Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

KWS closed on the bypass - services moved to their Kilkenny store.

I was just in the Showgrounds this morning as well and lots of closed Units there - its a real shame to see businesses closing/moving - the place was like a ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

i believe there will be construction work on the units in the showgrounds, e.g knocking two units into one for larger units - giving more support for the idea I posted earlier that they are attracting in more high street brands

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

On another note, I heard strong rumours that we may see the Post House back open in the near future and as a pub..

I thought the dentist next door bought it with his brother and was going to open it as a dentist surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought the dentist next door bought it with his brother and was going to open it as a dentist surgery?

I heard that too, but heard differently in the last week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

KWS closed on the bypass - services moved to their Kilkenny store.

I was just in the Showgrounds this morning as well and lots of closed Units there - its a real shame to see businesses closing/moving - the place was like a ghost town

Let us know when you have some good news. For instance a new Sofa Centre opened the other day next door to Sean O'Donoghue Ltd. Motor Parts in Carrigeen.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'll post what I like. If you don't like it put me on ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

Can anyone help? Hotel booked for Thurs 2nd April with intention of going to Damo's gig in Bakers Bar but left it too late to get the tickets. Any spares?

I'll post what I like. If you don't like it put me on ignore

Debate and discussion are good especially when it is positive!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Can anyone help? Hotel booked for Thurs 2nd April with intention of going to Damo's gig in Bakers Bar but left it too late to get the tickets. Any spares?

Call into Hearts Hotel and see if they can sort ya out.

Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Loughc wrote: »

Supposed to have been the brother of the guy next door that bought it and the origanal plan was to turn it into a chemist/medical centre. Hard to know whats true be great to see it back as a pub. Clonmel needs another late night bar to take on O'Keeffes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Supposed to have been the brother of the guy next door that bought it and the origanal plan was to turn it into a chemist/medical centre. Hard to know whats true be great to see it back as a pub. Clonmel needs another late night bar to take on O'Keeffes.

I do know the guy next door tried suing the Post House for Noise Pollution several times so if it is his brother who bought it I can't see his brother re-opening it as a pub unless they really hate each other.

Got sorted by Hearns- Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Was in Pearls over the weekend....great food and the place was heaving at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Hi anyone know of person doing grinds for Business Studies in Clonmel town area for a 1 st yr student...(i have tryed papers/schools etc already)at the moment just for the next 5 weeks coming up to summer exams.Thank you.

Have any of ye been down the Denis Burk park since it was done up? I was thinking of taking Mrs Looby for a stroll,well we wouldn't walk all the way there...Would there be some where we could lock the bikes?
    Regards
    Pakie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

Have any of ye been down the Denis Burk park since it was done up? I was thinking of taking Mrs Looby for a stroll,well we wouldn't walk all the way there...Would there be some where we could lock the bikes?
    Regards
    Pakie

I have seen it across the river but haven't actually been there. Could you not wheel your bike into the park and keep it with you? I think there is now ramp access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

There is ramp access from both ends and the Raheen Road.
    There are railings around the playground in the middle and the scouts area towards the old Bridge end. There is also a handrail at the Old Bridge entrance iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bobster453

Anyone else noticed how crappy the films in the cinema have gone since they went IMC?
    Had to go to excel in tipp town tonight to see the Water Diviner..it was either there or dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Can anyone give directions to the, gravity, magnetic, optical illusion hill, whatever its called?

All I know is its overlooking Carrick-on-Suir and near Clonmel.
    If I was to leave Clonmel, on the Waterford road heading to kilsheenan, where to then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Gotya wrote: »
    Can anyone give directions to the, gravity, magnetic, optical illusion hill, whatever its called?

If I was to leave Clonmel, on the Waterford road heading to kilsheenan, where to then?[/QUOTE

I am assuming that you mean the hill near Mahon Falls ?.

Get to Rathgormack and from there ask for directions ( I could direct you but we would be here all night).

Viz

Vizzy wrote: »

If I was to leave Clonmel, on the Waterford road heading to kilsheenan, where to then?[/QUOTE

I am assuming that you mean the hill near Mahon Falls ?.

Get to Rathgormack and from there ask for directions ( I could direct you but we would be here all night).

Viz

Thought there was one around slievenamon?

Vizzy wrote: »

Thought there was one around slievenamon?

Not sure where I mean, that's why I'm asking directions :)

Going by wiki, there is one at mahon falls and slievenamon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Not sure where I mean, that's why I'm asking directions :)

Going by wiki, there is one at mahon falls and slievenamon?

Don't know about the one near Slievenamon,sorry.

Go to Mahon Bridge a tiny community, a few miles from Leamybrien on the Carrick Road, from there you will need local knowledge, it's just a spot on a rough road leading to the falls. Stick around on a nice Sunday like to today and I am sure you will meet others on the same mission, any other day of the week not so sure!

Xenophile wrote: »

Go to Mahon Bridge a tiny community, a few miles from Leamybrien on the Carrick Road, from there you will need local knowledge, it's just a spot on a rough road leading to the falls. Stick around on a nice Sunday like to today and I am sure you will meet others on the same mission, any other day of the week not so sure!

While you are there, continue up to the Falls themselves. Bring a picnic and you will have a really enjoyable time. A pair of binoculars would be a good idea too!

Take the Dungarvan Road from Carrick and follow the signs for Leamybrien. It's signposted from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Xenophile wrote: »

You'll pass over a cattle grid quite close to the parking area for mahon falls...its just before you pass over this grid. There is a small tree on the left. You must be facing with the back of the car towards mahon falls....you car will 'magically roll up hill'...if you leave it out of gear..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Someone posted about this a few pages back,this facility will be a huge loss during the summer for runners and walkers,pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Anybody know of someone who can do Business studies grinds in Clonmel (for weekends grinds)Thanks.

Advertisement