Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any DJ's interested in doin internet radio???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sweet i'd love to see this up and running. Loved playing with the lads on Kitchen Sync the craic was great as well. I'd deffo be up for doing taking a slot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i have an oldskool daragh kelly mix playin now lads if ya's wanna tune in, coupla other lads are in now as well

Eh the name is pants, no offense!

i know mate, just off the top of me head as i wanted to get it sorted asap, can chage that anyway, any1 any ideas for a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

The old uStream site for reference http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

id be interested, but last time there was a problem streaming from traktor pro through the radios software.

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    id be interested, but last time there was a problem streaming from traktor pro through the radios software.

ustream seems pretty straight forward man, did ya have probs with that or another site?

The old uStream site for reference http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

Just my opinion but i think the best bet would probably be to just use that page and restart kitchen-sync and let es-cee run the station. Be handy as there's already a load of social network sites setup for it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

it was the kitchen sync one, cant remember whther it was shoutcast, think it was at the time.

I agree Scoob, it would also be easier to promote as the facebook etc is already set up. You also have a solid base of listeners to build on. I have been asked a good few times when is the Kitchen Sync starting back up.

Yeah Copey it was shoutcast.

i'm ez lads with what evers handiest, if ya's wanna open kitchen sync back up go for it, its just to get the idea out there i said i would open it, but sure if that got the connections and listeners already lets go down that route ;)

• Advertisement

Might be best, see what the other folk think.

Might be best, see what the other folk think.

i have a few peeps already on board with the idea of playin anyway so were not stuck for djs, just gettin the listeners in is all. whats the craic with broadcastin with vdj straight from your laptop btw?

Well I found the login credentials for facebook/twitter/email/uStream I will send them to you later.

Well I found the login credentials for facebook/twitter/email/uStream I will send them to you later.

cool, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

Biggest tip I can give you, if the sound quality is not good, people will not listen, if somebody doesn't have the bandwidth ask them to pre record their show.

Boards Thread

This is a great tip actually.. Always means youc an have something playing at all times

es-cee wrote: »
    i'm ez lads with what evers handiest, if ya's wanna open kitchen sync back up go for it, its just to get the idea out there i said i would open it, but sure if that got the connections and listeners already lets go down that route ;)

Cool ez the best way I think. Hopefully this is the start of something good. Look forward to working(having fun) with ya :D

Just tested everything there, its the same as it used to be where you can select audio and video inputs.

http://www.facebook.com/kitchen.sync

Just tested everything there, its the same as it used to be where you can select audio and video inputs.

http://www.facebook.com/kitchen.sync

just s added as friend there mate

Just messing about testing now, can't seam to get uStream to pick up an external soundcard.

Just messing about testing now, can't seam to get uStream to pick up an external soundcard.

i'll log in now mate to check it out

• Advertisement

Got it working with an external audio soundcard playing vinyl, sounds great decent.

Got it working with an external audio soundcard playing vinyl, sounds great.

have ya there now man

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Getting it grand here on the headphones, sound is fine to listen too... top end gets a little bit buzzy at time I think, nothing major at all though. Whats with the unce unce unce music? have you got any lady gaga or bruno mars no?

Cianh wrote: »
    Getting it grand here on the headphones, sound is fine to listen too... top end gets a little bit buzzy at time I think, nothing major at all though. Whats with the unce unce unce music? have you got any lady gaga or bruno mars no?

lol, its a dance music station mate. gonna have to tweek it a bit so on the sound

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

:) I know just jokin.

Its similar to the buzz when you don't have your decks grounded, it goes during the breakdowns, so its only happening when the hi hats etc are in the tune, its not that bad at all though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

question for Sean : how difficult was it setting it up with an external audio interface?

Any chance I could get on for a larf over the next few days.....complete with webcam highjinks etc? Might even shtick a mic in and ruin all the good music with inane ramblings.

still need to get it sorted tho, i'm after lowerin the high's already. i'll get there eventually :)

jtsuited wrote: »
    question for Sean : how difficult was it setting it up with an external audio interface?

Any chance I could get on for a larf over the next few days.....complete with webcam highjinks etc? Might even shtick a mic in and ruin all the good music with inane ramblings.

sounds good man :D

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    Handy, one the drivers are installed you can select the soundcard inputs from the audio source drop down list.

Advertisement