Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Upcoming Releases thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Answer will be releasing a live DVD/CD in 2 weeks called 412 days of rock and roll. And they will have a studio album out in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

There's a new Enslaved song streaming here. They have an EP coming out soon which will be free to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    There's a new Enslaved song streaming here. They have an EP coming out soon which will be free to download.

EPS free here
    http://preemtiv.com/emails/enslaved/

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

New One from Decapitated Early July release cant wait!!

decapitated2011-300x300.jpg

Also the mighty Behemoth release a complation album early next month with some live and interesting Cover Songs:)

41552_behemoth_abyssus_abyssum_invocat.jpg

Disc I [Conjuration]
    01. Conjuration Ov Sleep Daemons
    02. Wish [Nine Inch Nails cover]
    03. Welcome To Hell [Venom cover]
    04. Christians To The Lions [live]
    05. Decade Of Therion [live]
    06. From The Pagan Vastlands [live]
    07. Antichristian Phenomenon [live]
    08. Lam [live]
    09. Satan's Sword (I Have Become) [live]
    10. Chant For Eskaton 2000 [live]

Disc II [Slaves Shall Serve]
    01. Slaves Shall Serve
    02. Entering The Pylon Ov Light
    03. Penetration [Fields Of The Nephilim cover]
    04. Until You Call On The Dark [Danzig cover]
    05. Demigod [live]
    06. Slaves Shall Serve [live]
    07. Lam [live]
    08. As Above So Below [live]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

CDVILEF317-400.jpg
    One of the early breed of US death metal acts, Autopsy formed in 1987 in San Francisco, & released 4 albums on Peaceville Records - beginning with the classic debut ‘Severed Survival’ in 1989 - before disbanding in 1995, with members going on to form Abscess.

Autopsy triumphantly & officially returned from the grave after a 15 year hiatus with the 2010 EP, ‘The Tomb Within’ – delighting critics & fans alike. Autopsy also celebrated this long overdue return with 3 headlining festivals at Maryland Deathfest, PartySan & Hole in the Sky, featuring friend Dan Lilker (Brutal Truth, Nuclear Assault) on bass, where the band was met with a rapturous reception from older fans, as well as a new generation of rabid metalheads.

Autopsy entered Fantasy studios in February 2011 with Adam Munoz to record ‘Macabre Eternal’, the long-awaited fifth album, with the original trio of Chris Reifert, Danny Coralles & Eric Cutler joined by Joe Trevisano of Abscess/Von fame on bass to pummel the senses with more uncompromising death & disease.
    This release will be backed up with more festival appearances across Europe & the US in 2011.

Autopsy notably features legendary drummer Chris Reifert, who began his recording career with US metal greats, Death, before taking on the unusual duty of handling drums & vocals for Autopsy. Autopsy has influenced a whole generation of extreme metal bands, from Entombed & Dismember to Darkthrone & is among the biggest & most respected names in the genre’s history.

‘Macabre Eternal’ features artwork by renowned horror artist Wes Benscoter (Slayer, Mortician, Sinister).
    This album is gonna be awesome, probably the death metal release of the year. I think the CD is released on May 31st. Pure old school punky doomy death metal heaviness.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Really really looking forward to Amorphis new album and Moonspell. I'm also curious to hear what Arch Enemy's new album is like as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Looking forward to Five Serpents Teeth from Evile coming out in August.

No songs out yet but here's Matt talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Really digging the Arch Enemy vid, and I was unaware of Mastodon being in the studio, together with a new EVILE release it looks like I will have some awesome albums to aquire soon enough!

Great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭cena

Seether have a new album out

• Advertisement

Machine Head are set to release an album in September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Machine Head are set to release an album in September

Oh wow, it'll be interesting to see how they follow up the Blackening...that was a masterpiece in the more modern style of thrash metal!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

There's a new Gojira song streaming here. It features Devin Townsend and Fredrik Thordendal. Listening to it now and really enjoying it.

It seems they have a new album on the way, but I don't know anything about it. According to wikipedia it was meant to be released in March, but presumably it has been put back. The title is still to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Illud Divinum Insanus - Morbid Angel

Actually, forget I ever suggested this. I've heard samples on Yootoob and have to say it's the biggest pile of steaming dog poo that I ever heard. And I was soooo looking forward to hearing what they would sound like with David Vincent back in the band! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Following on from my earlier post:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New Anthrax album,Worship Music,due officially on September 12th(13th US) according to Scott Ian today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Update on new Mastodon album.
    When asked about the sound of MASTODON's forthcoming album, "The Hunter", Dailor said, "When you listen to the songs, they don't sound as 'fun' as we perceive them to be, I guess; it's still pretty extremely heavy material." He added, "We had a few songs that were kind of, not left over from 'Crack The Skye', but just stuff that we wanted to be on that album, but that album kind of took on a whole different thing of its own and there were a few stragglers that were super-heavy and crazy that didn't make it, and we finally got to put them on this record. And then we wrote a whole bunch of brand new stuff. There's, like, 14 songs that we recorded. And it's sort all over the place — a lot of different sounds. Some straight-up classic-rock-sounding songs, straight-up death metal-sounding songs and some completely bizarre, weirdo rock songs that we're not really sure what they are, but we love them."

Sounds interesting but have to wait until maybe October to hear it.

Interview can be seen in the link below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159402

Unearth's new album - Darkness In The Light will be released on July 5. Killswitch Engages Justin Foley recorded the drums for this album and it is recently aannounced that he will tour with them also, as KsE are currently on a break!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra due to be released 28th June

That will be interesting.

BloodWrath's debut album the hate effect is out now. I came across these lads on SCUZZ the other night and I think they're pretty good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

First single from new Dream Theater album will be on Roadrunner site at like 5pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Listening to the the new Decapitated tune put me in a death metal binge this evening, & then i remembered id read about Vader working on a new album.

Welcome To the Morbid Reich is set to be released August 12th. Hoping it will be an improvement on Necropolis.

vaderwelcome.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

July is set to be a fúcking savage month for the more extreme side of metal with new releases from

Suicide Silence

Chelsea Grin

All Shall Perish

iwrestledabearonce

Toxic Holocaust

As well as a solo effort from Jamey (Hatebreed) Jasta.

Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

New album from Theory of a Deadman out on July 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

mastodonhunter.jpg

Artwork for Mastodon's new album. I suppose it's OK, I mean I really liked all their other artwork. This one is a lot different to them, I don't think I like it. Hopefully the album will be unreal. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭cena

Trivium have a new one coming out.

Tomorrow at 10:00am pst, http://mastodonrocks.com/ will reveal a special taste of what's to come. Stay tuned.

This was posted on Mastodon's facebook. So, expect an album teaser tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Jako8 wrote: »
    This was posted on Mastodon's facebook. So, expect an album teaser tomorrow. :D

Here it is:

Sounds interesting. Seems to be a mix for there old and new stuff. I need to hear more.

Here it is:

Sounds interesting. Seems to be a mix for there old and new stuff. I need to hear more.

The vocals sound cool. I like the effect on them, kind of psychedelic. I'm really looking forward to this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

lord lucan wrote: »
    New Anthrax album,Worship Music,due officially on September 12th(13th US) according to Scott Ian today.:)

Album cover.

Anthrax-Worship-Music.jpg

Advertisement