Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No rumours of refugee accommodation please. Places mysteriously burn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Not a rumour anymore. Post from Mattie McGrath.

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥, 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐥

Following a number of enquiries to my office over the past few weeks in relation to Hearns Hotel I had sought clarification from the Department as to whether or not they had engagement with the property owners or had plans for the building.

On Monday Morning 19th Feb, I received verbal confirmation from the Community Engagement Team within the Department of Integration that Hearns Hotel has been offered to the Department for accommodation for either Ukranians or International Protection Applicants and that it is in the early stages of the process.

I sought confirmation in writing and this morning (Tue 20th) I received the following response:

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 (𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘗𝘴) 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘢.

𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘗𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘐𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴.

𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘗𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴 (𝘐𝘗𝘈𝘚) 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.

𝘈͟𝘭͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘨͟𝘩͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘪͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘳͟𝘰͟𝘱͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘵͟𝘺͟ ͟𝘩͟𝘢͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘣͟𝘦͟𝘦͟𝘯͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘧͟𝘧͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘰͟ ͟𝘩͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘴͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘦͟𝘪͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘦͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘦͟𝘰͟𝘱͟𝘭͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘧͟𝘭͟𝘦͟𝘦͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘨͟ ͟𝘜͟𝘬͟𝘳͟𝘢͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘐͟𝘯͟𝘵͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘯͟𝘢͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟𝘢͟𝘭͟ ͟𝘗͟𝘳͟𝘰͟𝘵͟𝘦͟𝘤͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘱͟𝘱͟𝘭͟𝘪͟𝘤͟𝘢͟𝘯͟𝘵͟𝘴͟,͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘯͟𝘰͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘯͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘤͟𝘪͟𝘱͟𝘢͟𝘵͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘰͟ ͟𝘣͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘦͟𝘹͟𝘢͟𝘮͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘧͟𝘰͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘶͟𝘴͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘰͟ ͟𝘩͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘴͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘉͟𝘖͟𝘛͟𝘗͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘧͟𝘰͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘳͟𝘦͟𝘢͟𝘴͟𝘰͟𝘯͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘵͟𝘭͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘣͟𝘰͟𝘷͟𝘦͟.͟ ͟

𝘍͟𝘶͟𝘳͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘮͟𝘰͟𝘳͟𝘦͟,͟ ͟𝘯͟𝘰͟ ͟𝘥͟𝘦͟𝘵͟𝘢͟𝘪͟𝘭͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘴͟𝘴͟𝘦͟𝘴͟𝘴͟𝘮͟𝘦͟𝘯͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘦͟𝘹͟𝘢͟𝘮͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘢͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘧͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘪͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘳͟𝘰͟𝘱͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘵͟𝘺͟ ͟𝘩͟𝘢͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘣͟𝘦͟𝘦͟𝘯͟ ͟𝘤͟𝘢͟𝘳͟𝘳͟𝘪͟𝘦͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘣͟𝘺͟ ͟𝘐͟𝘗͟𝘈͟𝘚͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘪͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘮͟𝘦͟,͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘯͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘴͟𝘶͟𝘤͟𝘩͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘯͟𝘰͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘰͟𝘴͟𝘴͟𝘪͟𝘣͟𝘭͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘰͟ ͟𝘴͟𝘢͟𝘺͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘧͟ ͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘳͟𝘰͟𝘱͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘵͟𝘺͟ ͟𝘸͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘭͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘣͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘴͟𝘶͟𝘪͟𝘵͟𝘢͟𝘣͟𝘭͟𝘦͟ ͟𝘧͟𝘰͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘵͟𝘦͟𝘳͟𝘯͟𝘢͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟𝘢͟𝘭͟ ͟𝘱͟𝘳͟𝘰͟𝘵͟𝘦͟𝘤͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘱͟𝘱͟𝘭͟𝘪͟𝘤͟𝘢͟𝘯͟𝘵͟𝘴͟ ͟𝘸͟𝘪͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘰͟𝘶͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘧͟𝘶͟𝘳͟𝘵͟𝘩͟𝘦͟𝘳͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘴͟𝘴͟𝘦͟𝘴͟𝘴͟𝘮͟𝘦͟𝘯͟𝘵͟ ͟𝘢͟𝘯͟𝘥͟ ͟𝘪͟𝘯͟𝘧͟𝘰͟𝘳͟𝘮͟𝘢͟𝘵͟𝘪͟𝘰͟𝘯͟.͟

𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴.

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘌𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘮

The Property is in the early stages of the consideration process having been offered to the Department. I have sought further information and clarification from the Department of Integration and Community Engagement Team and have sought a meeting to discuss the matter with Minister O'Brien.

I will provide further updates as soon as I receive same but the property is currently operating business as usual at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ffs **** sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

Some good inward investment for the town, nothing better than bringing some life back to a dying town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Hearns Hotel Facebook page has a statement refuting those claims and saying it's business as usual.

Not sure which of them I believe myself but people can make up their own minds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

I assume the money received is rather good for putting up migrants in these situations? Makes sense Hearns was bought recently and the new owner might see it as a steady cash flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭decies

Big changes apparently come up in the rag trade in Clonmel and Cashel with both owners of Clinton’s in Clonmel and Daverns in Cashel retiring .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Agreed. I can see why the business decisioon is taken.

I cant get my head around the fact we have war in Europe and many many people seem anti migration. Another days topic I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

Clonmel Online has a new website: https://clonmelonline.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Is Moroney’s shoes closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They updated their Facebook page mentioning Spring/Summer last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Planning permission for the ex Butlers Bar site in Irishtown now demolished. Specifically retention of the demolition (!)

It's worth looking up the details because there is an engineer's report into the state of the building when refurbishments began and consequently their stated reason for the demolition of the whole site.

One might wonder why they didn't apply for permission for demolition beforehand.

Plans seem to be a rebuild as bar and B and B as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Planning notice up for market place?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

Yes for change of use to offices with modifications to include second floors along with car parking etc. Looking forward to seeing the plans when they go online.

Hopefully it'll go ahead, we'll have all the usual suspects claiming they were instrumental in getting this across the line, coincidentally just ahead of the local elections!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Also the additional 60 car park spaces. They're also add extension to existing block 1 and 2, I'm not sure where block 1 and 2 are, hopefully it gets the green light,

I'm not convinced that, that much office space is actually needed though.

Post edited by Ceepo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

The office spaces may be for one of those "remote working hub" type places that are cropping up around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see the developers doing something with the area,

And to your point about the remote hubs I know there is one already on Dr Croke street. Now maybe there is a need for more office space in town, I'm not convinced there a need for that amount if the whole area are turned in office space, but as I said already I'm not sure what block 1 and 2 are exactly, they were formally C1 - C6, D1 - D5. Attached is the planning notice maybe someone knows. I not sure where the planned carpark will be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stupid fact Woodies opened just over twenty years ago.

I remember loving the place when I was eleven and then Tubs & Tiles opened and I could go on and turn in the Jacuzzi's.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Advertisement

Some people are under the impression that "the Poppyfields" centre destroyed an ancient habitat.

In fact the poppies only grow on disturbed ground, in this case the spoil from the bypass. They would have disappeared as the ground firmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

That will make it 3 remote working spaces, Dr Croke Place, Regus opening one in the Ormonde Centre later this year as well

As mentioned elsewhere, be plenty of videos claiming credit on FB soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Considering the office units that were built by the new Lidl are still vacant I can’t say there’s much demand for office space at the moment, still at least a bit of a revamp to market place is a very much welcome thing.

Anybody lose a guitar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

We need competition. The Republic of Work one that opened recently is ridiculously expensive and offers little or none of the services you get in their Cork office. A bit of competition would up the offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

fair point - work around the corner from Republic of Work and you would hardly know the place was there - saw the prices and like you say, seems to be little in the way of events etc compared to the Cork one

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

I see Fennessy's hotel is for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

O'Gorman's café has reopened as Bike Café:

https://clonmelonline.com/2024/04/the-bike-cafe-grand-opening-on-friday-april-5th-2024/?fbclid=IwAR0nazVo1KGGJ3vSdw9SP5eLLa6EMyNRPgnMk82jeGdcXEb5u0cyr6XKBMs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭decies

bit of history gone in Clonmel family retiring . Daverns menswear cashel owner supposed to be retiring as well we will see what happens there .

Advertisement