Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

So 82 modular homes to be built on HSE land on Heywood road down from halting site it's being reported. Any truth in this? Can't see locals being too happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have spoken to two of the people running for election about this. Lots of different sites have been looked at, absolutely no indication that it will be going ahead on Heywood Road. Planning application will have to be posted and I'd imagine a whole lot of objections. It would be for Ukranian refugees if it did go ahead. It's asking for trouble having it anywhere near the halting site tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

They'll have more to fear from the settled people than the Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Buttermarket closed, tables/chairs gone, clearly not a temporary move. Shame, food was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bmc58

Lot of Gardai around Wolfe Tone St this morrning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Random question but can anyone remember when McDonald's opened in Gladstone St? My children are finding it hard to believe we grew up without it, I think it was mid to late 90s anyway? It was definitely there in 1999 when I got a car and became a more frequent visitor

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lightscribe

I think Burgerland closed in 1997 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭cml387

Planning was granted in July 1997 so around then alright. Funny, I would have said earlier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

No planning required as they're exempt. Some consultant will happen but it's a fait accompli to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

The path of least resistant from locals would be for them to put the units at the end of the hill with a separate entrance off the bypass and not on the road on the way up to the rugby club. A few weeks ago the units were mooted for the Ballengarrane area, now that field, might change, might not.

The threatening sign they erected overnight would indicate otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

whereas the Irish homeless continue to plague the streets this pm. Another ambulance in o Connell street dealing with an over dose whilst the aggressive begging goes on unperturbed by anyone. Meanwhile the biggest drug dealers in the town are erecting signs telling people they are not welcome. What a fcuked up society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Acme Blinds are moving to Cashel - the town centre is becoming a ghost town only good for beggars and druggies

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

My favourite spot for a solo lunch. That's very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

clonmel getting like Tipp town if not carefull the only places to eat will be takeaways .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Jesus Christ imagine escaping war torn Ukraine only to end up living next to the worst set of travelers in the town…honestly they'd probably have more peace if they stayed put.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Having lived near there for a while it’s very much a case of they don’t sh!t where they sleep in my experience so far, obviously I’d rather the place to be nuked cause it’s such a stain on the town. They put up the first sign saying there would be trouble if it goes ahead, they run their horses and drugs from that field so if they go ahead building the units there they will have never ending grief off them.

They absolutely do **** where they eat, we've had plenty of grief off the kids and their 'customers'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On the whole halting site issue it always puzzled me why so many bought houses next door to the site throughout the celtic tiger era & beyond. The agents selling them must have had a right laugh back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Any picture of that sign that’s gone up ?

Plus the 'no unvetted' 'ireland is full' etc etc bull$hit the Irish 'Freedom' Party put up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Wait until you meet the lads moving back from the UK & US and building the huge illegal halting site down the Coleville Road towards Ferryhouse. Makes the lads on the Cashel road look like Del-boy and Rodney by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Where on the Coleville rd is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Woodcutting

A report in the Nationalist of 26 July 1997 said before the end of the year. That paper had advertisements for managers and trainees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

About 3/4rds of the way along. You are into Co. Waterford. There are a few old cottages etc built there. Some of them may have had settled travellers already. Apparently they bought a house near the old cottages with about 10 or 15 acres of land. They have now tarmaced a huge portion of land and moved in mobile homes and sheds etc. No planning but the Tipperary council are powerless to stop it as it is in Waterford County and Waterford council don't care as long as it isn't near Waterford city. You can't see it from the Coleville Road but access is from that road. You can see it from the road on the hill. Apparently there are some family members who have to leave the UK and US and are moving back to Ireland. By all accounts they are serious lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

This is not the first time Waterford County Council have done this. Ask the people living in Russelstown about some of their neighbours.

They send the problems as far away from Dungarvan and Waterford as possible. A disgrace that this can be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bmc58

Did Waterford Co Council connect the site to electricity,water,sewage?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Woodcutting

How do the council 'send' the problems away from Waterford and Dungarvan,?. The council didn't send them there did they? What happened in Russelstown, did the council send people there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

How come no one is actioning any committee or community groups to tackle the issues. A lot of complaining or commenting on that Facebook group.

I don't mean extremist, just groups to actively stop our town from being destroyed further. Everyone seems to complain but no one is interested in actually trying to do something like lobbying yhe council, or joining/creating a committee and actually putting together good actionable points to make improvements.

Advertisement