Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF4 AE - PC! (?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

whore, SF game challenges are what this forum is about...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

Placebo wrote: »
    you should make a stand against Capcom and not buy the game.
    May i suggest an online petition ?

That's what the FG forums are all about eh? Mindless trolling with no relevance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

worst thread in fg forum history

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's not often I do this:

Move on. If you want to discuss piracy hore go do it in the main games section or the like. This isn't the forum for it.

You're very wrong on this one, but really tireless rebuttal helps no one. So I'm going to say move on.

If anyone wants to accuse anyone else of trollery I have tolerance for that as a joke but zero for it when it's getting in the way of the function of the forum, and that goes for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

why dont you come to the next inferno and put your money where your mouth is?

SLAP BET..... oh wait. Thems you don't show up for. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Haha, this thread. If I wanted /v/, I'd go to /v/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I bought sfiv for €23.

I'm better than all of you.

Thank you for playing, see you at our next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I bought sfiv for €23.

I'm better than all of you.

Thank you for playing, see you at our next game.
    I bought SSFIV on PS3 for €20.

Admittedly used, but I didn't realise that until 2 weeks later. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got it for €17.95 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got Sf4 for a tenner then was told its technically fre due to some glitch on GFL.

Please capcom for the love of god dont ever use GFL ever again, i will get the new one on PC if tis on GFL and i have 2 PS2 Hori pads with USb Connectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jaysus I was so happy at the start of this thread but feckin hell its depressing how bad this got.

Whore....(what a name...) you make PC gamers look bad.

Of course AE should be full price, its a brand new game as far as the PC is concerned, you should be over the moon we're getting the game... not this.... not this...vomit-smiley-9529.gif

And full price on PC is pretty damn cheap anyway, unless you buy it on steam.

Now to everyone else reading this, I'm sorry:

:o
    cant just upgrade your gaming card, depends on your mother board.

Only if your PC dates back to 2004 or some ****e back in AGP land. More to do with your PSU and the likes but we're talking heavy duty PC cards here even. You can get decent pc gaming hardware for dirt cheap these days.

You don't need much of a PC to run console games on it.

Terrible analogy but PC is more popular with FPS, thats is the route it has taken due to the hardware + accessibility for updates etc, it has slowly morphed into a better gaming platform in the recent years but it goes without saying that its not a plug and play gaming platform.

lol farz you really dunno what your talkin about :pac:

FPS shooters were invented on PC, was not some route it had taken after the consoles... :p
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    In fairness, this is something PC gamers would expect (and rightfully so imo) in the form of free patches. Blizzard are probably the best example of this recently, though I don't think FGs should have as frequent balancing as a game like SC2.

I'd usually agree alright with this, mainly for proper PC games that have recently moved to consoles too like the battlefield games etc. BUT Street fighter is different and I think pretty much every proper SF fan, pc gamer or not is used to the idea that new stuff means new SF game.

Anyway soz lads just playing a little catch up. This is good news for me, very happy about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol farz you really dunno what your talkin about

FPS shooters were invented on PC, was not some route it had taken after the consoles...

PERHAPS you skimmed through all the posts as you're late.
    I am aware they are invented on the pc, did you really think otherwise, really?
    I'm just talking about the hardware/platform thats such a big bonus for them.

Thats just wrong. Have you seen the amount of message board threads riddled with people complaining about games not running properly.
    A popular trend, since forever

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Quote:
    Thats just wrong. Have you seen the amount of message board threads riddled with people complaining about games not running properly.
    A popular trend, since forever

This statement is not wrong - hardware requirements for console ports are generally very low - you shouldn't need a good PC

The bugginess experienced is unfortunately due to the fact that they tend to outsource the porting of console->PC games to crap software houses who generally do a bad job or don't make an effort at all (SW:TFU1/2 on PC for example.) The issues people suffer tend to be due to games for windows live and other shoddy porting errors (emulating a console environment rather then making the engine specific to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So, um, about those dive kicks eh? :P

FIGHTING GAME forum.

(Stupid dive kicks)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Think Ill get the DLC for 360 and the disc release for PC, sure why not ?

Lads - is there a definite date for DLC of AE on XBL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

J0hnick wrote: »
    Think Ill get the DLC for 360 and the disc release for PC, sure why not ?

This is definitely the way to go, I've been sitting on a mame pc for ages now, this will be my reason to get the frontend working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

Round of applause to placebo on getting in on yet another arguement. I built a pc from scratch including a monitor, hard drives, case and EVERYTHING needed for 500 euro, it runs this game on mid-high settings at 60fps on a 1080 res.

whore wrote: »
    Round of applause to placebo on getting in on yet another arguement. I built a pc from scratch including a monitor, hard drives, case and EVERYTHING needed for 500 euro, it runs this game on mid-high settings at 60fps on a 1080 res.

STFU

Like the Man said. Move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

bet you don't have a really cool joystick though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Enough whore, I've met and know Placebo in person , we're just two people who know each other talking about something, not random internet people flaming each other so stop reading it like that or trying to turn it into that please. Your not coming across very well on this forum so far. Ease off a bit man.

PERHAPS you skimmed through all the posts as you're late.
    I am aware they are invented on the pc, did you really think otherwise, really?

Ah right yeah soz I just read it wrong , half asleep skimming through the thread as you guessed. Working full time atm, not a bum student no more.:p

As for your other point well Hercule pretty much got that. Console hardware is similar to that of a high end gaming pc from about 2006. If theres a game that's out on console that runs badly on a modern gaming pc its down to dodgy coding and lazy devs not PC hardware limitations. Something pc gamers have to just put up with alot as the weaker and more limited consoles is where the money is.

Of course there's still games on the PC current gen consoles couldn't even dream of being able to handle due to hardware and control limitations too. Just the way modern gamings is atm. Goes through cycles between each gen etc etc.

But yeah thats that anyway , so yeah PC SSF4 AE, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. :D

I'll deffo be getting it for both ps3 and pc :cool:

Start to reignite this argument again and I will be banning you.

Thank you for not rising to it placebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I wonder if Whore subscribes to this magazine ?

internet-tough-guy-magazine.gif

:rolleyes:

Attacking someone who I've told to STFU and can't respond isn't on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Thank you for not rising to it placebo.

Jesus Farz has turned over a new leaf. What happy pills have they given you man.You've changed

Advertisement