Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 3 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 30/04/11

Options
  • 03-04-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Round 3! FIGHT!

Two months in a row! Shocking! :pac:
    As is the norm, the Newport Bar's upstairs will play host to Cork's foremost Super Street Fighter 4 tournament.

Entry is €10 to the tournament.
    Casuals and registration start at 11.00. The tournament will start at 12.00.

Like last time, this tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s. Sorry all you PS3 boyos. Now might be a good time to invest in a converter.
    There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.
    Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

Finally, this event will be seeded based on the results from last months tourney. Seed list is currently:

1st – Sairus
    2nd – Shokashi
    3rd – VizardAnto
    4th – Future Guy
    5th – Misty Chaos
    6th – Silver Steeez
    7th – Mack
    8th – Seanalot

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I should be there, if only to continue the rivalary between me and Seanalot. :)

I'll be able to supply my xbox again like last time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I'm in for this and maybe let futureguy get his revenge on me ? :) btw how is the seeding gonna work? I know how the majors and evo do it but with a small group not sure how it would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Count me in :)

VizardAnto wrote: »
    btw how is the seeding gonna work? I know how the majors and evo do it but with a small group not sure how it would work?
    Seeds are just used to split up the top ranked players so they don't knock each other out at the start of the tournament.

In a small group setting the groups just get doubled up with seeds. If there are 4 groups, then they'll be seeded as follows:
    1st - 8th
    2nd - 7th
    3rd - 6th
    4th - 5th

If there's 3 groups then it'll run like:
    1st - 8th
    2nd - 5th - 7th
    3rd - 4th - 6th

I'm not 100% on the 3 group setup, I'll make sure before the event though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hope to make it down again!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Trying to get down to this one. Working out logistics at the mo..... I hope to anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

il be there no xbox this time thou, RRoD last week:(. Will be rusty to put it mildly considering how much i usually play. Free wins anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

It's my birthday, so I'll be giving this one a miss also. Tempest 4 ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

I'll try my best to make it to this. My dumb EX2 has a faulty wire somewhere, keeps disconnecting in the middle of games. Hope it doesn't mess up my day. :(

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »
    Anyway thought i'd let you know, if you're interested then i can either give you the guys number or sort it out myself or maybe you might wanna check it out yourself.
    Send me on the number lad! That sounds pretty damn good! :D

So i was in town today and i was talkin to a friend of a friend who is actually in charge of that old 'FÁS' building across the bridge from grand parade. I asked him about renting the place for the day and he said "To rent for the entire day it would cost only €20"!biggrin.gif.

There isn't any tv's or anything its basically a big empty room. There is also a projector there. Anyway it would be suitable for any tournament and cheap!

Anyway thought i'd let you know, if you're interested then i can either give you the guys number or sort it out myself or maybe you might wanna check it out yourself.

Sairus wrote: »
    Send me on the number lad! That sounds pretty damn good! :D

Okay i delted my msg because i was gonna start a new thread or watever just for sum casuals meet ups coz the venue is cheap as f**k.

Okay ill pm the number to you. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

WasterEx wrote: »
    Okay i delted my msg because i was gonna start a new thread or watever just for sum casuals meet ups coz the venue is cheap as f**k so it wud be lyk 2euro each or sumthin for the day.

Okay ill pm the number to you. =)

the deal is nice I think maybe you should make another thread to see how many people would be interested to set up casuals, I would like it instead of waiting a whole month to play ppl again.oh ya plus this thread is for the tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

I'm in. It's time to settle this beef!

gg to everyone I played last time. Except misty chaos, who cheated somehow. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think it's high time you got some proper top 8 representation down in Cork to show you lot how it's done.

So I've asked Bush to go.

Only kidding, but myself and AJ are hoping to appear. Might drag the recording gear if asked nicely.

Good stuff. I'll be damned if I'm letting ye ***** waltz down here and steal our glory though.
    It'd be great if you could lug down the haupage if ye're coming, but be prepared to bring it back to Dublin knowing it's full of videos of you getting hammered around the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

seanalot wrote: »
    I'm in. It's time to settle this beef!

gg to everyone I played last time. Except misty chaos, who cheated somehow. :D

Well I've got good news for you; I've recently brought my first stick and am currently getting my head around using it so theres a good chance I'll still be free come Tempest 3.

That also means I'll be giving back that Fightpad you gave me, Sai.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

count me in, (plotting revenge on Sai)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    Good stuff. I'll be damned if I'm letting ye ***** waltz down here and steal our glory though....... be prepared to bring it back to Dublin knowing it's full of videos of you getting hammered around the shop.

Yes, thats right. 7 straight victories to take it ;)

Get HYPE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Since I'm missing Belfast, I should defo be down for this.

How you doing for equipment? I can bring my Xbox and assuming there's no objections I was thinking we could pop into the Exchange and bring some of the community monitors.

There's been between 5 and 3 setups at the last two events, there's been a few dodgy montiors/TVs in use though. Any stuff you could bring would be just lovely! :D
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Yes, thats right. 7 straight victories to take it
    Shup.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think it's high time you got some proper top 8 representation down in Cork to show you lot how it's done.

So I've asked Bush to go.

Only kidding, but myself and AJ are hoping to appear. Might drag the recording gear if asked nicely.

Inferno top 8 will be nicely represented so, I'll be attending too. See you there Doomy boy. MvC3 money match?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Inferno top 8 will be nicely represented so, I'll be attending too. See you there Doomy boy. MvC3 money match?

Indeed you will. You'll have to get through Oni AJ to get to me though, he's really picked up his game :D

BTW- why would I money match in a game I don't even play?

psyche

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well I'll be competing in a tournament for a game I don't play anymore, I don't see the difference ;)

Don't y'all be forgetting this is on this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You can't book tickets for the train to Cork.

What the hell is up with that?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Nobody likes Cork?

Too many people like Cork. It wouldn't be fair to let people pre-book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's looking like I have to work on Saturday which is a pity as my DeeJay has levelled up a huge amount since last time*

*No it hasn't, with all the MK, I'll probably try to block by pressing the fierce punch button!

Advertisement