Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in Charlesland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It was only a generalization, there was no direct relation to anyone in those posts.

What he said ^^^^^

You are right to edit those posts Johnny because there's probably one person that inadvertantly fits the description in Charlesland. :o

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Now can we start talking about the muppets who park in the disabled spaces outside Superquinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Now can we start talking about the muppets who park in the disabled spaces outside Superquinn?

Sure but remember not to specifically list anything that could identify someone

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

There's plenty of those around. It's a regular occurrence outside the Seabourne apts also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alien1977

Just have to vent!

On my way home to the grove and just witnessed a mother pulling her small child (5 or 6yrold) by the hand across the large roundabout outside of Charlesland. From the central reservation within the estate, across to the middle of the big roundabout, then across again to the seaview (?) apts on the other side. Crazy dangerous!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

The visibility on that roundabout's really awful with all the bushes on it. Pretty but impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i thought it was deliberately like that to slow approaching drivers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Was just crossing towards shops

When I was half way across a taxi came into the estate and seemed to floor it to make me run faster.

THIS IS NOT A RACE TRACK!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

Am new to boards, but wanted to raise this issue, and this thread seems the most appropriate - has there been any progress on speedramps for the spine roads?

I cant find a thtead anywhere else on it here, maybe I'm missing it? As others have said, it's only a matter of time....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lance Vance

I met a wine coloured volvo suv driving the wrong way around the roundabout at the spine road yesterday afternoon at 5.00!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I met a wine coloured volvo suv driving the wrong way around the roundabout at the spine road yesterday afternoon at 5.00!

Is that the first time you've seen that?! Me in my little wicklow micra have come across that happening quite a bit:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

People coming out of Superquinn, pleeeeeease look right before turning! I work in Squinn so I'm there a fair bit and I always drive past the main carpark into the multi story one and very often, the people who pull out of the main entrance don't look right beforehand and just drive straight out, as if there's an assumption that no one would be travelling past that entrance! I've had a few near misses and always gives me such a fright even though I don't drive fast :(

Advertisement