Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    I've been catching up on this and it gets surprisingly good. The first episode was a jumbled mess, but the story settled down nicely and got pretty twisty. Very like Scandal. Episode 10 is in a few weeks - it'll be interesting to see where they leave things for the finale (unfortunately, I suspect wide open).

Do you not find the 2 lead actors acting terrible? Mrs. Clareman loves the show so I use the 40 minutes to do anything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Piper Perabo and Daniel Sunjata? I liked them in Covert Affairs and Graceland so I don't mind them in this.
    The ensemble cast is good too - Adam Rayner from Tyrant is in this and he has a good presence on the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    Piper Perabo and Daniel Sunjata? I liked them in Covert Affairs and Graceland so I don't mind them in this.
    The ensemble cast is good too - Adam Rayner from Tyrant is in this and he has a good presence on the show.

Yerman just can't act, he reminds me of Joey's Acting Classes, the whole "breath out through my nose when confused/angry/any emotion" really really really annoys me for some reason, I had to stop watching Graceland because of it. Yerone playing the whole damsel in distress changes to powerful woman to damsel in distress to powerful woman annoys me as well, but I'm easily annoyed as you can probably tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Masters of Sex cancelled

Z Nation renewed for season 4

Source - TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Manifesto

Paul Bettany To Play Unabomber In Discovery Channel’s FBI Drama ‘Manifesto’
    Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti executive produce the show through their Trigger Street Productions banner. Black List writer Andrew Sodroski, who wrote the pilot, will also exec produce along with Troy Searer and Discovery’s John Goldwyn.

Greg Yaitanes, who won an Emmy for his work on House, will be showrunner for the series and is set to direct all episodes. He’ll also exec produce. Yaitanes recently directed an episode of WGN’s Underground.

Manifesto explores how the FBI caught infamous criminal masterminds, with the first season set to focus on FBI agent Jim “Fitz” Fitzgerald, a specialized linguist who challenged old-school ways with a radical approach to intelligence gathering. His unconventional means brought the Unabomber to justice after a near 20-year manhunt when he discovered that the key to unlocking his true identity could be found in the language of “The Manifesto,” a detailed account of some of Kaczynski’s plots.

The series marks another big push from Discovery into the scripted programming arena after the cable network’s Harley-Davidson miniseries Harley And The Davidsons.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/paul-bettany-unabomber-discovery-channel-manifesto-kevin-spacey-dana-brunetti-trigger-street-productions-1201861134/

• Advertisement

Mayans MC pilot (spin off SOA) ordered at FX

I just read on Facebook that Line of Duty has been greenlit for a 5th season and it will be on BBC1 (season 4 is due out early 2017)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cool!
    So now they have to give us release dates for this, Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 2 and The Punisher season 1, after Iron Fist and The Defenders.

3% renewed for a second season by Netflix.

http://renewcanceltv.com/3-renewed-season-2-netflix/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

3% renewed for a second season by Netflix.

http://renewcanceltv.com/3-renewed-season-2-netflix/
    I haven't seen it but was reading about it just yesterday - apparently it's not the best show ever, but quite good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I haven't seen it but was reading about it just yesterday - apparently it's not the best show ever, but quite good.
    I got halfway through episode 1 and gave up on it; I simply did not get hooked by it; I may have to try again but go for the dubbed English version instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I watched the first episode only but thought it was really good, I watched the dubbed version...not sure it was the right choice, the dubbings not horrible to be fair but it can be a little flat with some of the deeper scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

'The Big Bang Theory' Cancellation News & Latest Updates: Series Renewed For Season 11; Jim Parsons Reportedly Not Returning.

So earlier rumors of it been canceled turned out to be false!

corkie wrote: »
    Rumor : - The Big Bang Theory Season 11 Cancelled! Will Kaley Cuoco, Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki Star in the Sheldon Spinoff?

Edit: Added the word rumor as people might not have seen it, in the tittle of this post, on mobile.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

corkie wrote: »
    Don't believe anything printed on that website. I'll eat my hat is Parsons doesn't come back.

Don't believe anything printed on that website. I'll eat my hat is Parsons doesn't come back.

He will be back with a bang i.e. more money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

I'll eat my hat is Parsons doesn't come back.

You better fecking do it now that you said it.

Superstition

Syfy Gives Straight-to-Series Order to Supernatural Mario Van Peebles Show ‘Superstition’
    Syfy has given a straight-to-series pickup to “Superstition,” a supernatural show hailing from Mario Van Peebles’ newly launched production company MVPTV and XLrator Media, Variety has learned.

Van Peebles will write, direct and star in some of the episodes.

“Superstition” centers around the Mosley family, owners of the only funeral home in a fictitious town on the outskirts of New Orleans and keepers of the town’s dark secrets and history. Known for its haunted houses, elevated graveyards, odd townsfolk and rich history of unusual phenomena, the town is also a “landing patch” for the world’s darkest manifestations of fear, guided into the world by an ancient, mysterious malefactor named The Dredge.

The “New Jack City” alum will produce with XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon. Joel Anderson Thompson will serve as showrunner, Laurence Andries will executive produce, and scribes Brusta Brown and John Mitchell Todd have joined the series. XLrator Media holds the international distribution and sales rights.

“The incredible things we used to do in independent film, we can now do in television. This is truly a golden era for exciting, provocative television.” said Van Peebles.

“’Superstition’ is an intelligent, boundary-pushing genre series rich in supernatural lore and myths, featuring an eccentric family who have an unusual connection to an otherworldly plane, and the dark force that unleashes the demons, creatures and monsters that haunt our nightmares,” said Gordon. “There is a voracious global audience always seeking the next well-crafted genre series as evidenced by the success of ‘American Horror Story,’ ‘Stranger Things,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘True Blood,’ ‘Six Feet Under’ and others. ‘Superstition’ is being produced and created by people who love and appreciate genre content. XLrator is proud to partner with Syfy and Mario Van Peebles on our first network television series.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/superstition-syfy-series-order-mario-van-peebles-1201934931/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    StrikeBack returning

https://tvline.com/2016/12/08/strike-back-reboot-series-order-cinemax/

Great news but with no Stonebridge & Scott it just won't be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah, kinda wish they went with the proposed film instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

https://tvline.com/2016/12/08/strike-back-reboot-series-order-cinemax/

Great news but with no Stonebridge & Scott it just won't be the same.

They did a good job replacing Armitage , and they always had lot of churn on support cast , I am willing to give them a chance , plus chances of cameos could be fun.

Marco Polo cancelled by Netflix.

Untitled Muhammad Ali Documentary

HBO Announces Multi-Part Muhammad Ali Documentary From Director Antoine Fuqua
    Antoine Fuqua and LeBron James are partnering on a multi-part Muhammad Ali documentary for HBO. The untitled project will be directed by Fuqua (“Training Day,” “The Magnificent Seven”) and follow the life and career of Ali, who passed away at the age of 74 earlier this year.

“It’s tough to put into words how much it means to me to be a part of this project honoring the legacy and telling the extremely important story of the great Muhammad Ali,” says James in a statement. “He transcended sports and used his platform to empower people, which paved the way for all athletes and people of every race and gender that came after him, myself included.”

“Muhammad Ali meant many things to many people, and he is someone who had a deep impact on me from an early age,” adds Fuqua. “Being given the opportunity to tell his story, both inside and outside of the ring, is a privilege, and a dream come true, and I couldn’t have found better partners than LeBron and HBO to help memorialize ‘The Greatest of All Time.'” The film has already begun production and will premiere on HBO, though no air date has been announced

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/12/hbo-muhammad-ali-documentary-antoine-fuqua-lebron-james-1201757148/

Marco Polo cancelled by Netflix.

Does it end ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Does it end of??

Was just about to watch season two bit if it is going to be left open then don't think I will bother?

irishchris wrote: »
    Was just about to watch season two bit if it is going to be left open then don't think I will bother?

Meant to say OK there, I'm the same, just about to start S2.

Foxy Brown reboot at Hulu with Meagan Good to star

Salem cancelled by WGN America

Impastor cancelled by TV Land

Source TV Line

Today Will Be Different

Julia Roberts to Star in Her First TV Series
    Julia Roberts has signed on to star in her first-ever TV series.

Variety has confirmed that the Oscar-winning A-lister will star in a limited series, based on Maria Semple’s New York Times best-selling “Today Will Be Different,” which was released this fall. Semple will also pen the script for the TV adaptation of her own book.

Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures is producing the series, marking the first TV project to come under the company’s new television initiative, led by Sue Naegle.

Aside from starring, Roberts will also exec produce the series by way of her Red Om Films banner, along with executive producers Semple, Ellison, and Naegle.

“Today Will Be Different” is about a day in the life of Eleanor Flood, played by Roberts. The character is admittedly a bit of a mess, as she decides that today is the day to tackle the little things that she has been neglecting. Of course, life gets in the way of success as a fake-sick son, errant husband, and a former colleague with a bomb-dropping memoir derail her modest plan. Taking place over the course of one day, the series is described as a “hilarious, heart-filled story” about reinvention, sisterhood, and how sometimes it takes facing our former selves to truly begin living.

“I’m giddy that Eleanor Flood will be brought to life by Julia Roberts and am elated to collaborate with Megan Ellison, Sue Naegle, and the team at Annapurna on this endeavor. This will be a fun ride!” Semple said in a statement.

No network is attached at this point. Insiders say it will be shopped around in the new year. With Roberts’ star power, the series becomes the latest hot project to hit the marketplace.

Roberts is the latest movie star to jump over to television. Meryl Streep is starring a series, “The Nix,” from J.J. Abrams, which is currently being shopped around; Julianne Moore and Robert De Niro are starring in a pricey Amazon series; and Jonah Hill and Emma Stone are starring in Netflix’s “Maniac.”

The limited series marks the first regular TV role for Roberts, who is most known for her iconic roles in “Pretty Woman,” “Erin Brokovich” and most recently, a small yet lucrative role in “Mother’s Day.” She starred in the HBO television movie “The Normal Heart,” and otherwise, her TV credits include smaller guest roles before she made it big.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/julia-roberts-tv-show-today-will-be-different-annapurna-1201943644/

• Advertisement

NBC making TV version of Single White Female.
    In a fitting move considering the dearth of original ideas on network television, NBC is rebooting a movie about copying someone else.

The Peacock is developing a modern-day adaptation of the 1992 film Single White Female, reports The Hollywood Reporter. The film starred Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh as two roommates whose relationship sours when Leigh's character Hedra begins to mimic everything about Fonda's character Allie.

NBC's version will move the story from New York to San Francisco (where everyone needs a roommate to afford rent), and twist the tale quite a bit. The reboot will see con artist Hedra mark wealthy Allie for an easy score, but Hedra will soon realize that Allie isn't as innocent as she seems. NBC's goal is to leave viewers wondering who is "single white femaling" who.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/single-white-female-reboot-nbc/

Advertisement