Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School uniforms that would want to make you vomit !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dudess wrote: »
    Cork seems to have the shortest skirts in Ireland,

this makes me want to vomit....all over my erection

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I remember i was in 2nd year at school and we went to the young scientist exhibition in the RDS. There was some school from cork with a green top and the shortest skirt ever.
    We were all like :eek:
    Seen nothing like it in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cork seems to have the shortest skirts in Ireland (I know 'cus I wore one) apart from St Vincent's (the school that was in the news last year for condoms at the debs) which has these ridiculously long Handmaid's Tale yokes.

My year had to have a talk because our skirts are "like tutus" apparently. So, er, yeah...

And I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone from St. Vincents wearing the skirt since they took pity on them and introduced pants...
    DaveDaRave wrote: »
    I remember i was in 2nd year at school and we went to the young scientist exhibition in the RDS. There was some school from cork with a green top and the shortest skirt ever.
    Oh yeah, that's probably my school. Ahem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's a FAP for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GalwayGirl120

I was more curious about Tech AT henry. Sounds like some uber techy geek website.

haha not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My uniform was horrible. A big green jumper, long plain green skirt for junior half, long heavy checked green and navy skirt for senior half, green knee-high socks, cream shirt and black shoes. The old vice principal would go around making sure you han't got your skirt rolled up. There was no option of pants despite our begging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Naryclaire

Went to school in Limerick, so I had a foot (not ankle, foot) length thick pleated wool skirt, v-neck, and decks (now called "dubes" apparently). Hilarious trying to make them flattering by wearing "banned" fitted white penneys blouses as opposed to school shirts. In the summer you'd get Americans and Chinese tourist asking to pose with you on Cruises St, and in winter the school was too tight to get the radiators working so we-along with every other girls school in Limerick-had "day pyjamas" as well as "night pyamas" that we wore tucked into our socks under our skirts for warmth. Apparently some teachers have since started doing pyjama checks, though I'd love to hear them justify asking a teenage girl to lift her skirt if challenged! TBH though, if I'd been a bigger girl (I'm fairly tiny) I'd have been happier in that type of thing than the mini-skirts in Cork and the like. Always used to feel sorry for the big girl squeezed into her blue tube skirt when we were on school trips! Though, Cork girls used to bless themselves when they passed us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

this makes me want to vomit....all over my erection

there is a train every hour to cork isnt there?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 El_Paolo

We didn't have a uniform :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

My first school was horrendous...bright blue jumper, light blue shirt, bright blue and very long skirt and bright blue socks. We all looked like ridiculous smurfs.

My second school from 4th-6th year uniform was nice though-short green/blue check skirt, knee socks and white shirt. Navy jumper that no-one ever wore except with one teacher who was a bit of a perv and used to tell us that it was very hot outside and we should all take our jumpers off...it was usually raining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Blandest uniform in the country-dark navy/black trousers and jumper, grey shirt, you'd swear it was a spec ops get-up or somethin! Having said that we met another school at some careers day that had a cartoony turquoise jumper, made me glad to be wearin such a conservative colour lol :D

Calasanctius is the name of the school in Oranmore? What a horrible, horrible name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

All Irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I thought mine was ok, grey jumper and trousers, nothing too offensive. Then they introduced the new 'casual' 6th year uniform.

Black trousers. Light brown shirt. Black sweatshirt, roundneck style. It was the most horrific crime against fashion I've ever encountered. Slag me all you like for saying this, but brown and black clash so we all looked like idiots. Some liked that they got to wear a sweatshirt. I reverted to a black V-neck jumper and a white shirt, and told any teacher who questioned it I wasn't buying a new top and shirt for a few months of school, they didn't really care at that point anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I thought mine was ok, grey jumper and trousers, nothing too offensive. Then they introduced the new 'casual' 6th year uniform.

Black trousers. Light brown shirt. Black sweatshirt, roundneck style. It was the most horrific crime against fashion I've ever encountered. Slag me all you like for saying this, but brown and black clash so we all looked like idiots. Some liked that they got to wear a sweatshirt. I reverted to a black V-neck jumper and a white shirt, and told any teacher who questioned it I wasn't buying a new top and shirt for a few months of school, they didn't really care at that point anyway.

Brown and Black uniform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Cork seems to have the shortest skirts in Ireland (I know 'cus I wore one) apart from St Vincent's (the school that was in the news last year for condoms at the debs) which has these ridiculously long Handmaid's Tale yokes.

Yeah, I remember seeing more than one girls school in Cork that had ridiculously long skirts. Literally went right down to their feet. Girls in our school called them "the Floating Virgins". :pac:

Our uniform consisted of a winey/maroon coloured jumper, winey/maroon and white striped tie, grey shirt and grey pants (girls had choice between pants or skirt) Could have been worse, I suppose. Uniforms are ghey, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

Mine was brown and green. Like a tree. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My primary school uniform was utterly horrendous. Royal blue jumper and A line skirt. Canary yellow shirt. And to top it off, as if it wasn't bad enough, a f**king black velvet ribbon, tied in a bow, instead of a tie:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I had to wear a green gabardine that doubled in weight when it rained! I used to roll my skirts up to mini skirt length out side of school, Id be left with a huge role of material at my waist :pac:
    did ya roll it to mini skirt length so young lads could put their hands up and tickle up your knickers go on ya good thing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

did ya roll it to mini skirt length so young lads could put their hands up and tickle up your knickers go on ya good thing:D

No, no we didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

At school the uniform consisted of chinos, waistcoat,striped blazer and a straw boater which one would tip to a Master if passing him in the Quadrangle. I can't remember if monocles were obligatory or not but everyone wore one.
    You wore a blazer with a waistcoat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mine was a royal blue jumper and calf length royal blue skirt with grey socks or tights. Absolutely hideous :eek: Can't wear blue to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

goose2005 wrote: »
    You wore a blazer with a waistcoat?

That's the part of the outfit you're questioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Slut on the slope or whore on the hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't know - the school just down the street from where you went to art college is where I went. I know it's definitely not whore on the hill anyway... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't know - the school just down the street from where you went to art college. :)

Ah, that gaff. Not the best uniform really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, very dull looking... Horrible drab green and then a grey blouse. At least no pinafore or long/pleated skirt malarky though...
    DaveDaRave wrote: »
    :D
    I went to something like that in UL when I was in second year (P.E. awards or something) and it was the same thing. Our skirts stood out a mile. Bizarre that it's pretty much confined to Cork - what could it signify...? :pac:
    I couldn't believe how long the other schools' skirts were.
    Namlub wrote: »
    And I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone from St. Vincents wearing the skirt since they took pity on them and introduced pants...
    Oh yeah forgot that - the skirt was quite shortlived. It was monstrous!
    Oh yeah, that's probably my school. Ahem...
    Could be a few places - St Al's, Angela's, Aidan's, Ashton. Basically, anywhere that begins with an "A". One of those is my alma mater too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Grey trousers,grey jumper,grey shirt and my school still churns out accountants like a conveyor belt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Mine is made up of black, red and white. Not too bad. Better than my purple primary school uni.

Advertisement