Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,378 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Single White Female could really work in this day and age with online stalking and catfishing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    NBC making TV version of Single White Female.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/single-white-female-reboot-nbc/

I have to admit when I saw Single White Female reboot I thought of Sex in the City rather than the SWF movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users Posts: 85,419 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fuller House Renewed for Season 3 by Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Didn't see it in last few pages but Defiance has been cancelled by SyFy citing its too expensive, gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Man in the High Castle has been renewed for a third season by Amazon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/799355-man-in-the-high-castle-season-3-greenlit-by-amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unfortunately, Girl Meets World has been cancelled with it's final episodes airing this month.

Never watched the original series, but it's on the to watch list. But I enjoyed GMW for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Didn't see it in last few pages but Defiance has been cancelled by SyFy citing its too expensive, gone either way.
    I think it was posted back when it was cancelled... in October 2015 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Terrific/Terrible news, depending on your point of view- Charmed Reboot http://tvline.com/2017/01/05/charmed-reboot-the-cw-original-cast-reacts-prequel/

Unless How Soon Is Now is the title track, i'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Terrific/Terrible news, depending on your point of view- Charmed Reboot http://tvline.com/2017/01/05/charmed-reboot-the-cw-original-cast-reacts-prequel/

Unless How Soon Is Now is the title track, i'm out.
    Terrible show. We only watched it for Alyssa Milano

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Supernatural, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Jane The Virgin & Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all renewed at The CW for next year... That's all the shows that have aired The CW so far this season, except for Frequency, No Tomorrow (the 2 newbies - no word on them yet, but that does not mean cancellation) and The Vampire Diaries (which is in its final season anyway).

http://renewcanceltv.com/cw-2017-18-renewals-arrow-flash-supernatural-jane-virgin/

Flarrowerse renewal does not come as a surprise and I'm very pleased that Supergirl is getting another season, the move to CW really was good for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I'm amazed Crazy Ex Girlfriend has been renewed. Terrible ratings, it must be the Netflix money keeping it afloat.

I'm amazed Crazy Ex Girlfriend has been renewed. Terrible ratings, it must be the Netflix money keeping it afloat.

It's doing great critically though, has a very loyal (if somewhat small) fanbase and is picking up a few awards (Jane The Virgin is the only other CW show that gets considered for awards, and awards are important to a network like The CW who have always been considered the runt of the litter). I'd imagine it does very well on Netflix as well - it's a really great show and once people give it a shot, it's hard not to love it.

The CW signed a huge deal with Netflix in the States so that indeed may be a reason it didn't get axed.

Supernatural, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Jane The Virgin & Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all renewed at The CW for next year... That's all the shows that have aired The CW so far this season, except for Frequency, No Tomorrow (the 2 newbies - no word on them yet, but that does not mean cancellation) and The Vampire Diaries (which is in its final season anyway).

http://renewcanceltv.com/cw-2017-18-renewals-arrow-flash-supernatural-jane-virgin/

No news on The Originals?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No news on The Originals?

Well it hasn't aired yet, so not surprising that they've not said anything about it. Same goes for iZombie & The 100. All 3 are pretty safe bets to be coming back though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Happy for the 4 DC Verse shows and 'Supernatural' (13!!) but I expected them. What I am really happy for is 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' because I wasn't sure if it would happen given what I heard about the ratings (although a Golden Globe nomination for tonight does help).

My friends and I are really enjoying CEG. Yep my friends. I have friends, I definitely have friends. No one can say that I do not have friends.
    I have friends, I definitely have friends, friends, friends, friendly friends, time to meet my friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

It's doing great critically though, has a very loyal (if somewhat small) fanbase and is picking up a few awards (Jane The Virgin is the only other CW show that gets considered for awards, and awards are important to a network like The CW who have always been considered the runt of the litter). I'd imagine it does very well on Netflix as well - it's a really great show and once people give it a shot, it's hard not to love it.

I do like it myself. It's made by very clever people as they realised that the "will they/won't they love triangle" could not be strung out any further.

• Advertisement

Showtime has given series orders to The Chi and White Famous and renewed The Affair for a 4th season

The Affair renewed for season 4 by Showtime.

Beyond (Freeform) get's a 2nd season.

The whole Season 1 was made available on demand recently, so looks like there was good interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

The Affair renewed for season 4 by Showtime.

That's great I can stop watching now it's been awful in season 3 , I was only going to keep watching cause I thought it was limited to 3 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

L.A. Law Reboot.
    A tepid January TV spec market might get a jolt soon with an iconic title making its return. 20th Century Fox TV is expected to take out the contemporary revival of the Emmy-winning 1980s NBC legal drama L.A. Law, which was developed in-house.

Co-creator Steven Bochco revealed in August that he was developing a new L.A. Law with one of the series’ original writers, Billy Finkelstein.

“They found a way to take an iconic series and bring it to 2016 Los Angeles,” infusing some “beloved pieces” from the original show into a contemporary legal drama, Fox TV Group chairman Gary Newman told Deadline at TCA. “It is an interesting blend of old and new.”

I hear the new incarnation, written by Bochco and Finkelstein, revolves around new characters, young lawyers, and also is expected to feature several characters from the original series as bosses. Does the show have an Upstairs, Downstairs” dynamic? “That’s an interesting way to put it,” Newman said.

The project will not go automatically to Fox. “It will be taken to the other networks too,” said Newman, who, along with Dana Walden, oversees both Fox and 20th TV.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/la-law-reboot-next-season-steve-bochco-1201883673/

In the Heat Of the Night

‘In the Heat Of the Night’ TV Series Being Redeveloped With ‘People v. O.J.’ Writer
    Joe Robert Cole, writer-producer on FX’s People v. O.J. Simpson, is writing the new series adaptation, which is being developed internally at MGM Television.

MGM TV previously had set up an In the Heat of the Night TV series — described as an exploration of character and race set in modern-day Mississippi – at Showtime in 2014 with The Help filmmaker Tate Taylor writing and directing. Taylor is staying on as a director/executive producer on the new incarnation, along with producer Warren Littlefield (Fargo) who also had been involved in the project from the get-go, and John Norris. Decades ago as an NBC executive, Littlefield developed the movie’s previous TV series adaptation.

The 1967 feature, directed by Norman Jewison, broke ground when it came out as race relations were boiling over in the civil rights era. It starred Sidney Poitier as a police detective sent to investigate a murder in a small Southern town in the face of hostility from the local sheriff, played by Rod Steiger. It won five Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Steiger.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/in-the-heat-of-the-night-tv-series-redeveloped-joe-robert-cole-1201883162/

‘American Horror Story’ Renewed For Seasons 8 & 9 By FX

Mars Event Series Renewed For Season 2 By National Geographic
    National Geographic has given the green light to a second season of Mars, its global event series executive produced by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard.

The first season of the series, which combined scripted drama and special effects with documentary sequences, was seen by 36 million viewers globally last fall and became the most DVR’ed series in network history. Mars will air globally on National Geographic Channels in 172 countries in 43 languages, and in Spanish on Nat Geo Mundo. The first season is available now for sale in digital HD and coming soon on DVD.

The first season was told from the vantage point of a fictitious crewed mission to Mars in 2033. It was executive produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Michael Rosenberg of Imagine Entertainment; Justin Wilkes, Jon Kamen and Dave O’Connor of RadicalMedia; and Mexican filmmaker Everardo Gout (Days of Grace).

“Mars is emblematic of our new breed of premium programming — programming from superb creative talent, like Imagine Entertainment and RadicalMedia, that is unabashedly smart and highly entertaining,” said Courteney Monroe, CEO of National Geographic Global Networks. “With Mars, we were able to truly harness the global power of the brand and amplify it across National Geographic’s media platforms and we are thrilled to be bringing it back for another season.”

“With the genre-busting mix of documentary and drama, we created a really powerful experience for audiences that transported them to a different world, and we’re thrilled to once again work with National Geographic and RadicalMedia to continue this epic story of how humankind made Mars home,” said Grazer.

Added Howard, “With Mars, we wanted to stimulate the imagination of audiences and continue to fire the belief that space exploration is an important, inevitable aspect of the human experience, inspiring the next generation of astronauts. We’re excited to see where the next season will take us.”

http://deadline.com/2017/01/mars-event-series-renewed-season-2-national-geographic-tca-1201885744/

• Advertisement

Thrill wrote: »

Fatal Attraction’ TV Remake Not Moving Forward At Fox

http://deadline.com/2017/01/fatal-attraction-remake-dead-fox-1201885804/

Advertisement