Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appalling comments by the ISPCA

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

nissan14 wrote: »
    that was expensive sorry my vet is 140 for a lab bitch

Its not, its average for Dublin. But as I look after my animals I wouldn't quibble over price, having my dog spayed is my responsibility, I'll pay whatever it takes. I won't go from charity to charity looking for the cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

nissan14 wrote: »
    The ispca are useless I took on a stray dog as a pup with the agreement that they get her spaded at six months I said I would make a donation (I was on social welfare)
    when the time came I rang them and I explained the situation to them. She told me on the phone that it would be 70 euro I asked could I pay that of weekly she said yes
    then the day came i rang and was told it was postponed till the next week I told them i would be out of the country visiting relations she then turned around a said in a nasty tone if ya can afford to go to England you can afford to pay it all up front 190 euro they wanted
    i rang a private vet and the quoted 160 so I rang about 10 more and they did not even come close to that
    i got my dog done in the end for 20 euro (twenty euro )
    Thanks to my local vet
    The ISPCA is a Waste of time !!
    look after your pets please :)

I see that your location is mayo, can I ask, did you go to the Longford centre to get your pup, or did you rehome it locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You got your dog done for twenty euro because another animal charity, Dogs Trust, picked up the tab for the balance of what was owed for the operation.

It sounds to me that the ISPCA did their best to facilitate you given your financial circumstances. They even gave you an animal without a donation by the sounds of it, which is not something I would do. And then they were going to get the animal neutered for you at a fraction of the normal price.

Lots of people donate to animal charities - mostly a small few bob when there's a street collection or a raffle. It doesn't mean the charity is obliged to offer any discount when you adopt an animal from them. If you don't cover the cost of the adoption, then someone else's donation has to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement