Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 3 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 30/04/11

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Just got around to getting this up.

I have some more vids to put up, but thanks to the usual Irish isp upload speeds, I'm gonna ask for your patience while I get them up.
    I do need some help with the names of the people I played in the knockout stages. (Cody and Bison players)

Thanks.

You got my name right!! THANK YOU :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No disrespect to anybody I played, but I seriously don't remember ever playing so badly in my life! So many dropped combos, I even dropped headbutt>Ultra I don't know how many times.

Welcome to the world of tournament pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

"Welcome", he says! Well I don't like it, hmph!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

God damn. That last ****ing round XD

I'll get the results up fully tomorrow - been a bit all over the place here for the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Tell me about it. Winners is ok but once your in losers and its you lose=your out... I completely fell apart. After my match with silver steez I went to make a cigarette and my hand was visibly shaking.Im a pretty calm person and exams, job interviews and things like that don't stress me out but SF tournaments....:eek:

ggs to everyone, thanks to sairus for organising once again and see ye all at the next one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

"Welcome", he says! Well I don't like it, hmph!
    mackg wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Winners is ok but once your in losers and its you lose=your out... I completely fell apart. After my match with silver steez I went to make a cigarette and my hand was visibly shaking.Im a pretty calm person and exams, job interviews and things like that don't stress me out but SF tournaments....:eek:

ggs to everyone, thanks to sairus for organising once again and see ye all at the next one.

Yeah it's a rush though. Wait til the first time you take down someone who used to be out of your league... you'll be hooked then.

SF can be enjoyed in loads of ways but sitting at home being an online warrior is so far removed from the buzz of a good tournament it's like 2 different games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtkjjW-pULI&t=6m50s

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This video should teach you some 'Rog tricks, Chris.

5:15 especially ;)

Last vid of the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Sairus wrote: »
    All going well we'll be moving to a much cheaper venue this month.
    Cheaper venue means more bigger prize money!

sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Woops! Just realised I totally forgot to post up the full results for this! :pac:

1st : D4RK ONION
    2nd: Sairus
    3rd: Chris IWS
    4th: Silver Steez
    5th: Shokashi
    5th: MackG
    6th: Seanalot
    6th: VizardAnto

Cheers again to everyone who turned up - I very much enjoyed this one - and especially thanks to the Dublin guys for making the long trip down.
    Cheers as well for those video's Chris! Really nice quality on them too :D

The seed list and everyone's current points for Tempest 4 is as follows:

seedt4.png

Advertisement