Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

thanks for that very detailed answer. Where ya from yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭chooseusername

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Expunge

https://tippfm.com/news/housing/ambrose-not-everyone-clonmel-opposed-plans-house-ukrainian-families/

Cllr Ambrose believes there's not that much opposition to the new modular homes, just below Ethnic Disney Land.

“I wouldn’t say there is a lot of opposition to it – I would say there are certain individuals who are exceptionally vocal. Some in a particularly nasty way. I just would hasten caution with respect to the level of ‘everybody’s against them.’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Are the modular homed definitely for just Ukrainians?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think they are BUT the Ukraine's will mostly likely be leaving soon and guess where these modular houses will be going….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ceepo

But are these modular homes for fleeing Ukrainian familys.?

Isn't some of the objections being raised about the "unvetted male's"

Good questions. I don't know.

Cllr Ambrose seems to be suggesting they are for Ukrainian families only. Don't know if this is the case.

Some residents around there seem to be happy that the so-called "unvetted males" might put some manners on the lads further up the hill, from what I hear.

Also, there'll be security there for a change. At least during the construction phase - something they're not used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,603 ✭✭✭✭klose

There was security there last night and put one lad in hospital and gave the other lad a beating too, banged up their cars too. the travellers won’t stop IMO.

Are you saying it was the security that put some one in hospital and banged up a car, or the traveller done the beating?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,603 ✭✭✭✭klose

One of the security lads got put in hospital by who I assume was a traveller. Search Clonmel on twitter/X and filter by latest there’s some lad giving updates every once in a while and he said as much. Was driving home last night down that road from work and saw the two cars that were fairly badly damaged .

• Advertisement

Feck sake. That's very bad. I'm sure that security guard is only trying to do his job,

It doesn't suprise me that it happen, I hope they had cctv and can find the culprits and are prosecuted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

A friend of mine saw a video and it looks like things could get very nasty. Ironic that people who are doing a job are getting hospitalised by someone who statistically is unlikely to be working, possibly claiming disability

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

six one news from Clonmel today . Anybody watching what’s it about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I don't think its wrong to be concerned with immigration, what's happening is not sustainable and needs to be seriously and properly discussed, but the majority of the "protesting" going on above at that site is nothing more than scumbags **** stirring, you can see and hear it from who's involved in the videos.

Yeah I can't see myself ever protesting against immigration or the accommodation of asylum seekers but part of me still wonders if the numbers coming in now are the thin end of the wedge

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭BagofWeed

Funny how the Gardaí turn a blind eye to this carry on.

The nomadic people living up there really, really don't want that field disturbed!

I noticed that the people on twitter/X have no understanding of the nuance of this particular site.

It's either "well done to the patriots" or "fascist scum". No mention of the other factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

The ethnically diverse family living between this site and the Rugby club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

There’s nearly 400 homeless people in Tipperary & County Council are stone useless, nothing being built, no real solutions coming.

Put they can throw up these Modular home’s out of the blue, cut down old historical trees all with no planning permission for Ukraine Familys….
    While threatening Sean Meehan with Jail for doing the same thing.

That’s what’s got people pissed

All anyone had to do was start a rumour that there was a fairy fort in the field and nobody would touch it. Motorways have been diverted for fairy trees in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭BagofWeed

The big lie perpetrated by folks that it's the Travellers causing the issues there. Blame an 'other', point the finger is the default Clonmel way. The mask has slipped and it's cover up time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Enlighten us- if it is not the travellers causing the problems, then who is ?

Also, with all the sh**e dumped outside the halting site, are you suggesting that the people of the town are going up there and dumping stuff and then blaming travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The modular homes has NOTHING to do with the Council - they dont own the site, planning permission was not needed and the housing of Ukranians( or asylum seekers for that matter) is done by IPAS, not the Council.

The Sean Meehan situation related to someone putting wooden cladding around a mobile home without planning permission. Should everyone be allowed to build anything they want, wherever they want without planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

I no all that.

The point I’m making is Irish people are expected to follow the rules, While organisations seem to be able to do whatever they want with our tax money and not follow the rules.

Do you think it’s fair to ram through modular houses for Refugees while Irish familys are homeless and in Dire situations?

I really don't understand this. Of course there are protests there but there is also a specific issue with that halting site and the activities that are known to go on there.

Ask the officers of the Rugby club about the the behaviour of the "other". Ask the people living the opposite side of the road from "the other".

They have a fair bit to say on the subject. That's not to say their thrilled about these modular homes. They're not the ones out there protesting about them.

Also, assaulting security guards is a pretty big escalation we have not seen to date.

Why here? Why now?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Woodcutting

The point is the rules are different for them than the Irish, so they are following the rules as the rules are. The man in New Inn is under different rules, planning rules with local council in his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Woodcutting

There was a sign saying if it went ahead there would be trouble. Whoever put up the sign probably caused the trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭touts

Consider this. There is a big unofficial halting site going in on the Coleville road and no protests from the "concerned citizens". It's just in Co. Waterford and is behind some cottages down there. You can't see it from the road but you can from the road on the hill. A traveller family bought a few acres, tarmaced it and have moved in several mobile homes and sheds etc. Apparently it's for some of their friends/relatives who have to leave the UK and US as they are no longer welcome there. No planning permission or anything like that. Interesting to contrast the reaction to two very similar developments a very short distance apart. Based on what I've heard about the lads moving into the halting site I think I would prefer to live beside 400 Ukrainian families. Apparently they make the current crowd up by the rugby club look like Del Boy.

Advertisement