Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 02: Malaysian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

EJ! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    The onboard with Schumacher looks and sounds awful yet both Mercs are going fast.

Yeah it was one of those completely "on the edge laps" where you were constantly thinking Schumi was going to run slightly wide and lose the lap. Interesting to see that he was only slightly slower than the Ferrari's and Lewis who were also running on the option tyre.

Both Red Bull drivers used the prime tyres and its clear that there is quite a difference between the two tyres, at least one second and maybe even 1.5s so that would be enough to put you under pressure. Poor performance from Webber though and he'll be under a lot of pressure in Q2 to perform better.

Good performance from both HRTs to easily make it through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

frostie500 wrote: »
    Yeah it was one of those completely "on the edge laps" where you were constantly thinking Schumi was going to run slightly wide and lose the lap. Interesting to see that he was only slightly slower than the Ferrari's and Lewis who were also running on the option tyre.

Both Red Bull drivers used the prime tyres and its clear that there is quite a difference between the two tyres, at least one second and maybe even 1.5s so that would be enough to put you under pressure. Poor performance from Webber though and he'll be under a lot of pressure in Q2 to perform better.

Good performance from both HRTs to easily make it through

It was more like a HRT lap. :pac: Every corner seemed to involve lifts at odd times and downchanges when the revs kept changing. :pac:

The onscreen graphics need to be shifted left and off the left front tyre on the inobard shots!
    :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

David made a point.. related to extreme aerodynamics nowadays.. in Malaysia is high humidity which reduces oxygen in the air thus less downforce :eek:

we want less spoilers!

• Advertisement

Go on the Button!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Massive lap from Button

Schumi is still sliding quite a lot...

No need for Schumi to go out again, waste of tyres.
    OK maybe he might want to go out to be safe. :pac: Didn't realise the Renaults and Hamilton were two of those behind him.

Schumi out. :-/ Traffic on his last hot lap?

• Advertisement

No need for Schumi to go out again, waste of tyres.

Good thing your not a race engineer! :P

delta720 wrote: »
    Good thing your not a race engineer! :P

Only using part of a quote, you could be a Garda. ;)

Only using part of a quote, you could be a Garda. ;)

HAHA! I try!

Petrov ahead of Heidfeld again in first two sessions, this year has got to be Nicks last ever chance I had expected a lot more.

"Schumi never had another such a competitive team mate as Nico is.. nobody was that much faster than him.." Scumi is not comfortable, its not only about car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Still early with Heidfeld

I have a feeling he will come good in a few races

delta720 wrote: »
    HAHA! I try!

Petrov ahead of Heidfeld again in first two sessions, this year has got to be Nicks last ever chance I had expected a lot more.

I was right about it being a waste of tyres though. :pac:

It's just odd with Nick, he kept up-ish with Kubica most of the time through the BMW days and with Kimi back in Sauber yet he's getting his ass handed to him by Petrov. Strange altogether.

Vettel really... nice one again. Just hatin finger of his grr

Dear Bernie,

When the end of Q3 is as exciting as that, please try and get the TV directors to switch to split screen! Would have loved onboard from Vettel, Hamilton, Webber and Button at the same time for the last 30 seconds!

Damn close between the RBs and McLarens, have to fancy the McLarens in the race tomorrow but it's going to come down to pitstops big-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just after seeing that on Schumi's last lap of Q2 his DRS stuck in the open position which would explain things for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Has anyone noticed when vettel wins/gets pole, his speech back over the radio seems so forced, as if he has it prepared beforehand.

wobbles wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed when vettel wins/gets pole, his speech back over the radio seems so forced, as if he has it prepared beforehand.

Yup, don't like him!

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow. A third of a second covering the top four in qualifying if they keep that pace in the race there'll be roughly a pitstop covering the four of them. What was it they said on BBC, at least a 3-stopper tomorrow? :D

Unfortunately I have a feeling Button won't get off the line. He always seems to just miss out and today it was a couple of hundredths and knowing him he'll drop to 5th off the dirty side of the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Yep, reminds me of how Hamilton used to be when he came into the sport, maybe its an age thing and he'll grow out of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

23310_121436141224830_8369_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yeah, the arrogance of the chap - I dislike the man, with his one-fingered celebration - if he was a natural about his achievement, he'd be true to his German background and celebrate the No.1 with his thumb rather than his forefinger!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Yeah, the arrogance of the chap - I dislike the man, with his one-fingered celebration - if he was a natural about his achievement, he'd be true to his German background and celebrate the No.1 with his thumb rather than his forefinger!

Wouldn't want to raise his right hand anyway.

Hope I get up in time for the race tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Careful now - Just to be clear, the Germans count starting with their thumb, whereas us western-west european folk start with the finger :rolleyes: (remember the bar scene in Ingolorius Backstards anyone?)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Surprisingly managed to wake up in time today but where's the motherfcukin rain!?

Surprisingly managed to wake up in time today but where's the motherfcukin rain!?

7km away track

• Advertisement

I'd say Button is glad the DRS isn't available at the start. The hell was that from the Renaults!?

Advertisement