Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

You hardly think I'm going to listen to everything you say, now do you? :pac:

Ah but i was right this time. I'd always have the exact location of the speedwork planned days in advance, knowing where i'm gonna start every part of the session and what hills/drags are involved, checking wind readings and altering the route if needed. Sucks the fun out of it maybe it avoids what happened to you today.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ah but i was right this time. I'd always have the exact location of the speedwork planned days in advance, knowing where i'm gonna start every part of the session and what hills/drags are involved, checking wind readings and altering the route if needed. Sucks the fun out of it maybe it avoids what happened to you today.
    Nerd :p

Plan for today - 5 miles easy. Did 9km, average pace 5.50/km, average HR 151 / max 169. I'm liking this random mild spell while I'm off work, after the December we had last year it's pretty damn nice to be able to run in shorts 3 days before Christmas!

Probably going to take tomorrow's run pretty handy, there's still a bit of yesterday's run in the legs, and I'm strongly considering having a good crack at the Tallaght GOAL mile on Sunday.

Also just noticed that I hit 900 miles for the year today. :) I'll get that fcuking 1000 mile challenge next year, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

How close did you get the last two years?

Between 950 and 1000 in both cases. My excuse this year is the fact that i basically had 3 months of no running at all and probably about another 2 where I was building up again after injury or illness.

• Advertisement

HTFU in 2012 and you should hit the 1k by August. :D

HTFU in 2012 and you should hit the 1k by August. :D

That's the plan, it's making the very big "no injury/illness" assumption though! :eek:

Plan for today - 5 miles easy. Did 8km this evening after spending the late afternoon doing my Christmas baking, average pace 6.03/km, average HR 147 / max 168. Got a nasty reminder of the existence of the Firhouse Wind Tunnel too, gotta love having the last 2km of your run uphill into a headwind...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

At least you only have to experience the wind tunnel every so often these days.

Another 5 wet, windy miles today - average pace 5.54/km, average HR 156 / max 174. Almost decided to spend the afternoon on the couch watching kids movies instead, but glad I went out. My family does Christmas dinner this evening, so had to go work up a nice appetite for my turkey and ham :D

• Advertisement

Tallaght Goal Mile - 6.42. :D

Pretty chuffed with that - was aiming for sub-7, and got that. Wind really didn't help - strong headwind down the home straight on the track, spent most of the first 3 laps tucked in behind a big guy who was going at a similar pace to me. Went out a bit too fast though - went through 800 (809?) in 3.10, so really slowed in the second half!

3.6km run up and back to the clubhouse, that leaves me on 8.8km for the day. Now for chocolate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

Tallaght Goal Mile - 6.42. :D
    Nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on the goal mile!

Plan for today - 5 miles easy. Garmin was dead when I got up, so just went out anyway and ran a loop I know is pretty much exactly 8km. Enjoyed that - less wind (and a bit less drink last night!) than the last few days anyway so that made things a bit easier!

Now to hit the sales with de mammy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on the goal mile, great time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

6.42 :eek: Wow RK that's brilliant, well done mrs.

Best of luck in 2012, you deserve an injury/illness free year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good time in the miler J

Skipped the last 2 days due to having a crappy cold that's taking its time to clear, but got back out this morning in the rain (way to make this cold worse :pac: ). 11km done, 6.06/km average pace, left the HRM strap in my mam's house so won't have that for a few days. Good to be back out, even if the cold still isn't fully clear.

Did 13.7km in the park today, had company and ended up going slightly faster than I would have done otherwise :pac: Average pace was 5.34/km, so somewhere in between marathon and HM pace... not entirely intentional! Didn't feel too bad though, and the cold is definitely on the way out anyway :)

Finished the year on 936.4 miles - third year in a row where I have failed to make 1,000. 2012 has GOT to be a better year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Finished the year on 936.4 miles - third year in a row where I have failed to make 1,000. 2012 has GOT to be a better year.

But look at how many miles you did do - 936.4 with all your illness and injury! Thats some achievement RK, dont lose sight of that.

• Advertisement

Somewhere around 8km yesterday - Garmin died about halfway through the run (ran up to the finish area of the Tom Brennan 5k).

Planned run for today was also 5 miles - took it easy as my last two days have been slightly quicker than intended. 8km, 6.16/km average pace. Took a little bit of motivation to get myself off the couch, tbh :pac:

Missed my planned session the last couple of days - a friend's birthday party on Tuesday (which I was reminded of at the last minute) and the generally **** weather last night put paid to that. Got out for my planned 6 miles this evening anyway, a hair over 10km covered in a little less than an hour, 5.56/km average pace, average HR 150 / max 174. Enjoyed that, thankfully much less wind and no horrible rain tonight! :)

Plan for this evening - 4 miles easy. Covered 6.7km, average pace 5.54/km, average HR 152 / max 187 (bit of a spike at the start, running easy pace to Heuston does not cause my HR to hit the 180s! :pac: ). Grand soft evening for it too, headwind and rain into my face for the first 2 miles makes for a charming Friday evening's work. Still probably better than watching Liverpool find their scoring boots though!

Session today - planned was 2 mile warmup + 3xmile @ 5 mile pace with 4 min recovery. Made a slight mistake in choosing to do this at the polo grounds - very boggy and mucky underfoot, and very draining on the legs! Mile reps were 7.58, 8.14, 8.19 - but an equivalent road or track effort would have been much faster because it was very hard to avoid sliding all over the place at some points. I'm still quite happy with that, tbh - the effort was what I wanted, and I wasn't about to suddenly think of somewhere else to do the session when I was in the right place for it mentally. Adding in warm-up and cooldown, 9.8km covered today.

Plan for today - 10 miles easy. Only had a limited window to get this done before the Man U match so out early. 16.41km covered, average pace 5.45/km, average HR 162 and a whopper of a spike early on to give a max of 243 :pac:

Need to slow these runs down, I should be running this type of run at more like 6-6.15/km pace rather than 5.45, particularly when I had quite a bit of red wine last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Any goal races planned RK? You're training is going great at the min.

Raheny 5 is the main goal at the moment. Undecided after that - would like a couple more 5k/10k during the spring, and considering a half in the early summer (Limerick or Cork depending how things are going).

claralara wrote: »
    Any goal races planned RK? You're training is going great at the min.

She's doing the Limerick Half, no choice in the matter :p

She's doing the Limerick Half, no choice in the matter :p

There's always a choice. Cork it is :pac::p

• Advertisement

Ah new year, take your scheduled rest day as planned and you're on page 5. :pac:

Plan for today - 5 miles easy. Ran 8km, average pace 5.55/km, average HR 144 / max 176. Took me a while to drag myself out for this, the couch seemed particularly inviting tonight - but glad I did in the end.

Advertisement