Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And here we go ...Why donate to the priests / altar boys? Because it's the classy thing to do, Derek.
    Not like he'll be be on the business end of a church wedding anytime soon, yet he feels it apt to question a practice he'll most likely never be involved with.

Anything outside his sphere of interest is questioned and/or dismissed by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Right 7 minutes is how long I lasted today. Breks singing was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Derek, for so mannnny reasons, you will never have to worry about being pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's just getting worse... Brek slobbering all over a man again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is that Brek saying goodbye or a horn?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

A segment about a lookalike, on the radio. Amazing really.
    A bit of a mention to Titanic also, surprise.

Dragging a "lookey likey" through town, fascinating stuff.

PS: Fnaaarrr "it was like when I had Jedward in the studio" :)

Is this the "destroy the self esteem of an actor day" on Mooney?

when they have a man in the studio it reminds me of this show

goldcouple.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ha, had to laugh when this glorified extra says he "worked with Tom Hardy" on the set of Batman.

By working with him, does he actually mean fetching him his coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Robbie Irwin used to have a great sports program a few years ago on a Saturday morning. I miss it.

Poor Niall Donohue RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

That song always reminds me of Fatal Attraction and Boiling Bunnies.....

This time filler is finishing me.........How many times have these people been introduced??????

I've lost count.
    I'm out......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I used to like The Mooney Show, and I'm trying to work out exactly where it's gone wrong... But I think I could list the following:

- He very subtly and manipulatively puts across his own gay agenda and tries to present his opinions as being the opinion of the masses (facilitated by the nodding Brenda), with the intent of ostracising those of a different opinion. It's like an infomercial for gay marriage and gay adoption. I also have a problem with the number of gay issues. I have no interest in the topic, and RTE should have a separate show for gay issues.
    - Brenda is on the show faaarrr too often. Talkin about her kids ... "Harvey does this, Harvey does that, Two bags full Harvey"... I dont care about her kids! .. Slobbering over any man that is in studio.. Generally be loud and annoying. He understudy, Mary Kingston, is actually worse. I mean does RTE get these people on the JobBridge program?
    - Lack of guests.. The show is packed full of X Factor / Louis Walsh / Mary Byrne nonsense.. I cant remember how good the guests used to be, I certainly dont remember them being that lowest common denominator and thrashy.
    - The know it alls... Leo Enright, Paul Gee, Eanna, Richard Collins, Noel Cunningham, etc... a collection of irritable, self obsessed, fussbudgets... When do I ever get opportunity to use the word fussbudget :D

What do ye think, have I forgotten anything?

What is a gay agenda? I've never really understood that. It's usually a term used by people that are uncomfortable with any mention of the word "gay" when it's not being used to slag off gay people.

His radio show is clearly geared towards women and old people, not young men. So it's odd the way the men on here listen to his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

His radio show is clearly geared towards women and old people
    How is a show that extensively covers Jedward and the X Factor "geared towards old people"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

serfboard wrote: »
    How is a show that extensively covers Jedward and the X Factor "geared towards old people"?

Well I suppose more just women than old people. I just know a lot of old people still only listen RTE Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ihatehalloween

listening to this show for the first time today...lol....are they always so narcissistic....talking over each other....contradicting each other...not good entertainment at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

listening to this show for the first time today...lol....are they always so narcissistic....talking over each other....contradicting each other...not good entertainment at all

They want to outdo each other in terms of how much they know. It's pathetic. Richard is by far the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What a day you picked to tune in for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ihatehalloween

Haha, Thanks guys....good to know I am not alone...poor girl being "interviewed" about bats couldn't get a word in lol

This current newsreader is making Irish sound like Klingon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's the first time I've ever felt sorry for Brenda. The Gaelgoir Mafia are rounding on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Haha, Thanks guys....good to know I am not alone...poor girl being "interviewed" about bats couldn't get a word in lol

Let me guess... Richard and Eanna were on, right?

"Blannige". You'd never guess she had rumours of being a bully levied against her, would you? I'd love to see her and Eanna in on the show together. It would have to be an OB as there wouldn't be room for their personalities in the confines of a studio.

They want to outdo each other in terms of how much they know. It's pathetic. Richard is by far the worst.
    I can see how there is room for the type of show Mooney should be ... a housewives/oul ones kind of show with some light and fluffy topics, some tearjerkers and then the wildlife on a Friday.

Unfortunately, in its execution it's terrible ... the choice of topics is too narrow (X-Factor/Eurovision/Musicals), the sidekicks annoying and unnecessary, and even the wildlife slot, which Derek used to do fairly well on a Saturday morning, is populated by know-it-alls - in particular that condescending individual Richard whatshisname.

I can't listen and I don't (apart from when I've left the car on Radio 1). OTOH, Moncrieff, who I am a fan of, has a show which goes so far into the bizarre at times as to be unlistenable.

I'm not sure how much input Mooney has into the choice of guests. I have heard him do a good interview when he strays outside his normal topics, and I think that, were he restricted more, he could actually do a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ya gotta love the rampant xenophobia on mooney.

ive got no truck with the saudis but its their country to run as they see it yet here we have aload of people breaking the law and mooneys in shock the police got stuck in.

if a whole section of irleand decided to break the law en mass he and his in RTE would be the first looking to have em strung up and banging on about "the rule of law".

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Yid wonder if Mooney's show is planned/produced at all, or is he just waiting for someone to ring in so he can keep them on the phone for ages talkin about their business....?

The Eurovision! What a fresh, exciting new topic.

Heard a (non-eurovision) bit of it there earlier on and he had some American female writer on.

I thought Moncrieff had the monopoly on them? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

serfboard wrote: »
    Heard a (non-eurovision) bit of it there earlier on and he had some American female writer on.

I thought Moncrieff had the monopoly on them? ;)

He has more than his fair share of them alright.

More gay stuff on Mooney yesterday, and Sausagefest nonsense on today.

• Advertisement

Richard:o

Facepalm_227785.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement