Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2011 Boards forecast contest

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

That new low for the month appears to be 2.3 C for Mullingar on 30th (edit -- this now 2.1 on the 31st). Now appears pretty much confirmed that max for the month will be around 18 and our mercy rule will apply to that category.

Just a reminder to enter the June contest which is floating around page one of the weather thread. Scoring for May should appear in the annual thread but I will list the final values here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Mullingar's low for yesterday is now 2.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Here are the final numbers for May. I have to admit, the warmest day (1st) passed unseen but it's still too low for regular scoring.

IMT was 11.2 C

Max for the month 20.3 C (Belmullet, 1st)

Min for the month 2.1 C (Mullingar, 31st)

very southern hemisphere, the month cooled off as we went along -- same where I live too. :confused:

Rainfall was 133% at the 11 stations reported in the Monthly Summary

Sunshine was 91% at the 6 stations reported in the Monthly Summary

Bonus question -- It was 16.7 C at Ballyhaise on the 8th for a max.

Scoring will happen in the next hour and reports will appear in the Annual Scoring thread.

Did you enter the June forecast? No penalties in force until midnight (0300 just to be nice to everyone)

Advertisement