Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Upcoming Releases thread

Options
  • 25-04-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be an idea to get a thread going for some general discussion about albums that are soon to be released. Obviously, many of the bigger bands tend to get a thread of their own for new releases, but there are lots of albums being released that I am sure would be of interest to many on here but seem to get little or no discussion. This should also help to keep up with new releases, I had forgotten about Amon Amarth's new album until someone mentioned it in the thread coming up to their recent gig here. Should be good for finding new music too.

Here are a couple of new albums out soon that I am interested in to get started.
    Symphony X's new album Iconoclast is due for release in June. Just listened to one song, The End of Innocence, which has been put up on youtube. Sounds decent, although not too much of a departure from Paradise Lost. Having said that, Symphony X have failed to disappoint me yet, and I expect this to be one of the albums of the year.

The other soon-to-be-released album that I have just heard about is the new Anvil album, Juggernaut of Justice (nice to see them continue their pattern of album titles:pac:). Its great to know that they are still working away and releasing new stuff. New song here.

Anyone else looking forward to these, or have any other new albums to discuss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Black Stone Cherry will have Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea out on the 27th May.

Janes Addiction will have The Great Escape out in August.

Shinedown have a live album, Somewhere In The Stratosphere , out this Friday.

Testament and Megadeth are both lookingt to have new stdio albums out in September.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm looking forward to Anaal Nathrakh's next album, Passion. Out on the 17th of May, I'm hoping it'll be as good as In The Constellation of the Black Widow.

Also have Shining (The Swedish one, not the Norwegian one) releasing a new one on the 25th of May, Född förlorare.

Arch Enemy will have Khaos Legions out in early June, which should be awesome. They've released a single from it already too:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

The new albums from Chickenfoot and Black Country Communion and the first ever live album from Def Leppard.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

That Arch Enemy song is pretty good. Will definitely check out their new album.
    rednik wrote: »
    The new albums from Chickenfoot and Black Country Communion and the first ever live album from Def Leppard.

Sweet, didn't know that Chickenfoot had a new album coming out. I see that they plan to call it Chickenfoot IV :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra due to be released 28th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Denny M wrote: »
    Arch Enemy will have Khaos Legions out in early June, which should be awesome.
    I'm definitely looking forward to that. I wasn't overly impressed with their last album but some of their other stuff is absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Illud Divinum Insanus - Morbid Angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Has anyone got the new Devildriver album "beast" yet? Any opinions?

(perhaps this is not the correct thread)

0FB86DD2BF4141079B0AD6140D2B1462-0000336305-0002297051-00560L-709B9618360A43BAA9C508A18CC54753.jpg

Released May 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Kess73 wrote: »
    Black Stone Cherry will have Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea out on the 27th May.

Shinedown have a live album, Somewhere In The Stratosphere , out this Friday.

Looking forward too black stone cherrys new one.

I got the the sound of madness album by shinedown. Is there other albums worth getting. Looking forwarded too the live on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Amorphis release The Beginning of Times at the end of May.
    Looking forward to it, love all their releases with Tomi Joutsen on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket
    Released:
    Europe - May 9, 2011
    Rest of the world - May 10, 2011

tumblr_lh31pvUMb21qawglko1_1298485964_cover.jpg
    Wikipedia:
    The band describe their new sound as being darker and heavier, referring to it as "doomgaze", a portmanteau of doom metal and shoegaze.
    I think it's brilliant, but I have a natural affinity for it, as I've had for all of their releases.

This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket

I have only heard some of their stuff, but what I know sounds great. Haven't gotten any of their albums or anything. I might check this one out. Do they have any promo videos or anything for the new album?

If anyone is interested, Anvil's new album is available to stream for free on their myspace page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

New Chilis album to be released in August....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Max Power1 wrote: »

It doesnt instantly hook like some of their other releases however its solid enough.

This beauty will be in the stores this w/end.:)

13AA12491C9D4102B3258BEAF68A263C-0000336305-0002305317-00480L-1430B8108CC84EEF909E1CC70C3A9B17.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

New Hate Eternal album Phoenix Amongst The Ashes is out in the next week or so.Ive listened to it a few times over the last day or so and it is frankly superb.

New Hate Eternal album Phoenix Amongst The Ashes is out in the next week or so.Ive listened to it a few times over the last day or so and it is frankly superb.

I've been listening to a few songs from it on youtube. It sounds immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Ghost and Deconstruction by Devin Townsend are both being released on June 20th.

^ A song from Deconstruction. If the rest of the album stays in the vein of this, it'll be pretty intense. :D

Mikael Akerfeldt, Ihsahn, Greg Puciato, Fredrik Thordendal and others guest on Deconstruction too.

If Addicted and Ki are anything to go by, these two albums will be absolutely fantastic. The mellow, chilled Ghost and the heavy, relentless Deconstruction.

Ghost album cover:
    devinghost.jpg

Deconstruction album cover:
    deconstruction.jpg

Cool album covers too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Jako8 wrote: »
    Ghost and Deconstruction by Devin Townsend are both being released on June 20th.

^ A song from Deconstruction. If the rest of the album stays in the vein of this, it'll be pretty intense. :D

Mikael Akerfeldt, Ihsahn, Greg Puciato, Fredrik Thordendal and others guest on Deconstruction too.

If Addicted and Ki are anything to go by, these two albums will be absolutely fantastic. The mellow, chilled Ghost and the heavy, relentless Deconstruction.

Ghost album cover:
    devinghost.jpg

deconstruction.jpg

Deconstruction leaked a few hours ago, but the tracker for the site that has it has gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mastodon have an album coming out which features Dave Grohl.

Steven Wilson will have a solo album out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Mushy wrote: »
    Mastodon have an album coming out which features Dave Grohl.

Interesting. I heard he's a big fan of the band. Probably just vocals though, can't really see him trying to play some of the stuff Brent comes up with on the guitar, or even the stuff Brann plays. Would probably have Scott Kelly on it as well, given his appearance on their last three albums.

Interesting. I heard he's a big fan of the band. Probably just vocals though, can't really see him trying to play some of the stuff Brent comes up with on the guitar, or even the stuff Brann plays. Would probably have Scott Kelly on it as well, given his appearance on their last three albums.

Anything Josh does, Dave does. In this case, its working with Mastodon.

Updated info from Steven Wilson solo:

"The new solo album website will probably launch in early June now. The music is done, but we're still working on film material and the deluxe edition. It's presented as two 40-45 minute albums in the same package (which begs the question; when is a double album not a double album? When it's 2 single albums issued together!) The album titles are "Deform to Form a Star" and "Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye"

So thats TWO new albums then;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jako8 wrote: »

Ghost album cover:
    devinghost.jpg

deconstruction.jpg

Am really really looking forward to those albums. Ya can never have too much Devin to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

rednik wrote: »
    This beauty will be in the stores this w/end.:)

13AA12491C9D4102B3258BEAF68A263C-0000336305-0002305317-00480L-1430B8108CC84EEF909E1CC70C3A9B17.jpg

I got it this morning. Great gig. It brought back good memories from the 2 times they played here on that tour. I wonder was there crap transport to/from gigs in Argentina as well or is it just here?

The documentary extra is a bit short though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Max Power1 wrote: »

I got it a while ago. It didn't really grab me but there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with it. I'd say if you're a Devildriver fan you'll like it.

I got it this morning. Great gig. It brought back good memories from the 2 times they played here on that tour. I wonder was there crap transport to/from gigs in Argentina as well or is it just here?

The documentary extra is a bit short though.

I've only had a chance to watch the first twenty minutes or so but the picture and audio quality are fantastic. Memories of Punchestown.:)

• Advertisement

Advertisement