Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Pollards will also cut stuff to length (within reason) and will also do special measurements (e.g. 2 1/2 X 2 or 3X2) if you ask nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Chadwicks for the sheets of ply. They would have the 4 by 2 as well and so would Pollards sawmills.

Thanks Kobe White Molar. I had thought of Chadwick's but not Pollard's. Any idea who would be cheaper? I'm pretty tired of how expensive everything in Ireland is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

r3nu4l wrote:
    Thanks Amstel. I had thought of Chadwick's but not Pollard's. Any idea who would be cheaper? I'm pretty tired of how expensive everything in Ireland is

Sorry I wouldn't know the prices. If you're on Facebook you can message Pollards for a price on what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Anyone hear of a new chipper opening in the old bridge area?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone know what's going in where uncle Mike's used to be? I see theres a bit of work going on in there.
    Jesus I'd love for him to be re-opening again used to love it there was a brilliant shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭cml387

Planning news

1. The owners (ANM) of the garage at the Cashel road intend to demolish the garage and existing shop and build a new garage/shop in its place.
    Unsurprisingly the roads authority TII are objecting, I would imagine due to the proximity to the roundabout.

2. There is a planning application to build a Muslim community and worship centre in Irishtown across from St Mary's church, developing a large site between Irishtown and Albert St.
    This has the protestors out in force, on the basis of increased traffic in a pretty restricted bottleneck. There is even a petition submitted. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

on the Cashel road service station, the decision is due at end of month, is it possible to know at this stage that there is already an objection?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

on the Cashel road service station, the decision is due at end of month, is it possible to know at this stage that there is already an objection?

Yes, all available online.

Documents also available in the "View Scanned Files" Button.

Select JPEG option when opening files.

http://www.eplanning.ie/TipperaryCC/AppFileRefDetails/19600627/0

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Yes, all available online.

Documents also available in the "View Scanned Files" Button.

Select JPEG option when opening files.

http://www.eplanning.ie/TipperaryCC/AppFileRefDetails/19600627/0

Thanks. Which one details this objection?

Thanks. Which one details this objection?

If you click on the link for scanned files, look for the one marked "submission".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Planning application granted for Clonmel Arms Hotel redevelopment. Great news for Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

Maymack wrote: »
    Planning application granted for Clonmel Arms Hotel redevelopment. Great news for Clonmel

I'm sure it will have plenty of objections!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

No objections, its approved for a 114 bedroom hotel. About time, its been a dreadful eyesore / drug den for years.

I had great craic at that hotel in years gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

No objections, its approved for a 114 bedroom hotel. About time, its been a dreadful eyesore / drug den for years.

I had great craic at that hotel in years gone by.

Hopefully but the anti-developmemt group An Taisce still have about 3 weeks to object. It's a badly needed development in rural Ireland so you can bet these armchair enviro-fundamentalists will be outraged.

What’s the story with the water supply being cut off again in Clonmel especially on the Ard Gaoithe hill estates. Pure disaster of a Sunday night into Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I seen a planning application in the Nationalist this week for a new restaurant in Parnell street in the old booking office, does Parnell st really need another restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

tippspur wrote: »
    I seen a planning application in the Nationalist this week for a new restaurant in Parnell street in the old booking office, does Parnell st really need another restaurant?

I think thats the owners of Subway extending into next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Heard it was Mani opening another restaurant come take away

tippspur wrote: »

Why not? More choice more jobs and more life. Everyone laments when a place closes. Good news to see something new opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Anyone no of any big oak trees around the clonmel area?

Looking to take some photographs for a project.

• Advertisement

Anyone no of any big oak trees around the clonmel area?

Looking to take some photographs for a project.

Big oaks down round Marlfield lake I think.

You could try and driveway of Knocklofty House - Oak trees there I think

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

If you know a guy with the initials "JL" who lost their AIB cash card, ask them to contact the O'Connell Street branch. I found the card outside the showgrounds mall today and gave it to that branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Qreq wrote: »
    If you know a guy with the initials "JL" who lost their AIB cash card, ask them to contact the O'Connell Street branch. I found the card outside the showgrounds mall today and gave it to that branch.

That's Jaime Lanister...He's under a pile of rubble in Kings Landing so he won't be needing it anymore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Clonmel Arms Hotel development has received full planning permission so it's all systems go. Great news for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

They should name and shame them but we all know they are members for our indigenous community

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

There's a site notice on the former Subway and Virtual Reality place at 36 and 37 Parnell Street saying there'll be a change of use from a betting shop to a cafe/restaurant. The two units will be made into one unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Yep, the former Subway will now be a pizza/burger/ribs restaurant.
    It is going to be run by the owners of Mani

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Expunge

Have you seen the new Global Headquarters of Pay As You Go Auto in Irishtown?

https://www.payasyougoauto.ie/

"Hardcore debt or Mortgage arrears will not stop any applicant"

https://youtu.be/icp-4Q015JI

Advertisement