Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 01/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Its great to see an Irish person doing well for them self and the usual Irish begrudger following.

I don't care where anyone is from. It's based on merit, or the sheer jawdropping lack of it, that was an utter abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Its great to see an Irish person doing well for them self and the usual Irish begrudger following.

I think you're in the wrong place buddy. This is all about a laugh and a p!sstake. We take a pop at everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭furiousox

Keith Barry?
    Didn't he make an entire telecom company disappear?
    Now that's magic!

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anniemags

Shocking, Ryan is not cut out for interviewing and dealing with live tv, he cranks up the cringe factor every time. The way he ran back to his desk without so much as a comment about the weird mind reading rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

In fairness that "act" performed by Barry at the end was pure shoite.

You didn't actually think it was any good, did you?

It's left most of us on here scratching our heads. Most bizaare - maybe you can explain the "trick" to us????

• Advertisement

The funniest bit was when Keith said that his hand was actually shaking. Of course it's shaking Keith, you were whacked in the face with a lot of force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I think you're in the wrong place buddy. This is all about a laugh and a p!sstake. We take a pop at everyone

Your right buddy i am in the wrong place,where would be best for me?

Back with your Deise American hybrid people

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't care where anyone is from. It's based on merit, or the sheer jawdropping lack of it, that was an utter abomination.

It really was awful. I don't especially mind Keith Barry but are people actually expected to applaud that sort of crap just because he's an Irish guy thrifting a few bob.. feck that for a game of toy soldiers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Late Late Show audience?

Ry-ann's dressing room

Waterford? (the best county in the whole county because you are from there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It would even make Alan Partridge cringe.

<======= The crap magic forum is that way.......

It really was awful. I don't especially mind Keith Barry but are people actually expected to applaud that sort of crap just because he's an Irish guy thrifting a few bob.. feck that for a game of toy soldiers.

Different strokes for different folks,just because you didnt like it,it doesnt mean everyone did.

Did you like it?

amdublin wrote: »
    The Late Late Show audience?

Ry-ann's dressing room

Waterford? (the best county in the whole county because you are from there)

Im banned from the Waterford forum :D

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Did you like it?

Yes i did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Different strokes for different folks,just because you didnt like it,it doesnt mean everyone did.

But your argument seems to be that we must like it because he is Irish :confused:

If we don't like it we are just begrudgers or some rubbish...

How about we don't like it because it is just cr@p. Irish or not.

:confused:

But did you actually think it was any good????

Could you please explain the whole trick to me?

What was it all about? Did what was suposed to happen actually happen?

Yes i did.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭furiousox

Glenn Ponder & Ferrari are opening next week's show.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    But your argument seems to be that we must like it because he is Irish :confused:

If we don't like it we are just begrudgers or some rubbish...

How about we don't like it because it is just cr@p. Irish or not.

:confused:

True,i dont have an argument,its an opinion and everyone has an opinion etc....

It was actually funnier than when Alan Partridge accidentally shot Sir Peregrine with one of his pistol collection, and that's saying something. That whack across the face that Keith hadn't factored in will go down in Irish legend. I agree with Mr Bacon that it was enjoyable. It was wonderful car crash tv.

I'm curious to see what is being said on his facebook fan page but I haven't been able to bring myself to 'like' it in order to view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah.. that's fair enough. I just hate when the begrudgery word is used as a shillelagh to beat anyone who doesn't find things entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If Keith Barry wasn't on tonight's show then it would have gone down as the worst LLS in recent memory. But his utter awfulness and the confusion of wtf was going on made it classic car crash tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

YES it is. And not one to take the piss out of.:mad:

On reflection, I'd agree with you.

I've deleted my previous post.

Look yes i do agree that it wasnt his best performance,and yes maybe i do like him because he is from the same street as me,whats wrong with supporting your own?,he is not doing any harm he is doing what he always wanted to do,Keith started doing magic in a restaurant in Waterford in his teens,it was a dream he had to be a magician and he became one.

Ok he might not to be to everybodys liking but so what,but he is out there making a name for himself,and fairplay to him,he wanted to be someone when he was child and now he is.He is living his dream so good luck to him.

Look yes i do agree that it wasnt his best performance,and yes maybe i do like him because he is from the same street as me,whats wrong with supporting your own?,he is not doing any harm he is doing what he always wanted to do,Keith started doing magic in a restaurant in Waterford in his teens,it was a dream he had to be a magician and he became one.

Ok he might not to be to everybodys liking but so what,but he is out there making a name for himself,and fairplay to him,he wanted to be someone when he was child and now he is.He is living his dream so good luck to him.

You can't polish a turd ;)

95% of his facebook page fans seem to think it was amazing, lol.
    facebook wrote:
    You said you learned how to do that trick after the accident with your leg 4 years ago...but you done that trick in tralee in 2005...its on one of your DVDs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

buckets of jizz on the vincent brown show, priceless ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement