Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any DJ's interested in doin internet radio???

Options
  • 26-04-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

just wonderin if any of the boards faithfull out there would be interested in playing a regular slot on a ustream channel i'm thinkin bout opening? just got the idea on friday when i was listenin to fm radio and totally bored to tears with the sh1t bein played.
    anythin ya's wanna play any genre any time period, its up to the dj to play what they want, altho if ya's wanna do requests n stuff that totally fine too.
    nothins planned out or anythin, still in the idea stage but if i get a few interested in playin it'll deffo be goin ahead, have a few peeps interested in the idea already just tryin to get enough in to fill up a decent kind of timetable/roster thingy lol.
    if any of ya's are interested please let me know.

thanks, es :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

You leaving OOS mate to set up on your own;)

I must put my name down on OOS for a set again soon actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    You leaving OOS mate to set up on your own;)

I must put my name down on OOS for a set again soon actually.

no man still on oos but its only relly weekends over there, i wanna do full weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Kitchen-Sync stream on uwas started up here a while back and was great at the start with a good few listeners but sadly the interest waned after a while.
    I'd love to see something start again.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Kitchen-Sync stream on uwas started up here a while back and was great at the start with a good few listeners but sadly the interest waned after a while.
    I'd love to see something start again.

would ya be into playin yourself mate?

es-cee wrote: »
    would ya be into playin yourself mate?

Would love to....:)

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    Would love to....:)

sweet, the more the merrier mate, anythin ya wanna play too.
    hopefully if i get this off the ground i wanna cover all aspects
    of dance music not just house techno and trance.
    any genre djs wanna play from any era, variety is the spice
    of life after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I set up the Kitchen Sync station a couple of yeas back, it was great while it lasted but as bohsboy said interested faded. Id be more than happy to help you out setting up another one. uStream is not the best option, you are far better off using winamp or something and getting proper hosting. Not many people will have the required bandwidth to play via uStream at a good enough audio quality. If you have any questions give me a shout.

I would also be interested in playing, I could also contact all the people who played or inquired about the Kitchen Sync to see if they would be interested.

Biggest tip I can give you, if the sound quality is not good, people will not listen, if somebody doesn't have the bandwidth ask them to pre record their show.

Boards Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I set up the Kitchen Sync station a couple of yeas back, Id be more than happy to help you out setting up another one.

I would also be interested in playing.

This time Sean, try not to use it for your ultra-right wing fringe grassroots political movement. Still have your 'Aryan and Proud' chants stuck in my head.

I set up the Kitchen Sync station a couple of yeas back, it was great while it lasted but as bohsboy said interested faded. Id be more than happy to help you out setting up another one. uStream is not the best option, you are far better off using winamp or something and getting proper hosting. Not many people will have the required bandwidth to play via uStream at a good enough audio quality. If you have any questions give me a shout.

I would also be interested in playing, I could also contact all the people who played or inquired about the Kitchen Sync to see if they would be interested.

Biggest tip I can give you, if the sound quality is not good, people will not listen, if somebody doesn't have the bandwidth ask them to pre record their show.

Boards Thread

cheers man, i'll see what i can come up with, i've seen some ustream stations in action and they look fairly decent streaming audio and video, but i'll look into other options too, thanks :) more than welcome to play too mate.
    jtsuited wrote: »
    This time Sean, try not to use it for your ultra-right wing fringe grassroots political movement. Still have your 'Aryan and Proud' chants stuck in my head.

would you be into playin at all mate?

would you be into playin at all mate?
    If he is in I'm out. ;)

• Advertisement

If he is in I'm out. ;)

i take it you 2 lads don't see eye to eye then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Yeah, too busy winking at each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

haha, we're only buzzin.
    ah i wouldn't want to commit to anything like this yet, but sure, i'll probably be up for it at some stage or something.

haha, we're only buzzin.
    ah i wouldn't want to commit to anything like this yet, but sure, i'll probably be up for it at some stage or something.

no probs mate, ya know were to find me anyway lol.
    if ya have any mates ay think might be into it please let
    them know, thanks :)

So what is the plan?

i'm just waitin till i here back from another coupla peeps i messaged, but i'm gonna set somethin up by this evening and do a test broadcast if ya wanna do the honours of spinning the 1st tunes mate?

Have you looked into Winamp/Shoutcast or other solutions? Seriously uStream is handy but its not the best option sound quality wise. If you want to do this properly I suggest googling a few different options.

http://servers.internet-radio.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

i'll probably be up for it at some stage or something.

Great to see you displaying your a man of a decisive nature, you studying to be a doc and all:D

(sorry, i'll píss off now)

Great to see you displaying your a man of a decisive nature, you studying to be a doc and all:D

(sorry, i'll píss off now)
    Should you not be off protesting against something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Post of the year!!!

Sorry Is mise…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Funny you should say that as i am attending a meeting tonight, so i will píss off now;)

Have you looked into Winamp/Shoutcast or other solutions? Seriously uStream is handy but its not the best option sound quality wise. If you want to do this properly I suggest googling a few different options.

http://servers.internet-radio.org.uk/

whats the story with chat pages for shoutcast/winamp? i have them already set up on my laptop here but only use em to broadcast over on oos radio, they have their own radio page with chatroom etc.

whats the story with chat pages for shoutcast/winamp? i have them already set up on my laptop here but only use em to broadcast over on oos radio, they have their own radio page with chatroom etc.
    I don't know but try sort out the streaming first, taking into account sound quality and ease of use. Once that's established you can look at designing a website in fact you can use the kitchen sync website if you want.

Don't have time at the minute, might get a chance after work.

Delighted to see this is kicking off again as I really enjoyed the Kitchen Sync even if I only played for a couple of listeners at a time.

As Ive said before Im fully prepared to help out with costs for a proper set up, domain name, etc.

But first things first, lets get a timetable up and see how it pans out....

Agreed it was great while it lasted, I just don't have the time now to put into setting it all back up but I would be willing to lend a hand and also pitch in a few bob for hosting etc..

I'll send the lads a text that where on the kitchen sync to see if I can get any interest in taking a few slots.

i'm just after settin up a ustream channel there just for the time bein till i get it properly set up so we can get a schedule goin and have some tunes to listen to for now.
    i'm deffo gonna be upgrading tho to a proper server in the next short while this is just a temp jobby to get some listeners in and it has a chat page too so if any of ya's fancy a spin now jump over to here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dance-rev-o-lution and i'll get ya's sorted out.

nice1 for the support peeps, appreciate it ;)

Eh the name is pants, no offense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I wouldnt bother going down the Shoutcast/Winamp road tbh. I could never get them to work properly when Kitchen sync was switched over from Ustream. Ustream or livestream are grand and simple, just turn on and play, no kicking servers or any technical malarkey and the quality has definately improved in the last year.

I wont be around for the next few weeks but I'd do a slot at some stage no probs (if i was let ;) )

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I wouldnt bother going down the Shoutcast/Winamp road tbh. I could never get them to work properly when Kitchen sync was switched over from Ustream.

I agree, I tried to use Shoutcast/Winamp and just gave up after several attempts. You just get your password from ustream and play away.

• Advertisement

Yeah the uStream route is defiantly easier once the person has the bandwidth to insure the quality is decent.

Advertisement