Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Reminds me of a recent episode of Difficult People (which everyone should be watching btw!) where they savaged Showtime for shows like Ray Donovan. :D

Why!?

it's bloody fantastic even though we know John Voight is the real star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A US version of Channel 4's Misfits has officially been greenlit and will be shown on Freeform.
    The people behind The O.C. and Gossip Girl are working on it.

https://voiceoftv.com/freeform-greenlights-misfits-uk-remake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mr E wrote:
    A US version of Channel 4's Misfits has officially been greenlit and will be shown on Freeform. The people behind The O.C. and Gossip Girl are working on it.

This has been on the cards for years. I really enjoyed the first two series but I don't think the writer had enough for more than that and it lost direction. Cast changes didn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

FunLover18 wrote: »
    This has been on the cards for years. I really enjoyed the first two series but I don't think the writer had enough for more than that and it lost direction. Cast changes didn't help.

Yeah, and it kinda felt at that point that maybe Robert Sheehan really had been carrying the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Yeah, and it kinda felt at that point that maybe Robert Sheehan really had been carrying the whole thing.

He absolutely was for me anyway, Gilgun was a good replacement but the writing went downhill. Series 2 actually has a perfect ending anyway, if you ignore the Christmas special. Interested to see how the yanks adapted it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we can only hope they learn from the mistakes that were made and make a cohesive series

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hadn't heard of Freeform before. Turns out it used to be ABC Family and their shows consist of things like Pretty Liile Liars and Switched at Birth. But liked The Middleman which they also showed. But it doesn't seem to be the type of channel you would see Misfits on.
    I wonder if Robert Sheehan will be part of it to try and enhance his career over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I thought Iwan Rheon was great in Misfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

'Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore' cancelled by Comedy Central

Last Chance U renewed for a second season by Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

This hardly puts the daily show on the warning list??

This hardly puts the daily show on the warning list??

I doubt it.

If Trevor Noah isn't working out ratings wise I would expect them just to replace him.

The Daily Show is Comedy Central's marquee show they won't give up on it to easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Or as Larry called it, the "un-blackening"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    A US version of Channel 4's Misfits has officially been greenlit and will be shown on Freeform.
    The people behind The O.C. and Gossip Girl are working on it.

https://voiceoftv.com/freeform-greenlights-misfits-uk-remake

The Inbetweeners and Skins remakes both failed so not much hope for this

On the flipside, US versions of Shameless and The Office were massive hits.

It's 50/50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Inbetweeners and Skins remakes both failed so not much hope for this

The Office and House of Cards flourished so I wouldn't discount it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Amazon have greenlit a Tom Clancys Jack Ryan series, with John Krasinski to star

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/amazon-jack-ryan-tv-series-john-krasinski-carlton-cuse-1201837916/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

don ramo wrote: »
    Amazon have greenlit a Tom Clancys Jack Ryan series, with John Krasinski to star

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/amazon-jack-ryan-tv-series-john-krasinski-carlton-cuse-1201837916/

That is some seriously left field casting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Marvel’s Runaways

Hulu Orders ‘Marvel’s Runaways’ Series From Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
    EXCLUSIVE: Hulu is getting into the Marvel business with an order to Runaways, a drama series based on the fan-favorite Marvel Comics books. It comes from Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage, Marvel Television and ABC Signature. The order is for a pilot plus additional scripts with an eye toward a full-season greenlight.

Created by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, the Runaways comics feature a group of teenagers who discover that their parents are part of an evil crime organization.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/hulu-marvels-runaways-series-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-marvel-comics-1201799746/

Anne of Green Gables

Netflix is bringing back pigtails.

The streaming giant is teaming up with Canada’s CBC on Anne, a new drama series based on Lucy Maud Montgomery’s 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables.
    Moira Walley-Beckett (Breaking Bad) will serve as writer and showrunner of the eight-episode first season, which finds 13-year-old Anne being sent to live with an elderly woman and her brother in 1890. Per our sister site Deadline, Anne will integrate new adventures into the beloved story, tackling issues of “identity, sexism, bullying, prejudice, and trusting one’s self.”
    Anne of Green Gables has spawned more than a dozen television and movie adaptations since its original release; Reign‘s Megan Follows starred as the titular orphan for the CBC in 1985.
    Filming is scheduled to begin in Ontario this September.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/22/anne-of-greene-gables-new-series-netflix/

Friends From College

Netflix has amassed a veritable sitcom dream team for its latest series.
    The streaming giant has handed an eight-episode order to Friends From College, a half-hour comedy starring — hold onto your hats! — How I Met Your Mother‘s Cobie Smulders, Key & Peele‘s Keegan-Michael Key, The Grinder‘s Fred Savage and Ben and Kate‘s Nat Faxon. Rounding out the insane ensemble is Annie Parisse (Person of Interest, The Following) and relative newcomer Jae Suh Park (The Mindy Project)

And the show’s pedigree’s nothing to sniff at either: The project hails from Nick Stoller (The Grinder, The Carmichael Show, as well as The Neighbors film franchise), who will exec produce and write the series with Francesca Delbanco. Stoller will also direct all eight episodes.
    Friends From College — which marks Smulders’ first significant TV gig since How I Met Your Mother ended two years ago — centers on a group of friends who went to Harvard together and are now facing down their forties and experiencing a range of success, or lack thereof, both professionally and domestically. With interwoven and oftentimes complicated relationships with one another, Netflix calls the series a “comedic exploration of old friendships, former romantic entanglements and balancing adult life with nostalgia for the past.”
    Production will begin this fall in New York

http://tvline.com/2016/08/22/friends-from-college-netflix-cobie-smulders-comedy-series/

Maniac

Netflix Lands Emma Stone, Jonah Hill & Cary Fukunaga
    Maniac, the hot Paramount TV/Anonymous Content half-hour series starring Emma Stone Fukunaga and Jonah Hill and directed by Cary Fukunaga, has found a home at Netflix. I have learned that the streaming service is finalizing a deal on a straight-to-series 10-episode order for the dark comedy project based on the 2014 Norwegian series about a guy who lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Fukunaga is expected to helm all episodes.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/maniac-emma-stone-jonah-hill-cary-fukunaga-series-netflix-paramount-tv-1201725490/

Martin Scorsese's The Departed is getting the TV show treatment, courtesy of Amazon.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-departed-amazon-warner-bros-tv-1201842455/

Private Eyes renewed for a 2nd season by Global with 18 episodes

The Ark

Noah’s Ark Gets Modern-Day Reboot from Robert Zemeckis and NBC
    NBC has bought The Ark, a high-concept drama spec from 20th Century Fox TV and Robert Zemeckis’ ImageMovers. The project, a grounded, modern retelling of the Noah’s Ark story from the Bible, was written by Black List scribe Daniel Kunka (12 Rounds). It centers on an engineer who, after the death of his wife, has a vision to construct a ship capable of sustaining life in space. When the build happens to coincide with the coming end of the world, the engineer realizes there may be a larger story at play.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/noahs-ark-drama-robert-zemeckis-nbc-1201809638/

Interesting idea. I hope it's not too heavy on religion.

Blood Defense

Legal Drama From Marcia Clark & Mandeville TV Lands At NBC
    In a competitive situation, a legal drama procedural based on the novel Blood Defense by author and former O.J. Simpson prosecutor Marcia Clark has landed at NBC with a put pilot commitment. Clark, whose name is back in the zeitgeist, fueled by the success of FX’s American Crime Story: The People vs. O.J. Simpson, will co-write the adaptation with writer-producers Elizabeth Craft & Sara Fain for ABC Studios and studio-based Mandeville TV.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/marcia-clark-blood-defense-mandeville-tv-nbc-as-put-pilot-1201809058/

• Advertisement

Advertisement