Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭pummice

He's back !!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pummice wrote: »
    He's back !!

Yep you know the economy is booming when he's back shilling.

Won't be long before there'll be another Shepard Pie to hear about. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

pummice wrote: »
    He's back !!

He's been back for a while now. He was up on the ring road for the last few years. Handy service if its as advertised but a huge risk for both parties if it goes wrong..

Loughc wrote: »

Shepherds pie is off the menu, replaced by humble pie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Shepherds pie is off the menu, replaced by humble pie.

He wouldn't know humble if it bit him on the a$$e :confused: rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

Expunge wrote: »
    Have you seen the new Global Headquarters of Pay As You Go Auto in Irishtown?

So that's what's going on. I saw a big sofa in the window, and a car behind it, and thought wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

Loughc wrote: »

I'm totally out of the loop here lads who is he?

klose wrote: »
    I'm totally out of the loop here lads who is he?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/analysis/eating-humble-pie-174203.html

He typified the Celtic Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Spicy bites chipper has a mizzonis pizza sign over it now, no change inside yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

See the towns favourite family are involved in a case against Supermac himself..

52 2017/00422 Sharon Higgins , Paul Higgins , Peter Higgins , Susie Higgins , Patrick Higgins And Noel Higgins - V - Pat McDonagh And Supermac's Ireland Limited : Lavelle, / Keating Connolly Sellors,

http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/0/D5D600D56504DC3980258462005375F2?OpenDocument

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Are they the franchisees? The franchisee of Supermacs on the Ennis road in Limerick recently ended their franchise, it's now called Hungry Lyons

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

See the towns favourite family are involved in a case against Supermac himself..

52 2017/00422 Sharon Higgins , Paul Higgins , Peter Higgins , Susie Higgins , Patrick Higgins And Noel Higgins - V - Pat McDonagh And Supermac's Ireland Limited : Lavelle, / Keating Connolly Sellors,

http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/0/D5D600D56504DC3980258462005375F2?OpenDocument

What's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Any idea what's it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Didn't Higgins own all that land that Tesco and Supermacs were built on before it was sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

tippspur wrote: »
    Didn't Higgins own all that land that Tesco and Supermacs were built on before it was sold?

Supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anyone no anything about or ever try that pizza van that's sometimes down outside the clonmel arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Anyone no anything about or ever try that pizza van that's sometimes down outside the clonmel arms?

it's supposed to be top class

Savage pizza on Facebook, heard its nice.

An Bord Pleanala has overturned permission granted for a housing development in South Tipp.
    Rockspring Developments Ltd was granted planning permission last April for a housing scheme on Thomas Street in Clonmel.
    Their proposals for 35 houses on the former Eircom site drew a number of submissions to Tipperary County Council.

The local authority’s decision to approve the development on the near 1.7 hectare site was subsequently appealed to An Bord Pleanala.
    The state planning appeals board inspector recommended that permission should be refused for the project citing the low density of the development as the main reason.
    An Bord Pleanala has decided to go with this recommendation and refused permission for the houses at Thomas Street, overturning Tipperary County Council’s decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I’m surprised they want higher density on that site the access to Thomas street by the high school is awful. Parking should only be allowed on one side of the street. If a bus or large vehicle try’s to come up along there it can’t get past if people are stopped at the traffic lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

OMG that is just ridiculous. There are people sleeping on the streets (ok, not so many here in Clonmel) and there are young people trying to get on the property ladder - we need housing now. IMO outrageous decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

OMG that is just ridiculous. There are people sleeping on the streets (ok, not so many here in Clonmel) and there are young people trying to get on the property ladder - we need housing now. IMO outrageous decision.

It’s really not. There’s no point in firing up housing without proper planning regulations. A lot like the houses by the railway bridge they didn’t follow proper planning regulations so building was halted.

I don’t think the planning regulation of “having more density” is going to affect the quality of the housing - I’m not sure why they were stopped at the railway station but unless its due to poor workmanship or bad health and safety - they need to get their act together and start building. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I don’t think the planning regulation of “having more density” is going to affect the quality of the housing - I’m not sure why they were stopped at the railway station but unless its due to poor workmanship or bad health and safety - they need to get their act together and start building. IMO

Whatever the reason I’m delighted and would be quite happy if they never got built, 42 houses in that small field is crazy...the traffic at that roundabout is busy enough without adding the cars from 42 houses onto it!!

I can understand your concerns re traffic etc, but perhaps if they lowered the number of properties and made the access from Cashel Road - would that be more appropriate? I just want houses built - doesn't concern me at this stage of my life but whatabout the young people - they won't stay in our towns if they have no-where to live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This is not a pleasant environment for high density housing ( large fuel depot beside it and very tired commercial units across the road ) better to make it low density.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

The new restaurant that opened where the old Galileo used to be has closed it seems, after a very short lifespan

cml387 wrote: »
    The new restaurant that opened where the old Galileo used to be has closed it seems, after a very short lifespan

Second restaurant to open there since the old galileo was there and both really struggled.

• Advertisement

Matty Boyle curtains Parnell street is having a closing down sale..

Advertisement