Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Upcoming Releases thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The new Jane's Addiction album, The Great Escape , is now coming on on September 26th (23rd here in Ireland) after originally having a late August release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

That Mastodon teaser sounds awesome. Lots of good stuff on the way this year. Testament are also releasing a new album, The Dark Roots of Earth, this October. Gene Hoglan will drum on the album, as Paul Bostaph is injured. link

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    ............. Testament are also releasing a new album, The Dark Roots of Earth, this October. Gene Hoglan will drum on the album, as Paul Bostaph is injured. link

Lamb of Gods Chris Adler is drumming on two of the tracks too!

Kess73 wrote: »
    Album cover.

Anthrax-Worship-Music.jpg

The track listing for the album is out now.

1. Worship (intro)
    2. Earth On Hell
    3. The Devil You Know
    4. Fight ‘Em Til You Can’t
    5. I’m Alive
    6. Hymn 1
    7. In The End
    8. The Giant
    9. Hymn 2
    10. Judas Priest
    11. Crawl
    12. The Constant
    13. Revolution Screams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I'd be tempted to get the Testament album just to listen to Gene's drumming, the guy is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

New Testament ?
    Woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What's this? All Shall Perish have a new album out soon. YUSSSSSSS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

248680_234643906550012_186066214741115_1151354_3747380_n.jpg

Released this Monday, August 1st. I've been counting down the days since it was announced back in April!

Tracklisting;
    1. 狂骨の鳴り (Kyoukotsu No Nari)
    2. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
    3. DIFFERENT SENSE
    4. AMON
    5. 「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨 ("Yokusou Ni DREAMBOX" Aruiwa Seijuku No Rinen To Tsumetai Ame)
    6. 獣慾 (Juuyoku)
    7. 滴る朦朧 (****ataru Mourou)
    8. LOTUS
    9. DIABOLOS
    10. 暁 (Akatsuki)
    11. DECAYED CROW
    12. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 (Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami)
    13. VANITAS
    14. 流転の塔 (Ruten No Tou)

Previews of all songs can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFrfMRNrnPA

Last single, DIFFERENT SENSE.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHQbC2r61k

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgqenxNUfs&feature=player_embedded Looks good....also looks like we're getting new Mastodon and Machine Head albums on the same day! Gonna be a good day....

Threat Signal are set to release their third album in the coming months, not sure when exactly. If it's just like the last two albums I'll be delighted, although they said it is set to be their heaviest album yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Threat Signal are set to release their third album in the coming months
    Excellent, I will definitely be checking this out. I figured they were all but disbanded given their lack of activity so this is a welcome surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not too many penciled in for August however of whats due here's some samples of the bands Im most looking forward to.

Fleshgod Apocalypse - brutal,technical death.

All Pigs Must Die - kinda hardcore,kinda metal,interesting fusion thats hard to pin down.

Vader - brutal death metal.

Chimaira also have an album out next month,hopefully it will be a vast improvement on The Infection which I really didnt like.

Also,they wouldnt be my own cup of tea but Trivium have a new album coming out too.

Malice wrote: »
    Excellent, I will definitely be checking this out. I figured they were all but disbanded given their lack of activity so this is a welcome surprise.

I think Threat Signal should have a much bigger following given that they are ridiculously good at what they do. Perhaps they have poor management or something. The current album is being produced by Zuess so maybe it will get a little more recognition, Christ knows they deserve it!
    Chimaira also have an album out next month,hopefully it will be a vast improvement on The Infection which I really didnt like.

Also,they wouldnt be my own cup of tea but Trivium have a new album coming out too.

I quite like both these bands and I'll look forward to these new albums. It looks like the second half of 2011 will have a crazy amount of metal albums released!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

I think I read somewhere that Yes have a new album coming out this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

New Alice Cooper album, Welcome 2 My Nightmare, the sequel to Welcome To My Nightmare, due Sept 13th....it has a lot to live up to .

Sept is gonna be a good month

W2MN_0.jpg

http://alicecooper.com/latest/album/welcome-2-my-nightmare-details-and-album-cover-emerge

200motels wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that Yes have a new album coming out this month.

I had not heard about it, but a quick look at wikipedia tells me that they had a new album, Fly From here, released in June.

Nea wrote: »
    New Alice Cooper album, Welcome 2 My Nightmare, the sequel to Welcome To My Nightmare, due Sept 13th....it has a lot to live up to .

Sept is gonna be a good month

W2MN_0.jpg

http://alicecooper.com/latest/album/welcome-2-my-nightmare-details-and-album-cover-emerge

Isn't the September release date the Classic Rock fan pack version of the album with the store release date being a month after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Isn't the September release date the Classic Rock fan pack version of the album with the store release date being a month after that?

It is, my bad
    Only noticed that on Blabbermouth.

I would love to get the Old School boxset too but would have to sell my first born to get it:)

Alcest have a new album coming out later this year. Not sure how well known they are, but for those who don't know them they are a French black metal/post rock band.

These songs are from previous releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New Warbringer album, Worlds Torn Asunder, is out on September 27th:

1zoexrr.jpg

Stream of 'Living Weapon' from here:

http://www.hailsandhorns.com/streaming-2/exclusive-stream-warbringer-living-weapon/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

sentient_6 wrote: »
    New Warbringer album, Worlds Torn Asunder, is out on September 27th:

1zoexrr.jpg

Stream of 'Living Weapon' from here:

http://www.hailsandhorns.com/streaming-2/exclusive-stream-warbringer-living-weapon/

That artwork is damn sexy, I love this band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Alcest have a new album coming out later this year.

Thanks for that man, I loved their last album Écailles de Lune. I'll be looking forward to this, it's called Les Voyages De L'âme (The Soul's Journey) apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Cork lads Five Will Die have a new album out next month, "Worth and Soul". Defintely be gettin my mits on this when it comes out.

Nice n' sludgy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FlipFlop23

A bunch of new albums come out in t he near future ... what is everyone getting excited for?? personally I am very interested to here the new RHCP and Blink expected for the fall ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

New chimaira album

New Opeth album

and new Staind album

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Evanescsence album

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

FlipFlop23 wrote: »
    A bunch of new albums come out in t he near future ... what is everyone getting excited for?? personally I am very interested to here the new RHCP and Blink expected for the fall ...

New Anthrax & Megadeth is all that looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

New Evanescsence album

Whens that out

lord lucan wrote: »
    New Anthrax & Megadeth is all that looks good to me.

New Testament album due as well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New Testament album due as well. :)

Cheers,didn't realise they had something new due out.

Advertisement