Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF4 AE - PC! (?)

Options
  • 12-04-2011 11:14pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Someone posted on my channel that it has been confirmed that AE will 100% definately be on PC (Yeah, we assumed so anyways given how easy it is to port from Arcade to PC).

Yet I've not seen any indication or confirmation.

a) Is it true...
    b) If so, YAAAAY! and...
    c) Is there going to be any reason for anyone to get it for PC if they can get it on the console?

99.99% of the Irish Players I've fought in old SF4 PC have LOOOOOONG since moved to Console / SSF4 so I doubt I'll get to see anyone even if I do get AE (Unless it has some magical cross-port connectivity, not likely).

Will anyone else actually get it for PC if it is released? Would it gain any additional benefits over console versions for, say, tournies and LAN's? (We can exclude typical differences like Mods etc).

For example, it'd surely be a big plus for recording, if Doomy was that way inclined, but that wouldn't work unless all participants played the PC version... If you could hook up your controllers of choice, would it not be best to have a few PC machines running AE at tournies? Too much hassle, little benefit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'll be getting PC and Xbox versions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

My laptop can barely run original Starcraft let alone SSFIVAE, so I reckon I'll be missing out on this boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

time to bring keyboard Ryu outta retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

July 2011.

Upgrade your PC, FFS it's not like you're stuck on a laptop.

Good gaming cards are cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'll be getting it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

If the minimum specs are the same as the original (cant see why they wouldn't be) Ill consider it, vanilla runs great on my current rig but she's gettin on a bit with the current crop of PC games.

Gettin it as DLC for 360 regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant just upgrade your gaming card, depends on your mother board.
    One i bought off AZZA, wasnt compatible with my motherboard. It fit but PC would restart abruptly

I would rather play on PC, much more convenient, especially in window mode if possible but my pc couldnt handle it.

Placebo wrote: »
    cant just upgrade your gaming card, depends on your mother board.
    One i bought off AZZA, wasnt compatible with my motherboard. It fit but PC would restart abruptly

I would rather play on PC, much more convenient, especially in window mode if possible but my pc couldnt handle it.
    You sure it wasn't a driver problem, or your PSU being insufficient?

Or possibly it was overheating, thus shutting itself down for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

I heard it's going to cost full price for the game even if you own the original SF4, hats off to capcon on being rip-off artists yet again and then they wonder why people won't buy it. I know plenty of people will buy it regardless of cost but the vast majority won't. Oh well, time to celebrate another Street Fighter game flopping and the community dying on PC before it even gets released because of capcom being greedy morons. Full price for some balance tweaks, characters and animations. They couldn't justify charging full price for SSF4 on xbox and ps, but they can this time because we don't own super? Neatly forgetting that none of us own super because they never released it. Why does capcom hate PC owners...seriously...

• Advertisement

whore wrote: »
    I heard it's going to cost full price for the game even if you own the original SF4, hats off to capcon on being rip-off artists yet again and then they wonder why people won't buy it. I know plenty of people will buy it regardless of cost but the vast majority won't. Oh well, time to celebrate another Street Fighter game flopping and the community dying on PC before it even gets released because of capcom being greedy morons. Full price for some balance tweaks, characters and animations. They couldn't justify charging full price for SSF4 on xbox and ps, but they can this time because we don't own super? Neatly forgetting that none of us own super because they never released it. Why does capcom hate PC owners...seriously...
    Because posts like yours show you to be whiny pissants :)

I didn't see any of the [insert FPS of choice] players complain when [insert sequel] was released at full price. How dare they charge top dollar for some new maps and extra textures, with maybe 1 or 2 new guns? Bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The cheek of capcom. Why dont they just put out 2 years work for free?

absolute cheek, how dare they delay PC release because of low sales and high % of piracy.

Kiki wasnt PCU, or driver.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC for me. Just can't warrant spending money on Xbox live.

Firstly, i don't own any call of duty games :)

Secondly, keep your personal attacks to yourself thank you very much, i expressed an honest and valid opinion, whether you agree or not is entirely up to you, please avoid ad hominem and childish remarks.

"The cheek of capcom. Why dont they just put out 2 years work for free?"

Yes...that's exactly what i said, nothing at all to do with paying service to the fans who have supported them for years.

@Placebo, here's a quote for you "Street Fighter 4 was one of the most pirated games on the PC and XBox 360 in 2009" see what happened there?

Secondly, keep your personal attacks to yourself thank you very much, i expressed an honest and valid opinion, whether you agree or not is entirely up to you, please avoid ad hominem and childish remarks.

Yes...that's exactly what i said, nothing at all to do with paying service to the fans who have supported them for years.

@Placebo, here's a quote for you "Street Fighter 4 was one of the most pirated games on the PC and XBox 360 in 2009" see what happened there?

are you good at math?
    091228_sf4pirate2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

And that years of support has been spent on making new games such as SSFIV:AE for PC.

It'll be close to three years since SFIV was released and AE will be a significantly different game.

Fourteen new characters is hardly a small update.

Ok, how many people own PC's for gaming compared to how many people own xbox's? Cause i'm willing to bet it's more than double the amount of people that own PC's, so apparently i am good at math.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How many of those PC bittorrent downloads were actually lost sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

If your PC exclusive, how can you accuse them of cashing in if its been 3 years since sf4?? What you have got to understand is that why it might be viewed as an add on to console versions it is a complete stand alone title for the PC.

anywho will the disc have any features that the dlc wont?

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

very good point and also xbox version was 2nd most pirated game on the system, 10% behind call of duty, compared to 50% on pc. just because the numbers bigger doesn't mean it was more widespread piracy, just means there's a bigger pool of people to download pc games.
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    If your PC exclusive, how can you accuse them of cashing in if its been 3 years since sf4??

touché :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Tell that to the judge, not a valid argument AT ALL. Whats so ever.
    Oh look Capcom, people just downloading to take a look, for nostalgic purposes.
    They wouldn't have actually bought the game, so no LOSS THERE.
    Cant guarantee people buying the game after downloading either.

Those figures are heartbreaking, imagine that was your company. In this economic climate. Its sickening.
    Ok, how many people own PC's for gaming compared to how many people own xbox's? Cause i'm willing to bet it's more than double the amount of people that own PC's, so apparently i am good at math.

1 MILLION. EXTRA PEOPLE downloaded the game. Argument is void. Those figures are too big also the fact that you need your Xbox modded, voiding your guarantee gives some credibility and hope.

I never EXPLICITLY said "Call of Duty" :D
    whore wrote:
    Is it an ad hominem if I gave a generalisation of PC gamers as a whole? Please read my comment again -- it was directed at whining PC gamers, not you personally :rolleyes:
    whore wrote:

WHAT
    whore wrote:
    As has been shown, quotes must be in context -- you must understand what it is you are quoting.
    And also, it contradicts your above point.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Keep it calm and civil. Attack a post by all means but don't be attacking posters. I'll have to put my mod hat on if people start accusing others of being whiny bitches etc.

BTW any level of understanding of the SF games and saying AE is not a brand new game in comparision to Vanilla is pretty laughable. Besides the 14 new characters, all the old ones have gone through 2 iterations of changes. Characters like Guile, Seth and Sagat while looking like their Vanilla counterparts have had huge changes, good and bad, to the point where they play totally differently.

For the benefit of new people, take my character, Guile.

Guile was v weak in Vanilla. So in an effort to make him better, they changed his most often used special, the sonic boom, so it took less time to charge and much easier and quicker to do. This along with 4 other changes I think made him one of the best in the game.

This is all the tweaking a character needs to change completely. When I first played Super, this and his other changes (more invulenrability on light flash kick, better american back hand, better f mk and quicker bazooka knee) made him feel fun and flowing to play with. Tiny changes that add up.

In this new version, Capcom think he's too powerful but interestingly enough they have not changed anything they've given him in Super. They're all refinements, and although I don't agree with alot of them I know he's still going to be a much more refined and fun character to play than his original Vanilla version- and less frustrating for uthers to fight.

People moan about capcom but Really they need to look under the bonnet before doing so, IMO.

Firstly, retro ment how many people bought the game after they downloaded it. Answer, a lot

Secondly "Argument is void."...um no it isn't...again, bigger isn't more, it's just bigger, relatively speaking a higher % of xbox users pirated the game.

Thirdly. Doctor Doom thanks for the modding ;) i agree it's a lot of content and i know i'm going to buy it...it's just seems like another addition to the book of capcom ragging on pc gamers.

I'm sick of seeing people turning these kinds of discussions into 'how dare you insult my favorite game, everything you say is wrong' if you want to discuss something that's fine...i'm not having an argument with anyone so my argument is non-existant rather than void.

Firstly, retro ment how many people bought the game after they downloaded it. Answer, a lot

You have absolutely no proof of this at all.

You have absolutely no proof of this at all.

The influx of noobs after the steam sale should be proof enough...furthermore i know several people who downloaded it to see if it was worth paying for and went out and bought it the next day.

Hardly defending the game here, i'm more looking at it from a logical, moral and ethical stand point. I 100% agree with their decision for delaying and second thinking the release of the PC version.

While the decision may not be totally dependant on the piracy statistics, it doesnt go without saying that XBOX/PS3 and the main gaming platforms. Releasing a game for them is like releasing headphones for an ipod.
    While some may want a speaker for their ipod, those people may have to wait.

Terrible analogy but PC is more popular with FPS, thats is the route it has taken due to the hardware + accessibility for updates etc, it has slowly morphed into a better gaming platform in the recent years but it goes without saying that its not a plug and play gaming platform.

Without moving too much away from the argument, i mentioned above that there is no way to guarantee that people that downloaded the game, bought it as well. Speculations don't stand in the real world.
    People that could have bought it for nostalgic reasons etc, did not. Because they got it for free and got their fill and now you're left with this dilemma.

Then these people bought the game legit and not after they had already downloaded it.

And your handful of friends doesn't account for the 1.8 million other downloads.

• Advertisement

PC is more popular with FPS, thats is the route it has taken due to the hardware + accessibility for updates etc, it has slowly morphed into a better gaming platform in the recent years but it goes without saying that its not a plug and play gaming platform.

You're right but it isn't helped by the fact that game developers assume that its a platform for FPS games and crappy ports, unfortunatly that isn't going to change any time soon.
    There is no way to guarantee that people that downloaded the game, bought it as well. People that could have bought it for nostalgic reasons etc, did not. Because they got it for free and got their fill and now you're left with this dilemma.

No i can't guarantee that. You're right i'm sure that happened a lot people downloading it and going 'that was fun, next please'. But 1 you can't guarantee that everyone who downloaded it for nostalgia would have bought it, speculation, real world. 2 i could make the same point about rentals on the consoles.
    Then these people bought the game legit and not after they had already downloaded it.

And your handful of friends doesn't account for the 1.8 million other downloads.

You have no proof that they didn't download it.

I don't know 1.8 million people. You understand the point i'm making, you're choosing to ignore it. I can't use personal experience as the basis for forming an opinion? This is new to me.

Advertisement