Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Walked up Slievenamon for the first time this morning.
    Since I was out of breath by the time I got to the first gate (this from the Kilcash side) I didn't rate may chances,but I made it.

What a lot of people had the same idea! There must have been over a hundred people of all ages on their way up and down.

Highly recommended and believe me,if I can do it anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

cml387 wrote: »
    Walked up Slievenamon for the first time this morning.
    Since I was out of breath by the time I got to the first gate (this from the Kilcash side) I didn't rate may chances,but I made it.

What a lot of people had the same idea! There must have been over a hundred people of all ages on their way up and down.

Highly recommended and believe me,if I can do it anyone can.
    It was the annual walk today wasn't it,I did it a few years ago twas great craic.every true Tipp man/woman should walk up Slievenmon at least once in there life time.
    It's like mecca;)

tippspur wrote: »
    It was the annual walk today wasn't it,I did it a few years ago twas great craic.every true Tipp man/woman should walk up Slievenmon at least once in there life time.
    It's like mecca;)

That might explain it.

I failed to find the entry into the Celtic underworld.
    The only likely entrance turned out to be the old Suir Nore relays building:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Just heard on the grapevine that Iceland is opening a store in Clonmel, any one hear anything about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Just heard on the grapevine that Iceland is opening a store in Clonmel, any one hear anything about this ?

From Tipp Fm:
    Iceland target Clonmel for new store
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2011
    Clonmel is one of the centres earmarked for an expansion of the Iceland discount food stores in Ireland.
    The Dublin based AIM retail group hope to have 40 Iceland stores across the country by 2014, creating around 1,000 jobs.
    As well as identifying a location in Clonmel there are also plans for Waterford, Cork, Carlow and Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Is that about a shop,or the December weather forecast?;-):D

ciano1 wrote: »
    Im not sure.. I passed it Thursday night at about half 9 and it was closed
    Its closing this Friday,I dont go there anymore,but sad to see a business close up.

On the subject of new openings, rumour has it that Supermac's are opening in the old GBM renault garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

cml387 wrote: »
    On the subject of new openings, rumour has it that Supermac's are opening in the old GBM renault garage.

I can confirm that this is true :|

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hey all,

was just wondering what anybody could tell me about the huntball that goes on each year?

My son is looking to go this year, and I know nothing about it, so any info much appreciated! Ie..how much? Dress code? Where to get tickets? Ticket cost? Ask a date or go with friends? Non-alcohol?

Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know what was with all of the Guards scattered all around Clonmel today. Garda Car parked just outside AIB at O'Connell Street had its lights on the whole time, and I counted at least 20 guards on foot around the town :/

AIB probably got caught robbing people again;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone know what was with all of the Guards scattered all around Clonmel today. Garda Car parked just outside AIB at O'Connell Street had its lights on the whole time, and I counted at least 20 guards on foot around the town :/

Maybe Bob and Swilliam robbed the bank.

Hey all,

was just wondering what anybody could tell me about the huntball that goes on each year?

My son is looking to go this year, and I know nothing about it, so any info much appreciated! Ie..how much? Dress code? Where to get tickets? Ticket cost? Ask a date or go with friends? Non-alcohol?

Thanks for any help

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone?

I remember it from years ago but never went and I don't know if it still even happens.

However if your son knows nothing about it and none of his friends know anything about it why does he even want to go?

Luigi's takeaway at the show grounds has changed its name.I wonder is it just the name,or maybe new owners?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Kate Ryan's pub has closed. Current ownership getting involved with Phoenix Bar I hear. Ryan's will be opened up again I reckon.

touts wrote: »
    I remember it from years ago but never went and I don't know if it still even happens.

However if your son knows nothing about it and none of his friends know anything about it why does he even want to go?

I see where your coming from, and my son has told me bits about it. But i wanted to hear from someone else other than my son, who is prone to exagerating when he wants to go somewhere!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DT100 wrote: »
    Luigi's takeaway at the show grounds has changed its name.I wonder is it just the name,or maybe new owners?.

Just the name, same owners I've heard. Luigi's got such a bad reputation so soon that the think changing the name will help improve it, when they should be improving the management and staff skills first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I see where your coming from, and my son has told me bits about it. But i wanted to hear from someone else other than my son, who is prone to exagerating when he wants to go somewhere!

It used to be just an excuse for an underage piss-up many moons ago not sure if things have changed or not to be honest

• Advertisement

Kate Ryan's pub has closed. Current ownership getting involved with Phoenix Bar I hear. Ryan's will be opened up again I reckon.
    Surprised that Kate's has closed.Where will all the Chelsea fans go to watch the games now;)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Just the name, same owners I've heard. Luigi's got such a bad reputation so soon that the think changing the name will help improve it, when they should be improving the management and staff skills first.
    True.my first experience of the food in there was a bad one,a change of name won't be bringing my custom back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

According to TippFm News : Iceland will open the Clonmel store in the Showgrounds SC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

According to TippFm News : Iceland will open the Clonmel store in the Showgrounds SC

http://www.tippfm.com/site/news/iceland-confirmed-for-the-showground-shopping-centre-in-clonmel/

8000 sq foot unit in the showgrounds. Is there one that large not occupied?

Surprised that Kate's has closed.Where will all the Chelsea fans go to watch the games now;)

Spat with the owners and rent.

Good question: the fans should walk off a cliff to watch it. ;) (joke, joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

alexmcred wrote: »
    It used to be just an excuse for an underage piss-up many moons ago not sure if things have changed or not to be honest

I know a few lads that went last year. It's just an excuse to get dressed up and go to a dinner-disco, and get the shift ;) . Ya can't be denying your son the shift, can you? :pac:

I think Kate's is open again.

I think Kate's is open again.

I understand the rent negotiations led to a mutually agreeable outcome.

I'm not sure cml, I think the renter's gone to the Phoenix Bar?

I think the actual owners are in charge now and it's back open.

• Advertisement

Yeah,I heard the actual owners are running the place now aswel.

Advertisement