Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Gonna work on widening that squat stance too

Right, did about a million snatches from blocks at knee level with 50kg. Slow
    moved to the floor
    another million at 50, a load at 60 and two or three at 65, all slow and contrived as ****. Basically I need to do about a million reps to get any sort of speed back.
    Back squatted up to 115 for three singles, 100x6
    jerked 80 but subscap started making itself known
    jerk dip- 100-110-115-120-130x3
    back sq 80x6

Old injury happy, new one not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

This million reps thing seems to be catching on. Filthy crossfitters.

token wrote: »
    This million reps thing seems to be catching on. Filthy crossfitters.

I'd planned on resting between them though, so it's unlikely to help build the spaceship/isn't an adequate sacrifice for the heros, bro.

Dead Ed wrote: »
    I'd planned on resting between them though, so it's unlikely to help build the spaceship/isn't an adequate sacrifice for the heros, bro.

Don't call me bro, brah.

• Advertisement

snatched 70 for 5 singles, missed one behind and retook it. Wider grip is still messing with the head but it means I get a better contact

back squatted 115 for a single, 100 for some doubles.

pressed 40 for a few triples and did some overhead shrugs with it, couple of pullups too

snatched up to 70 for 3 singles, 73 for 5 singles, started looking better towards the end. Shoulder stability is still a weak point, still working away on it. I'll just hang around there until things get a bit more solid.

clean+power jerk: 3 singles at 75, no real pain

back squat: up to 115 for a single again, did a bunch of singles at 105. Did some wide stance squats with 60 and it felt like my hips were about to explode. Still need to push the knees further forward as I'm not as upright as I'd like to be

went in to do some shopping but pretty much went trainin...

Had to lift in chucks so was a bit outta position, snatched up to 75 handy, squatted 115 for a single, hamstrings stopped working, did 100 for 5 and some push pressing.

Pwo: sierra nevada torpedo (nutrient timing bro)

did 2x10 split squats 32kg total.

Yesterday:

jumped in the sea, it was cold

4min snatch test with 20kg krazyball, 65 reps, that's about 63 reps too many to be honest.

knackered today, ****e sleep.
    band stuff
    ytw
    voodoo
    quad, ankle, hip flexor stretch
    snatch:
    warmed up to 2 singles at 70 and about a million misses, dropped to 60 then 65 and 70, took 5 singles at 75, all of which were pretty good. Think something wasn't activated on the first run through

squats: 75,67 (taking a long run at something)

жим Клоков
    3x10x20kg

lots of cycling, lots of walking, lots of cold and some rage.

band stuff
    some variation of ytdubyas
    reverse flye things
    didn't stretch ankles because they didn't need it, forgot to do hip flexors

Clean and jerked 80 for 3 singles, 85 for another 2 or 3. Missed one. There's no pain in the shoulder but it's still not locking out with any confidence. cleans were weird, decent drive from the jerk but it's still not sitting too well.

Squats: 79, 71

one arm scap pulldownz:
    sets up to 8x45kg

Krazyball snatches:
    2x10x20kg

Moar later.

Not a whole lot moar... bunch of single leg deads, split squats were annoying the rear knee. Gonna roll some things or whatever.

• Advertisement

snatch+hang snatch:
    Bar,40,50,55,60,65,70,75(threw the hang behind)
    5x1x77 from floor
    Squats 83, 75
    Press: 2x5x40
    kb snatches: same as yesterday

clean and jerked up to 85 for 5 singles. Jerks good, slow down fast up. Shoulder more solid.

Squats 87, 78
    rdl 5x78, 90, 100

Rolled ITs and hips. Must've had some fighting with the sciatic nerves as everything is all relaxed down the legs now (will probably waste half a week on the internet tryin to figure this out. Edit, nope. Apparently the nerve can adhere to muscles and **** things up).

snatched the 20kg stalinball for 20 again

scap/serratus anterior stuff.

20 snatches with 20kg kommiebell this mornin

was beyond tired today despite being well fed. Warmup: band stuff, ytw, quad and hip flexor stretch, x band walks (not sure what to make of these), eye of newt.

snatch pull + hang snatch + snatch
    up to 65kg, missed the snatch at 70

snatch:
    70-75-78-78
    failed another 3 or 4 singles at 78, they were all high enough but outta place. body basically refused to do what it was supposed to. Left shoulder opened dialogue as well, which is worrying. Went back to 60 and failed it a few times too.

squats: 79, 71

went to do some snatch presses but there was some voodoo.

did some conditioning and stretching and things

Disaster!

zzz

/emo

Warmup: band stuff, ytw, skipped the x-band walks, did some stretchin

clean and jerked up to 88 for 5 singles, some of these were pretty soft, which is a pain.

Squats: 83, 75

jerk drives: up to 140 for a double

one arm scap pulldown: 40 for a bunch of 8s

Snatches: perfect to 65, some singles at 70 but I don't have the pop at the top and getting slower retreatin' the hips at that point. Did a load of singles at 75, missed a few, did some pulls and pulls against a purple band (oh no he di'nt) and some various chanting and voodoo. backed off and did 5 doubles at 60

squats: 87, 80 Slowly slowly catchee monkey. Forgot to brace.

Did herself's bootcamp then. Good stuff, although I had to do more than five. I don't do more than five.

Oh, also pressed a kettlebell a bunch of times while cycling. I reckon the russians would've won the cold war if they had access to this awesome secret. Unfortunately I now have a notion of pressing the 32 while cycling. Tactical as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I want a video of the 2 pood while cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

You were very good at doing more than 5. I think you've missed your calling.

Oh, also pressed a kettlebell a bunch of times while cycling. I reckon the russians would've won the cold war if they had access to this awesome secret. Unfortunately I now have a notion of pressing the 32 while cycling. Tactical as ****.

Teach me dear leader!

Molly wrote: »
    I want a video of the 2 pood while cycling!
    I'll probably get arrested training for it though. Ideally it'd happen at 32km/h too.

• Advertisement

32KG kettlebell for 32 reps at 32 mph = something amazing will happen

I think that's what the Mayans were on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

It all makes sense! 32kg x 32reps x 32mph = 88mph
    You've discovered time travel! Now you just need the kettlebell to be full of Plutonium.

We'd have to attach a flux capacitor to the bell first

Right, I need to write all this down and figure it all out. A training revolution is taking place right here people!

I'll need to find a time I'm unlikely to get arrested at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Right, I need to write all this down and figure it all out. A training revolution is taking place right here people!

I'll need to find a time I'm unlikely to get arrested at.

Uh oh, watch out, a man with a plan.

howtomake wrote: »
    Uh oh, watch out, a man with a plan.
    It's never ended well!

Clean and jerked 95 for a single. Back to 76 for 1x2c+1j then 5x1c+2j. Squats: 91, 82, sn pulls:3x3x80, rdl 3x5x105. Si joint felt weird. Tried hard to brace abs properly which improved matters a little. Had more energy today (which would bring the total energy to 'some', I believe the cycling kb presses are the factor here)

Right
    snatched 65 for 7 doubles. can pretty much drive a truck under my right scap. Spent some time trying everything to activate the serratus. **** it. reps were good though.

squats: 83-75

push press: 60 for a bunch of doubles (speeeeeed)

back squat into btn pushpress: up to 60 (more speeeeed)

sn pulls: 80x3, 85x3x3 horrible nasty things

think that's about it. snapped the chain off me bike due to awesome quadz power (!) spent 45mins hammering the pin out at the side of the street using an unlikely combination of things. nearly went under a 5mins later when both wheels locked up at a light (stupid greasy road). I'm now afraid to try to go home in case the ****ing thing spontaneously combusts. I blame kettlebells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

SN pulls look truly horrible to do, think it would give me a massive neck & headache. That's a pity about your bike.

• Advertisement

SN pulls look truly horrible to do, think it would give me a massive neck & headache.

I'm really only doing them to get massive traps!
    That's a pity about your bike.
    The war horse still lives! 50c part from cycleways plus some swearing and it's back to normal.

Advertisement