day today so far !!

lol cant wait to see the thick head of hamilton after this

• Advertisement

lol cant wait to see the thick head of hamilton after this

Delighted for him.

Advertisement