Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I like it, looking forward to (hopefully) picking up a gold Vinyl from my local record store on Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gave this a couple of listens today and I'm impressed. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear it as their back catalogue is outstanding and I was concerned it would sully their legacy but I needn't have feared. It's no AD or KFAD but it's definitely better than AOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Almost forgot to post this, audio of their show at Slane in '92 for those who were there and remember their killer set.

https://youtu.be/AmsRMvuoEW0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

lord lucan wrote: »
    Gave this a couple of listens today and I'm impressed. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear it as their back catalogue is outstanding and I was concerned it would sully their legacy but I needn't have feared. It's no AD or KFAD but it's definitely better than AOTY.

Interesting. I like AOTY so looking forward to this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I like it, looking forward to (hopefully) picking up a gold Vinyl from my local record store on Friday morning

Gave in and ordered this online last night, only 1500 of them apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

blastman wrote: »
    Gave in and ordered this online last night, only 1500 of them apparently.

Which site did ya get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My iTunes pre-order downloaded there at midnight, one full listen since, (couldn't check out the stream unfortunately) and I must say I'm actually astounded at how good it is, even after all those great reviews I'm still surprised!

And I can confirm that this is definitely a FNM album! FNM have some strange ability to release music that's different from anything they've released before, and still have it sound like a FNM album.

It's interesting that back when Tomahawk released their first album and Mit Gas people were saying "this sounds like Faith No More", but when I heard the first track, "Sol Invictus", I was like "this sounds like Tomahawk" haha! Well the intro to "Cone of Shame" certainly does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They've never had a bad or mediocre album and I'm glad I've waiting until today to get it on Cd (if I can).

• Advertisement

What a buzz Superhero was, the clean hard sounds of the instruments underproduced instead of over produced! Such a joy to hear something real

Banquet Records (direct link)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Not mad about Sol Invictus, so far.
    Matador, Motherfudger and Separation Anxiety are decent. The title track feels like it ends just as it's getting going.
    Few of the others might be growers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Cone of Shame kind of reminds me of Stonehenge by Spinal Tap...!!!

I am disgusted. And why must people be so judgmental of others musical tastes or bands they have not heard before.
    Nature of the net i'm afraid.

It has the best parts of the last 3 FNM albums,

its really quiet enjoyable, really hope we get a gig in ireland.

Unfortunately Banquet weren't able to fulfill my order as they got fewer copies of the gold vinyl than they were expecting. :(

I've ordered it elsewhere, we'll see what happens, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

blastman wrote: »
    Unfortunately Banquet weren't able to fulfill my order as they got fewer copies of the gold vinyl than they were expecting. :(

I've ordered it elsewhere, we'll see what happens, I suppose.

Ah crap, I ordered it from tower records arrived yesterday. gold edition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been giving this a spin today. It's certainly short and sweet but with plenty of depth to it. Patton, as usual, is his mercurial self. It immediately evokes Tomahawk rather than a FNM album and initially there appears to be little in the way of connection to previous FNM albums but it probably requires more listens to get into the spirit of the album.

With Patton continuing some of the vocal styles he employs in Tomahawk, coupled with the fact that Bottom isn't using the (probably outdated now) big synthy strings it's definitely sounding more modern like Tomahawk. The thing that really pulls it back to being Faith No More is Gould's bass playing, I think. That and the little Angel Dust style piano arpeggios.

I didn't expect the album to be as good as it is. When one of your favourite bands does a comeback album it can be good but underwhelming (Jane's Addiction's "Strays"), but I think this has its own place in the discography already for me.

• Advertisement

Just gave this a spin on spotify , have to say I was expecting it to be hard work and not to be overly interested on a first listen but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Listened to it for the first time today in the car, I think it sounds great on first listen.

I had separation anxiety loop a few times earlier. Really enjoying that track :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'very been playing it over and over all week.
    Best week in ages!

kbannon wrote: »
    I'very been playing it over and over all week.
    Best week in ages!

Haha! Ive been watching the Superhero performance on Jimmy Fallon 5 times a day for the last week or so. It might be the best live song they have ever done. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic but for a bunch of middle aged guys to produce music with such and edge, such power and energy I didn't think it was possible. That performance is some seriously inspirational sh*t.
    These dudes inspired my life so much I dont know where to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So is anyone going to see them this week in the UK. I am based in London and going on Thur night so if anyone is about for a beer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Have you pics of yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Il be the tall guy in a SNOT cap......

If you are over and fancy a few beers then PM me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

This post has been deleted.

How in Christ's name can anyone come to that conclusion? Dismissing for a moment that RHCP are ****e, they sound absolutely nothing alike and FNM formed two years before RHCP.

Yeah, I know I'm responding to an oldish post but I just read that and saw red!

Advertisement