Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 3 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 30/04/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Chopper - onion says that you should be able to book tickets to cork? Have you put in heuston to cork? Weird if it won't let ya. We're on some wifi at the motorway services so can't check at the mo.

i've never been to cork before. SO EXCITING! Cork better live up to mah expectations now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's like taipei crossed with carrick on shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Train tickets are booked. We're getting the 08:00 train from Heuston.

Getting the 20:30 train home, so people better be up for food/drink after the tournie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Getting the 20:30 train home, so people better be up for food/drink after the tournie.
    Psh, as soon as I win your money I'm cutting the lot of you loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »
    Psh, as soon as I win your money I'm cutting the lot of you loose.

That's just so you can go to another room and do your comic genius routine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

the beauty of the thing is its on in a pub.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was totally right, wasn't I? :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I was totally right, wasn't I? :D

The website was explicitly telling me that tickets could not be reserved, then it sorted itself about fifteen minutes later.

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/paul_street_shopping_centre/cork/

Here's a handy link for anyone driving to this tomorrow. The venue is on the corner of Paul Street and French Chruch Street - just south of the No.1 car park.

Powering Through!

• Advertisement

Some quick results:

1st: D4rk Onion
    2nd: Sairus
    3rd: Chris IWS

I've finally been dethroned! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Had fun today, dissapointed with my own performance but sure what can ye do:pac:. GGs everyone. Cheers for hosting Sai

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

No disrespect to anybody I played, but I seriously don't remember ever playing so badly in my life! So many dropped combos, I even dropped headbutt>Ultra I don't know how many times.

Anyway, GGs to all, had a good time. Here's to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to all today. Didn't do too well but then again, it was my first tournament where I used stick so I was kind of expecting it.

Roll on the next Tempest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Can I just say that driving from Dublin to Cork is like, the most boring journey EVER? Seriously painful. Though the eh... wonderful singing along to Avril Lavigne by a few unnamed FGers certainly brightened up the journey home ;)

I loved the venue, pity it won't be there anymore. That could just be because the food was amazing though. Nom nom nom :p

Orim wrote: »
    Powering Through!

Not my best move :o

Good stuff today lads, I was just way too tired for hype. Makoto tournament win was gdlk though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GGs to everyone, Sairus in particular, we had two pretty intense battles. Low tier won it out in the end though.

First 1st place ever \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

ok crap i missed another one.just discovered the follow thread button.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Konata wrote: »
    Can I just say that driving from Dublin to Cork is like, the most boring journey EVER? Seriously painful. Though the eh... wonderful singing along to Avril Lavigne by a few unnamed FGers certainly brightened up the journey home ;)

I loved the venue, pity it won't be there anymore. That could just be because the food was amazing though. Nom nom nom :p

I loved the venue, pity it won't be there anymore.?

goodjay wrote: »
    I loved the venue, pity it won't be there anymore.?

All going well we'll be moving to a much cheaper venue this month.
    Cheaper venue means more bigger prize money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sorry I couldn't make it down lads.

Congrats to D4RK ONION. Would like to think it's all that Glacial League training (yes, I know he moved to Dublin aaaages ago but still :D)

🤪

Best drive home ever!

Good stuff on running the tournament Sairus and hopefully the new venue goes well.

Just got around to getting this up.

I have some more vids to put up, but thanks to the usual Irish isp upload speeds, I'm gonna ask for your patience while I get them up.
    I do need some help with the names of the people I played in the knockout stages. (Cody and Bison players)

Thanks.

Cody is Shokashi.

One of the Bisons was Seanalot, I think you played him first in brackets.
    Dunno the other. I'm sure Sai can fill in the blanks.

Cody is Shokashi.

One of the Bisons was Seanalot, I think you played him first in brackets.
    Dunno the other. I'm sure Sai can fill in the blanks.
    Yeah, I played Seanalot in pools, but my brother didn't record any of the pools games, sorry guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Other bison player name is 'SilverSteez'

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Yeah, I played Seanalot in pools, but my brother didn't record any of the pools games, sorry guys.

Seanalot got into brackets and I think you played him there. Unless there was 3 Bisons in brackets. God Azza will explode.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Other bison player name is 'SilverSteez'
    Thanks WasterEx. I know he was mad at how our game ended. :(

Seanalot got into brackets and I think you played him there. Unless there was 3 Bisons in brackets. God Azza will explode.
    Nah, I was in the same pool as Seanalot, and I'm pretty positive I didn't play him twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Yeah that bison player was me , my user name here is my gamertag. Haha i wouldn't say mad , disappointed maybe was expecting bison to stand up i thought i got a hit in he'd had enough i guess .That game will be fun to watch if u can upload it some time. gg's to everyone i played had some close ones , something about sf where nearly every game ends up in the last round of the last match !

Advertisement