Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I never heard a person from out side Dublin state that they hate Dublin pubs?!

What? Dublin pubs are the most expensive in the country (in general.) I know there's going to be cheaper ones up there, but as a tourist you don't know abou them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

No. Culchies hate us cause we are their superiors

Pardon me, I'm just making a cup of tea, would my superior like one :D

Beautiful morning here in culchie land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Buceph wrote: »
    What? Dublin pubs are the most expensive in the country (in general.) I know there's going to be cheaper ones up there, but as a tourist you don't know abou them.

I don't think the OP is on about prices, which all of us know about not just non-Dubs. I think he/she is trying just trying to have yet another, Dubs are better than culchies thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

A lot of Bogmen/Mucksavages like to get one up on the Dubs. Especially the ones from Limerick and Cork. They are the most annoying I've always found.:pac:

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    what do boggers think of Dubchies ( A culchie living in dublin and loving it) do you consider them traitors?
    i'm a dubchie and loving it so much more to do, earn more money, meet more intelligent people. its great!!!!
    i hate my home town to be honest its a backward going nowhere kip

Don't knock your home town, you will be happy to go back as often as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

danniemcq wrote: »

yous are like a spoilt child that gets all the gifts you want (public transport, roads, concerts, sporting events etc etc) and when you parents lost their jobs and all the money you still manage to get more than all the other kids (counties)

that's one jealous culchie rite there
    I don't really hate Dublin but yesterday when I was up there I felt like blowing the place sky-high.
    People were so rude, cutting me off, walking into me, no apologies or nothing. NO smiles either... that was creepy - they all looked like they wanted to kill me frown.gif Also a LOT of people there are complete idiots.

Country sucks though. Fecking farmers.

*end mini-rant*

enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

more importantly why do Yemeni hate Ballyhaugh so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lets just close this thread, it's the start of a long weekend, can we not all be a cheerful bunch instead of keyboard warriors :rolleyes:

kfallon wrote: »
    Lets just close this thread, it's the start of a long weekend, can we not all be a cheerful bunch instead of keyboard warriors :rolleyes:

I'm sure all the culchies are heading out of Dublin for the weekend.

Happy Easter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Because Dublin is a shithole and it's full of cunts that think they can speak down to you because you're from "cork" and when they hear I'm from Limerick they aren't long shutting up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Some amount of keyboard warriors on this thread its like watching two five year olds fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm sure all the culchies are heading out of Dublin for the weekend.

Happy Easter :D

I wouldn't be so sure of that at all ;)

what is wrong with everyone this morning, chill and relax, who cares what anyone thinks about where we come from. Everyone should be loyal to their own county.

If fairness I think a lot of country folk do have a chip on their shoulder.

Some amount of keyboard warriors on this thread its like watching two five year olds fight.

but not hot.

kfallon wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure of that at all ;)

some culchies will be going to Dublin as well I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Pardon me, I'm just making a cup of tea, would my superior like one :D

Beautiful morning here in culchie land.

2 sugars please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Question should be "Why do country girls love Dublin men so much?"

I asked a young married mother from Wexford this question once after a one night stand during her weekend "shopping trip" and she said it was the anonymity, the danger, the change from the norm.

Basically I think the city excites them. Probably why a lot of them move to Dublin or end up with Dublin fella's. Doesn't matter if they end up with fella's from their own townland, they can always come to Dublin for fun.

2 sugars please

No problem, would you like a BLT as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Because Dubs are closer to the UK and deep down everyone wants to be the Queens peasant, as will be witnessed by the turnout when she visits :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No problem, would you like a BLT as well ?

Yes I do!

nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Ecocentralism - that's why we hate dubs. Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Because we export loud dickheads.

A year ago i was in Neachtains in galway when the whole place was drowned out by 4 middle aged jipstains in dublin jerseys slagging 'culchies' and pointing and laughing and this old hippy in the pub.

I felt i had to appologise on behalf of dublin to people there once they left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Because we export loud dickheads.

A year ago i was in Neachtains in galway when the whole place was drowned out by 4 middle aged jipstains in dublin jerseys slagging 'culchies' and pointing and laughing and this old hippy in the pub.

I felt i had to appologise on behalf of dublin to people there once they left.

no need for you to apologies for them, you'll get d1ckheads from everywhere.
    I think this is why soetimes people don't like Dubs, or Cork heads, or people from Kerry, or Nordies. It's because the accents are so recognisable that when you hear someone being loud you're instantly able to say "That pr1ck is from so and so"

but anyways, generalisations are silly and these us vs. them threads are a little tired (though people from Longford are all strange)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

jimpump wrote: »
    nearly all my relatives and mates from down the country seem to hate everything about Dublin and its people!
    not sure why, some say its an inferiority comlex....
    but i just cant understand the reason why, can any country folk explain?
    jimpump wrote: »
    it might be cos all the culchies are frustrated cos the only people they go off with are their cousins and sisters
    It seems you answered your own question...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Always great to see an original thread on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Dubs have no tact. They can't hold their piss. I notice they always share the minute details of their lives with everyone. That means they can't be trusted. It makes them unreliable employees. Also Dubs are scabs. They are always borrowing and looking for stuff. They leave no value on anything.

Dubs are England's lasting legacy to the Irish, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Dubs have no tact. They can't hold their piss. I notice they always share the minute details of their lives with everyone. That means they can't be trusted. It makes them unreliable employees. Also Dubs are scabs. They are always borrowing and looking for stuff. They leave no value on anything.

My god, what part of the country are you from that its customary to carry your piss around with you!

Verrrrry interestink.

Can you explain your comment in bold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I never heard a person from out side Dublin state that they hate Dublin pubs?!
    Im so sick of us vs them threads :mad:

I hate dublin pubs! pints are muck up there! not from visiting by the way, i had to live there for 6 months.

i will give ye one thing, Leo Burdocks is unreal!

nah being honest, i dont mind going up there the odd time and taking ye're women off ye but I'd never live there again.

Everyone's in a rush, drink is very expensive, there is a massive divide in peoples class up there, they have a problem with people from outside dublin.

Now not all people are ignorant up there but about 2/3rds of them are from my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement