Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Passwords?

Jesus titty fcuking Christ that's enough, I'm going to keep my PS3 offline from here on and do what I want with it. Such a useless, useless shower of fcuking wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

1 week later Sony tells us that credit card information has possibly been obtained by hackers.

Useless ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

at quarter to they can suck my d1ck

ok this is a good idea lol .. this saturday at 4pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Chavways wrote: »
    It will be next tuesday or wednesday at the earliest

Void ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

In all fairness though lads, they probably have to say that CC details may have been taken for legal reasons. Chillax!

no they dont. generally unless they KNOW cc details have been taken they say absolutely nothing about it. the very fact that theyve been mentioned means that they have been taken, and that its likely to be far worse than sony are making out right now

• Advertisement

And what's worse, they have the passwords and nobody can change them because PSN is down.

What a catastrophe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

tommy21 wrote: »
    Void ;)

Have you not read the new update they released about half an hour ago.They said they will be providing some PSN service next week at the earliest.

That_Guy wrote: »
    And what's worse, they have the passwords and nobody can change them because PSN is down.

What a catastrophe.

And what's worse is I don't know which of my 5/6 passwords I used to sign up and don't think there's a handy way to check so I don't know which accounts I need to change passwords for or what I should/shouldn't change them to.

Only reason I didn't hack the PS3 before was for the sake of one game, I intend to play it straight after my exams then install a decent media player and keep the fcuker offline.

EDIT: Actually can't remember what email address I used to sign up so again I don't know what accounts I should be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

why would a hacker do this?..did he intentionally wana piss off millions of people?..impress us? you have no life and sit in your room all day hacking things that give million of people enjoyment, go die you worthless piece of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Helix wrote: »
    no they dont. generally unless they KNOW cc details have been taken they say absolutely nothing about it. the very fact that theyve been mentioned means that they have been taken, and that its likely to be far worse than sony are making out right now

I see... Hmmmm... Time to start spreading mass hysteria...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Epic **** up by sony

• Registered Users Posts: 53,867 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man im really pissed that one of the largest companies in the world who I thought my details were safe with have ****ed me over

Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why the hell did they wait a week to release this information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I see... Hmmmm... Time to start spreading mass hysteria...

hardly

if you honestly think that a company like sony come out and say something like that without knowing full well that it was the case, then you're away with the fairies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lads, you are all forgeting that the same thing happened here on boards not too long ago. and look you're all still here :eek:

Do you know what the words 'may' and 'possibly' mean

Even if they did get CC details and passwords, it's not very likely they will do anything with them, or even know how to decode them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Everyone jumping up and down about credit cards. I don't give a F*** about that as I won't be picking up the tab for credit card fraud.

I'm far more concerned about the various different pieces of personal information that could be used in countless ways for fraudulent purposes.

I'd love to see Sony's figures in a year after this debacle. I'd imagine they'd be way down.

I'm just glad I used a PSN card to obtain PS+.

They've fúcked up royally here.

I don't mind so much about not being able to play online games but I have a problem with the amount of time it took for Sony to actually come clean instead of relaying some generic bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Helix wrote: »
    hardly

if you honestly think that a company like sony come out and say something like that without knowing full well that it was the case, then you're away with the fairies

Was trying to make a humorous comment about myself, obviously the conveying of said comment failed miserably. I do believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Upgraded internet at home today so I'm gutted this is down! Haven't lost much since i wasn't playing on PSN that much but would like to be now!

Tallon wrote: »
    Lads, you are all forgeting that the same thing happened here on boards not too long ago. and look you're all still here :eek:

Even if they did get CC details and passwords, it's not very likely they will do anything with them, or even know how to decode them

Boards isn't the PSN. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a torrent floating around if they did get their hands on it. Also I didn't really care about the boards thing because I used an old email address.

Also, with Sony's track record would you really expect them to use a decent encryption. Probably 1 + x = 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That would usually be true but Sony store and send all credit card information in plain text - http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/02/report-psn-hacked-showing-stunning-lack-of-credit-card-security.ars

Big difference there. The lads who run boards were keeping everyone in the know via Twitter every hour or so and explaining what was happening.

It took Sony a week to make any sort of contact.

Regarding the CC details, why would they mention them if they weren't stolen?

If nothing like that happened then there's surely no reason to include that into the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Quiet Tallon, we are doooommmeedd!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

This is ****e, f*ck the hackers and the CFW scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Sony just blog'ed stating that the CC numbers and expiry dates may have been obtained, what ever that means..!

Once Sony confirms the above, I think I will go and find out the card I used on PSN and close it, or something.

FU to effing hackers..!! :mad:

The Microsoft offices must be covered in jizz at the moment. Look at all the customers they've now received. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Called mastercard and they said the safest thing to do is cancel my card and send out a new one. No point waiting to see if someone tries to use it.

I don't have my credit card tied to my boards account. Big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

ShaneU wrote: »
    Called mastercard and they said the safest thing to do is cancel my card and send out a new one. No point waiting to see if someone tries to use it.

Not bad advice, anyone who used a credit card on the PSN store should monitor it for any unknown purchases etc. I only used vouchers so im ok from that point of view.

That would usually be true but Sony store and send all credit card information in plain text - http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/02/report-psn-hacked-showing-stunning-lack-of-credit-card-security.ars
    Fúcking morons!!!!

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »

I don't have my credit card tied to my boards account. Big difference
    I don't have mine to PSN, but I do to boards...

Advertisement