Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever liked U2?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

never liked them

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Agree with a lot of the posts on here, their earlier stuff is far superior to their current standard of output.

Least favourite album is the most recent one.

I have a playlist of their tunes on the pod that I listen to from time to time.
    Exit, "40", An Cat Dubh, Tomorrow, all f*cking banging tunes.

Bono ain't that bleedin bad neither. IMO

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Seen them 15 times live and they are still a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

I only heard 'A day without me' from I think it was 'Boy' for the first time recently and I was really impressed. The song has a raw energy that I feel their latest stuff does not have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ElasticMan

Liam Gallagher said he has never met a U2 fan. Or someone who admitted it I guess

Thats strange that, I was watching Noel Gallagher's interview with Dave Fanning last week and Noel was telling Dave that he's been a big U2 fan for the past 20 years and that he used to get stick from different band members because of it.

Liam's a forgetful fellow ain't he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Only albums that did it for me personally were the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby (love that album) and Zooropa. I could take bits and bobs of all the other albums. I'd be indifferent to their other stuff.

Live, I would have to say they can't be faulted...a juggernaut....

Bono seems to get most of the flack for his antics outside of the band, but at the end of the day, he's never carried himself badly ala Liam Gallagher etc, and doesn't come out slagging people off, nothing wrong with that....

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

I love em.

And i like Bono too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

it goes without saying their earlier stuff is better... yeah they can be unlikeable at times but you cant't really say their crap until you've seen them live.
    If theres one thing U2 are good at it's playing live, don't think there's anyone better live (maybe Springsteen). Even alot of their new stuff can be absolutely epic live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

jam08 wrote: »
    If theres one thing U2 are good at it's playing live, don't think there's anyone better live (maybe Springsteen). Even alot of their new stuff can be absolutely epic live!

There's no maybe about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I like a band to get up and play their tunes and then feck off. Leave your head bands with different religious symbols on them for the looney house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

jam08 wrote: »
    If theres one thing U2 are good at it's playing live, .

In the late 90's I'd agree.

But I saw their "360" performance last year and it was forgettable. Tired old performances. Who the hell cared about "360" anyway? Its just so they can pack in seats all around and make a little extra cash while also pandering to their Microsoft XBox Sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Am I the only person who likes their most recent three albums in comparison to anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Am I the only person who likes their most recent three albums in comparison to anything else?

It looks like it.

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Good God! Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Not as bad as....

A mole, digging in a hole
    Digging up my soul
    Now going down, excavation
    I and I in the sky
    You make me feel like I can fly
    So high, elevation.

And yet the same man wrote.

I believe in the kingdom come
    Then all the colours will bleed into one
    Bleed into one
    Well yes I'm still running

You broke the bonds and you
    Loosed the chains
    Carried the cross
    Of my shame
    You know I believed it

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

Well, maybe a bit too religious for most but it seems like it was by an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I have always liked them , hubby a fan and both kids. I have met them and bono drew a picture for me of the unfinished pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me is probably one of the greatest rock songs of the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum are two of the greatest ever albums by any Irish band. I don't think they've done anything since then that can stand comparison to what they did up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I've always liked them, a great band. But like all great bands they have their duds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevinmcm

No Line On The Horizon is a fantastic album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Re-Tuned

Super Band, however their last few albums have been average.
    They always have a killer single, but the rest of their recent albums have been padded out with average songs.

Actung Baby is a class album from start to finish, I actually like most of the songs on "Pop" too. love "Last Night On Earth"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Actung baby is a great album- in my top 5 i'd say

I love Pop, Do you feel loved is a great song.

They have released a fair bit of average stuff lately (last 10 years)
    And there shows used to edgey zoo tv etc. but are now just bland. even the claw was hugely expensive but did do much for me. Also the croke park thing is wearing thin, we cant see you from canal end!!!

Advertisement