Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sounds great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

'.....the sun rises here to save us now'

Yeah,.... the happy sunny days are comin back like a rip roaring 90's flashback, a superhero to proper stomp out all the false idols of the last 2 decades. All you fake wannabe hipster bands with yer punctured ear lobes worshipping false idols of the commercial music industry, this is the real sounds right here! Stick your faux techno glow rings back in your wardrobe cause its all about the craft with the FNR. You better believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Faith No More tour dates, they are booked all the way through to August 9th.

http://www.fnm.com/tour-dates.shtml

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Faith No More tour dates, they are booked all the way through to August 9th.

http://www.fnm.com/tour-dates.shtml

Big gap from 28 June - Aug 9 to fill in yet though. Probably more festivals and hopefully an Irish date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Big gap from 28 June - Aug 9 to fill in yet though. Probably more festivals and hopefully an Irish date
    Sure they'd have to do an Irish date, I wonder what size venue they'd fill these days in Ireland?
    Doubt they'd do the outdoor thing here. Sure what kind of line up would they fit into when you consider the festivals in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Probably more shows will be announced to fill in the huge gap, an Irish date would be cool, and it would allow me a chance to cross FNM of the list of bands i want to see live.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Probably more shows will be announced to fill in the huge gap, an Irish date would be cool, and it would allow me a chance to cross FNM of the list of bands i want to see live.

Yeah would be great. I saw them 3 times in '92 & '93 but missed the reunion gig a few years back as I was on holidays.

Sol Invictus cover art & track listing

Faith_No_More_-_Sol_Invictus_Album_Cover.png

1. Sol Invictus
    2. Superhero
    3. Sunny Side Up
    4. Separation Anxiety
    5. Cone of Shame
    6. Rise Of The Fall
    7. Black Friday
    8. Mother****er
    9. Matador
    10.From The Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sure they'd have to do an Irish date, I wonder what size venue they'd fill these days in Ireland?
    Doubt they'd do the outdoor thing here. Sure what kind of line up would they fit into when you consider the festivals in Ireland.

Only Logical dates are June 14-20 after Download before Hellfest where there is a gap.

The venue would obviously be the Olympia/Academy. Last gig here was Olympia not can't see them advancing on that now perhaps more than one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

• Advertisement

Probably zero chance of them squeezing in a date here on the Monday, Tuesday or Thursday of that week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Only Logical dates are June 14-20 after Download before Hellfest where there is a gap.

The venue would obviously be the Olympia/Academy. Last gig here was Olympia not can't see them advancing on that now perhaps more than one night.

Olympia was too small it sold out instantly. It's the summer, Kilmainham would do the size ask nicely I reckon.

They've put out a remix of Superhero. Not my kind of thing but might appeal to some

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-releases-remix-of-superhero-song/

frag420 wrote: »

Goddam it I got called into a meeting just before 10am, needless to say I didnt get a tickets................so pissed right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

frag420 wrote: »
    Goddam it I got called into a meeting just before 10am, needless to say I didnt get a tickets................so pissed right now!!

It's tomorrow they're onsale to public. presale was yesterday

It's tomorrow they're onsale to public. presale was yesterday

It was 02 presale yesterday, Livenation presale today..........missed out on both!!

I just assumed that they all went in pre sale. How many are usually held for presale?

A few new tracks debuted last night.

They also played one called Sunny Side Up but doesn't seem to be up on Youtube yet.

Said I'd give a heads up supposedly if registered with the Roundhouse you can see that a Thursday date is gonna be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Got a ticket to the Roundhouse from an amazingly great Scottish friend. So I am chuffed to bits to be going. Last time I seen them was in 2009 in Edinburgh so it's a reunion for me with both Glasgow and Faith No More! Should be amazing!

Got a ticket to the Roundhouse from an amazingly great Scottish friend. So I am chuffed to bits to be going. Last time I seen them was in 2009 in Edinburgh so it's a reunion for me with both Glasgow and Faith No More! Should be amazing!

The Roundhouse is in London!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The Roundhouse is in London!!

Sorry, I mean the Academy in Glasgow....still in shock....opps :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Is it looking unlikely they'll do a show here?
    Thinking I'll head abroad to see them if that's the case. Maybe Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Sadly it looks like Sol Invictus has leaked in full. While I'm eager to hear it I can wait until May 18th! We've all waited long enough for a new album!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seen them end of January here in brisbane. Ears are still buzzing from how great they were.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sadly it looks like Sol Invictus has leaked in full. While I'm eager to hear it I can wait until May 18th! We've all waited long enough for a new album!
    Saw that alright, and even though I'm dying to hear it, I have the limited edition clear vinyl pre-ordered (as well as the digital version :D), so I'll wait till then too; the way they intended!

Loving all the new tracks live though, as Billy said, they have a lovely bit of "space" to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm definitely waiting. I want to experience getting it on cd the day it comes out.

Good gig and interesting to see Chuck back even if he was awful.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-entire-sol-invictus-album-available-for-streaming/

Album available to stream if you don't want to wait til Friday to hear.

EDIT - That NPR link only seems to work in the US so here's one that works here if that the NPR one doesn't

http://www.nme.com/news/faith-no-more/85293

• Advertisement

I've had 2 listens now and it's good. I don't think it's a classic by any means but it's as good as I expected it to be.

Advertisement