Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No justice in this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    What level of scumbag are you talking about OP. Just general scumbag or serious crime scumbag.

Well I'm in Australia with a couple of years so I don't know him personally but since I've enquired about him the list has been endless .......

Bear in mind that he is still only 20!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Yakult wrote: »
    Their should be a national scumbag hunting day once a month. Gather up aload of people, give them guns and pick-up trucks, then hunt these scummy b**tards to the death. It would do society a huge favor. Not like anything gets done by the justice system. A few weeks in jail and they are out again free to re-offend like they always do. Bullet to the head would solve that.

How about, gather 1000 of them in a field. Give them all guns. Say to each of them, for every other scumbag you kill, we'll add 197 euro to your weekly dole for the rest of yer life. :P There'd be none of them left by the end. :D Well, maybe one but we'd just toss him in d'Joy for a wee while with 999 counts of murder on his head.

HoneyRyder wrote: »
    Are you equally vociferous OP when greater injustices take place that don't affect you or yours? Main problem with society in general -selfishness.

Oh absoultely, it's the main reason I'm making a future myself outside of Ireland.
    What happens in my local town is a small scale. Living in Limerick for 4 years was the real eye opener about what good decent people endure daily. Like the Collins family for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Are you equally vociferous OP when greater injustices take place that don't affect you or yours? Main problem with society in general -selfishness.
    I see by your location your from sweet valley high.Do us all a favour and go back there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

You see OP, what apparently we don't understand, is that despite the 30+ convictions the guy has for assualt, he is not really a violent person. He just had some drink in him, he has now given that up and hasn't touched it in over two days, he also donated a pittance to some poor box. He will feel very bad sitting at home during his suspended sentence. It must be our fault as a society I guess as reading the local newspapers here show the same one or two lawyers telling us the same stories week in week out for the various scumbags of Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

People need to learn to fight and prepare themselves for the future, stuff like this is becoming more common place and things are just going to get worse in every way imaginable, the end is nigh!

To be fair, learning to fight won't stop you from getting a screwdriver in the guts or getting kicked to death by a crowd of 5 scobes.... who'll get a manslaugther charge and maybe a 5 year sentence reduced to 3 for good behaviour because they said they were sorry at some point during the legal proceedings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

amybabes wrote: »
    Oh absoultely, it's the main reason I'm making a future myself outside of Ireland.
    What happens in my local town is a small scale. Living in Limerick for 4 years was the real eye opener about what good decent people endure daily. Like the Collins family for example.

Would this scumbag be one of the families moved out of the city to all around the county under the regeneration?

People need to learn to fight and prepare themselves for the future, stuff like this is becoming more common place and things are just going to get worse in every way imaginable, the end is nigh!
    Maybe changing our justice and rehabilitation system with an introduction of a German style good samaraitan law.

What my brother said was he didn't even get a chance to defend himself, the headbutt came out of nowhere.

Wouldnt mind but he tormented my poor mother to let him join a boxing club years ago and now she's blaming herself for not letting him go.

Took a look at the scummer's facebook page which is wide open and turns out he went to the boxing club when he was younger.

You can't win!! He would have crossed paths with this ratbag either way, boxing along side him or being assaulted by him.
    I told my Mother the latter was probably preferable as wouldnt it be worse if my brother was hanging around with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Oh absoultely, it's the main reason I'm making a future myself outside of Ireland

What has making a future for yourself outside of Ireland got do with altruism? If anything, it only consolidates the self-obsessed nature that seems so prevalent today.

So your brother lost a few teeth and for that I'm sorry. However in the big scheme of injustices that happen to other people in all sorts of ways, it's nothing. Get some perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nah. Stuff like this has always happened. Me and every one of my mates has been jumped at some point. Ireland and Britain have always been bad for low level thuggery.

Would this scumbag be one of the families moved out of the city to all around the county under the regeneration?

No just general scum. He comes from a strong family line though!

My hometown is actually in South Co. Tipp, voted 4th worst town in Ireland a few years ago. Lovely place!

What my brother said was he didn't even get a chance to defend himself, the headbutt came out of nowhere.

Wouldnt mind but he tormented my poor mother to let him join a boxing club years ago and now she's blaming herself for not letting him go.

Took a look at the scummer's facebook page which is wide open and turns out he went to the boxing club when he was younger.

You can't win!! He would have crossed paths with this ratbag either way, boxing along side him or being assaulted by him.
    I told my Mother the latter was probably preferable as wouldnt it be worse if my brother was hanging around with him.
    If he isnt a seriously dangerous person get a few mates and give the lad a lesson.

Tipperary Town is surely the worst town in Ireland for scum per size
    When Primetime Investigates did a documentary it wasn't by accident it was picked

And Tipp forum on boards easily voted it worst town in Tipperary

A shame :(

What has making a future for yourself outside of Ireland got do with altruism? If anything, it only consolidates the self-obsessed nature that seems so prevalent today.

So your brother lost a few teeth and for that I'm sorry. However in the big scheme of injustices that happen to other people in all sorts of ways, it's nothing. Get some perspective

Wasn't just referring to the incident that happened this weekend, I left Ireland 2 years ago!

It's the lack of justice in general. For everything.
    Aswell as tax rates, poor health system, banks, no jobs or prospects, probably never being able to own my home..... There's a list ;)

To be fair, with the amount of damage that first unforeseen strike caused there was nothing your brother could have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

So because other people suffer too, that means that her brother's suffering is somehow less important?

Unpossible wrote: »
    To be fair, with the amount of damage that first unforeseen strike caused there was nothing your brother could have done.
    +1. You're pretty much done for after a good headbutt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Interesting point, maybe they'd have ended up bein mates?
    Either that or I'm just hippy-dreaming as usual.

Tipperary Town is surely the worst town in Ireland for scum per size
    When Primetime Investigates did a documentary it wasn't by accident it was picked

And Tipp forum on boards easily voted it worst town in Tipperary

A shame :(

3 out of the top 4 towns on the worst in Ireland list in terms of crime, unemployment etc were in Co. Tipperary that year if I remember well.
    It didn't surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Seriously lad just go to sleep will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I don't condone assault..... BUT

You say you have other brothers. If he is local I'm sure you know where he lives. Get your 18 y.o. brother to show the other brothers a picture of him. When the dickhead is on his way home pissed off his head on his own some night just beat the **** out of him. Drive up behind him, jump out of the car and just clatter him. Obviously don't leave the man for dead or anything but give him a few belts anyway. Other brothers should be in clothing that renders them anonymous, ofc. Your man won't know who they are and he probably won't remember too much. At least you'll feel you got some justice. And you could take him to court for the laugh as well :pac:

Is your brain in need of a service?

jive wrote: »

You say you have other brothers. If he is local I'm sure you know where he lives. Get your 18 y.o. brother to show the other brothers a picture of him. When the dickhead is on his way home pissed off his head on his own some night just beat the **** out of him. Drive up behind him, jump out of the car and just clatter him. Obviously don't leave the man for dead or anything but give him a few belts anyway. Other brothers should be in clothing that renders them anonymous, ofc. Your man won't know who they are and he probably won't remember too much. At least you'll feel you got some justice. And you could take him to court for the laugh as well :pac:

Well I come from a sizeable family of predominantly males. Uncles, cousins etc. To say they are not happy would be an understatment.

But there is a worry of how far it would continue. I'd prefer to have a chance of getting this on his record, getting him bound to peace, stop it from happening to someone else than see him get a hiding!

It will happen some day, of that I'm sure. Just would prefer it not to happen at the hands of my family or friends.

Our Eastern European tenants already offered to do a job on him!! LMAO

You live in Tipp

It goes with saying your brothers are skilled in the use of a hurley ;)

jive wrote: »

Speaking from experience: Whatever you do - don't do that.^^^

You live in Tipp

It goes with saying your brothers are skilled in the use of a hurley ;)
    Not when they meet the banner this year;)

Well I come from a sizeable family of predominantly males. Uncles, cousins etc. To say they are not happy would be an understatment.

But there is a worry of how far it would continue. I'd prefer to have a chance of getting this on his record, getting him bound to peace, stop it from happening to someone else than see him get a hiding!

It will happen some day, of that I'm sure. Just would prefer it not to happen at the hands of my family or friends.

Our Eastern European tenants already offered to do a job on him!! LMAO

Yeah I understand the not wanting your family to do it in case it escalates. Most people wouldn't bother giving someone a cheeky anonymous hiding and I don't blame them. Better just leaving it off cause chances are you'll only cause yourself more hassle. BUT if you're really annoyed even in a few weeks time then it's probably a good choice. Car with 4 people in, 3 hop out when he's drunk on his own walking home and just kick the **** out of him. Hop back in and cruise away living the dream. Cowardly some might say but headbutting a docile leaving certer when he's 2 years his senior ain't too favourable

Speaking from experience: Whatever you do - don't do that.^^^

It has to be done. And recorded. And youtubed. And posted.

You could also blast him with piss while he weeps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Aswell as tax rates, poor health system, banks, no jobs or prospects, probably never being able to own my home..... There's a list ;)

You clearly have no concept of selflessness at all so trying to engage with you about that is pretty pointless.
    So because other people suffer too, that means that her brother's suffering is somehow less important?

Not at all and good luck to you trying to find where I suggested otherwise. It just sickens me that people are so quick to jump on their high horse when they or their family are affected but largely couldn't give a toss what happens otherwise.

Essentially makes them no better than all the others out to look after themselves in this country. No concept of the greater good has basically put us in the mess we're in today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement