Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    It's okay, I found them!
    They're not hard to find :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Nules10 wrote: »
    well done rk great run. That was me hollering at you coming up to the finish :)

Me too, the least you could have done is stop for a chat! :D

Welcome back!

Yoga class last night, had quite a good stretch and did some hip-opening poses - always something I need! :eek:

Plan for this evening was 4 miles easy. Did the usual 6.8km loop, average pace 6.10/km, average HR 142 / max 167. Not much to report here, just the usual bog-standard Tuesday evening easy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Congrats on the 5k. Good to finish 2011 on a high after the ITBS c**p.

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 2 miles @ MP, 1 mile easy. 6.55km covered, average pace overall 5.49/km, average pace for the MP bit ~5.40/km, average HR 149 / max 171.

Was encouraged by a certain person to go for my run rather than watch the second half of the Man U match. This may have been a good idea. :pac:

• Advertisement

Plan for this evening - 4 miles easy. Did 7km @ 6.12/km average pace, average HR 141 / max 158. Surprised my HR wasn't higher due to pure rage, while waiting at the lights near Heuston Station a group of teenagers walked past and one of them decided to make a few smutty remarks in my direction and hit me on the arse with a stick... would have burst the little fcuker if he wasn't with a few of his mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

and hit me on the arse with a stick...

did it make you run faster :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Little fcuker is right :mad::mad: imagine what lovely delightful adult he will grow into grrrrr :mad: I am so anti teenagers at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

... would have burst the little fcuker if he wasn't with a few of his mates.

:mad: I don't think I'd have been able to stop myself myself even if it meant getting a smack in the face as well as the arse :mad: little sh1ts

That would defeat the point of an easy run :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

That would defeat the point of an easy run :pac:

I feel your pain...and anger. Oh the memories.....

hit me on the arse with a stick

Would you not take it as a compliment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the Jingle Bells. Didnt get to see you there, I started at the back of the field, helping out on a bit of pacing. Are you heading to Reillys tomorrow night?

Aimman wrote: »
    Are you heading to Reillys tomorrow night?

Of course :)

Aimman wrote: »
    Well done on the Jingle Bells. Didnt get to see you there, I started at the back of the field, helping out on a bit of pacing. Are you heading to Reillys tomorrow night?
    Of course :)

Does the pope sh1t in the woods?

Missed my planned session yesterday due to heading down to Waterford, so no excuses this morning. Realised while coming to the end of the run that I needed to hurry up to get back to watch the European cross-country championships, so the end of the run turned into a bit of a progression run! 12.31km covered, average overall pace 5.55/km, average HR 155 / max 174. Totally worth it too to see Fionnuala Britton bring home a gold medal :D:D:D

No run on my plan for today, so headed over to a pilates class. Improvers, taught by a guy who looked like a gymnast - this is gonna hurt tomorrow :pac:

taught by a guy who looked like a gymnast - this is gonna hurt tomorrow :pac:

what did he make you do? :p

what did he make you do? :p

Lots of core work, duh :pac:

Wanted to get this run over and done with this morning, but opening the curtains at 7am and hearing roaring wind and seeing a horrible mess of wintry stuff made me curl back under the covers for another while! Eventually dragged myself out for the planned 5 easy miles this evening. Forgot to charge the Garmin, and it conked out just after the start of the run, so just did an out and back that I know is roughly 8km in total. Felt good, pretty relaxed despite the wind and cold - enjoyed that run in the end :)

• Advertisement

Plan for today - 2 miles easy, 2 miles HMP, 2 miles easy. Did 9.65km in total, HMP bits at ~5.30/km average pace, overall average pace for the run was 5.51/km. Stomach was a bit ropey towards the end of the run, not sure whether that's due to impending shark week or the fact that people in work keep availing of Tesco deals on various kinds of sweets and leaving them lying around for anyone to take :pac:

It's a while since I've gotten close to an hour of running on a week night. I like it. :)

Ended up having to swap around yesterday's 5 mile easy run and today's rest day due to feeling like absolute crap yesterday. Just under 8km covered this evening (cut slightly short due to time constraints, mate has a table booked at Mulligan's for 8.30 :pac: ), average pace 5.53/km, average HR 144 / max 168. Nice run, but holy crap it's cold out tonight! Time to go put the beer jacket on :D

Plan for today - 2 miles easy, 6*(1 min hard, 1 min easy), 2 miles easy. Took me half the morning and a bit of the afternoon to get my arse off the couch, but glad I did because it's really nice out. Average pace overall for the run 5.47/km, total distance covered 9km, average HR 156 / max 175.

Btw, heading back to de mammy's this evening, and doing 10 miles early tomorrow (sloooow :pac: ), if anyone up that way wants to join me - give me a shout. :)

If someone had told me after Barcelona that it would have taken more than 9 months to get back to running double-digit mileage again, I would have laughed at them. Not laughing now :pac: Plan for today was 10 miles easy, and at first today it felt like the weather was conspiring against me when I went out and saw a thick layer of frost all over everything. Decided then that I'd skip the Liverpool match and go for my run in the afternoon instead. Finally headed out just after said Liverpool match kicked off, and managed to get the appropriate distance covered :D

16.2km covered in 1:34:19 (there was a little out-and-back at the end to make bloody sure I got over the 10 miles :pac: ), average pace 5.49/km (a little faster than intended :pac: ) and average HR 152 / max 174. Feet up now and looking for a favour from Arsenal, very happy with that run. :D

Missed yesterday's run due to spending way too much time Christmas shopping (which I'm still not finished, need to go back into town this afternoon :mad: ), will probably replace Friday's rest day with that scheduled 5 miles easy instead. Plan for today was a nice bit of a session - 2 miles easy, 2 miles MP, 1 mile HMP, 800m 10k pace, 2 miles easy. Started out slowly, thinking "meh, this is going to be crap, MEH". Felt a lot better once I got to the MP miles and started stretching things out a bit. Made a slight route judgement error which resulted in the last km covered at HMP being downhill and the entire 800m at 10k pace being uphill - the perceived efforts were different, but my Garmin tells me that they were at roughly the same pace... Found it relatively hard to slow down after this, and the last 2 easy miles weren't exactly at easy pace, but they didn't feel particularly hard either. Overall distance covered 12.23km, average overall pace 5.42/km, average HR 163 / max 188.

^ told you to do it on the polo grounds :p

^ told you to do it on the polo grounds :p

You hardly think I'm going to listen to everything you say, now do you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hi Rainbow,
    Did i meet you in the Park today, up between Farmleigh & Ordinance survey entrances. I was wearing green jacket(probably looked very uncomfortable but thats another story) and gave you a wave...your face looked familiar and i only met you briefly after DCM in the pub... well i think it was you!

Quite possibly, I was wearing a sky blue DCM '10 t-shirt, royal blue shorts and white compression socks. I probably had a similar level of discomfort on my face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

yep twas you...i noted the DCM Top from 2010 and no discomfort showing:D

I'll use your name next time!!!:D

Advertisement