Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

People on this thread be like:

Suits+source+30+rock_654e27_4766707.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

endacl wrote: »
    It's also my uniform when slobbing about on a Saturday afternoon, heading to the gym, doing a bit of work around the garden.

I'm an adult, btw. Have been for years. Sometimes I even cycle in my tracksuit.

Skanger.

I was being facetious in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dc2

My Cube Agree GTC Race stolen from outside Ritchies in Swords today . (Not Ritchies fault by the way). See photo attached. Took my eye off it for 30 seconds while in the shop - a guy just came up took it and rode off on it. Couldnt believe it. Have done the same thing hundreds of times before when calling into the shop.

Please keep any eye out and pm me with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

dc2 wrote: »
    My Cube Agree GTC Race stolen from outside Ritchies in Swords today . (Not Ritchies fault by the way). See photo attached. Took my eye off it for 30 seconds while in the shop - a guy just came up took it and rode off on it. Couldnt believe it. Have done the same thing hundreds of times before when calling into the shop.

Gorgeous bike.. sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Any CCTV locally. ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dc2

CCTV footage from Ritchies camera is with the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dochreidte2015

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster...and REALLY hoped I wouldn't be posting here.

An opportunistic thief stole my 2012 Trek 1.2 (red and white) from the offices at the back of Baggot Street; just off Pembroke Street/ Windsor place in Dublin 2. This morning between 9am and 1pm.

I can't post pictures as I'm a newbie.

As with all bikes, it was like an extension of myself. I used it all the time for commuting and charity cycles and clearing my head. I'm already missing it.

If anyone spots it around please let me know.

Thanks. Safe cycling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Trek_1.2_168843.png

dochreidte2015 bike has a few more scratches and is "worn in" a lot more

Has 2 water bottle cages and a handlebar bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster...and REALLY hoped I wouldn't be posting here.

An opportunistic thief stole my 2012 Trek 1.2 (red and white) from the offices at the back of Baggot Street; just off Pembroke Street/ Windsor place in Dublin 2. This morning between 9am and 1pm.

As with all bikes, it was like an extension of myself. I used it all the time for commuting and charity cycles and clearing my head. I'm already missing it.

If anyone spots it around please let me know.

Thanks. Safe cycling.
    sorry for your troubles dochreidte2015, my mate had his steed stolen from work & at the time he was p***ed off no end. he commented that he preferred his car be stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dochreidte2015

Thanks. Yeah very annoyed. Haven't seen it for sale in usual places. Missing it (not just as I had to get Dublin Bikes home) and I just know they won't love it or care for it. Also- it's mine!

Forgot there's also a saddle bag.

Hopefully something will turn up. I don't like buses!

And I never got to say goodbye or thanks to it :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Hello all, just throwing this up here asking for everyone to keep their eyes out for these two bikes stolen Monday night Tuesday morning from the stepaside/glencullen area.
    They belong to my brother and his girlfriend, they only finished a cycle around ireland last week on these bikes raising thousands for charity so it's a real kick in the teeth for this to happen now.

Any info don't hesitate to contact me, a nice few quid involved if any info results in finding them. Or more importantly the people who robbed them.:mad:

They both now have 2 bottle holders and the giant has a saddle bag.
    White giant defy racer
    2e5ukvl.jpg

Fuji finest Al racer
    2l97iaq.jpg

Thanks

Thanks. Yeah very annoyed. Haven't seen it for sale in usual places. Missing it (not just as I had to get Dublin Bikes home) and I just know they won't love it or care for it. Also- it's mine!

Forgot there's also a saddle bag.

Hopefully something will turn up. I don't like buses!

And I never got to say goodbye or thanks to it :-(
    as well as the usual selling sites, dont forget the guards website, you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Our bikes can't all be shipped out to Eastern Euro Countries... I checked the place on Parnell st a few times but everything he has outside is pure muck.. they're obviously not dumb enough to leave the nice stuff in plain sight.. I did see a few bikes with D-Locks still attached though..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jimbis wrote: »
    Hello all, just throwing this up here asking for everyone to keep their eyes out for these two bikes stolen Monday night Tuesday morning from the stepaside/glencullen area.
    They belong to my brother and his girlfriend, they only finished a cycle around ireland last week on these bikes raising thousands for charity so it's a real kick in the teeth for this to happen now.

Any info don't hesitate to contact me, a nice few quid involved if any info results in finding them. Or more importantly the people who robbed them.:mad:

They both now have 2 bottle holders and the giant has a saddle bag.
    White giant defy racer
    2e5ukvl.jpg

Fuji finest Al racer
    2l97iaq.jpg

Thanks
    Same bike as mine on top there, will definitely notice it if it passes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Guys,

Just wanna give an update on places bikes are being sold. We are well
    aware of adverts and donedeal however, facebook has now the Groups that are Buy and Sell within your county and Jumble sales. These places have been hot with stolen goods and its obvious they're stolen. Please do join the groups and have a look oiut for your own and others bikes if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I have noticed a nice enough looking bmx that is locked near my house in a pretty unusual place. Makes me think its been nicked and left in this out of the way location until it has been sold. There are no houses in its immediate vicinity - locked to a fence of a local park on a road with no houses on it.. opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

granty1987 wrote: »
    I have noticed a nice enough looking bmx that is locked near my house in a pretty unusual place.
    I had a clapped out BMX I used to leave locked in an odd place. It was an "emergency bike", I used to loan the keys to friends, just to get around to each others houses when we were younger. I used to have it locked in college too just to get around the campus quicker. It would have been locked for months at a time, don't even remember what happened to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I have noticed a nice enough looking bmx that is locked near my house in a pretty unusual place. Makes me think its been nicked and left in this out of the way location until it has been sold. There are no houses in its immediate vicinity - locked to a fence of a local park on a road with no houses on it.. opinions?

i noticed a new looking giant(maybe defy 3) locked to railings on the coast road coming from howth the other day with a terrible lock on it. nobody was around and it caught my eye. about 1 km up the road on the opposite side was a squad car parked up with 2 garda in it. not sure if it was related but it looked like a set up

Thargor wrote: »
    Same bike as mine on top there, will definitely notice it if it passes me.

*UPDATE*
    We got these back on Sunday. With thanks to it being shared on sites and Facebook, a friend of a friend of a friend spotted the bikes in his job. Two lads had bought them from some other lad for €300 :rolleyes:
    Anyway we swiftly went up and took them back.

Still in the process of finding out who originally took them and make sure they don't do it again;). But the main thing is the bikes are back.

Thanks all for keeping the eyes peeled.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Opinions on whether it's been stolen? That's not for any of us to determine. If you have any suspicions take them to AGS and don't post them here - this is not the place to speculate on such matters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

*UPDATE*
    We got these back on Sunday. With thanks to it being shared on sites and Facebook, a friend of a friend of a friend spotted the bikes in his job. Two lads had bought them from some other lad for €300 :rolleyes:
    Very strange that the two bikes managed to stick together through a resale? Delighted that you got them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

*UPDATE*

Still in the process of finding out who originally took them and make sure they don't do it again;). But the main thing is the bikes are back.

That's very nice to hear and I'm glad for you!

I was just wondering about your trip around Ireland - did you follow any specific set of guidelines that may be available online or somewhere. I was also wondering about the costs associated with staying around different B&Bs and that. Any info would be appreciated :)

RainyDay wrote: »
    Very strange that the two bikes managed to stick together through a resale? Delighted that you got them back.
    I'm a bit sceptical on the whole story behind how the bikes ended up there to be honest. For now the important thing is we got them back but I won't be leaving it there...
    Einstein? wrote: »
    That's very nice to hear and I'm glad for you!

I was just wondering about your trip around Ireland - did you follow any specific set of guidelines that may be available online or somewhere. I was also wondering about the costs associated with staying around different B&Bs and that. Any info would be appreciated :)

It was my brother and his girlfriend that done the cycle, it was with the charity Cycle4causes. They hold it one a year so might be worth checking out there site.
    Hoping to do it myself next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

*UPDATE*

Were the two lads that bought them innocent pawns in the whole situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

link_2007 wrote: »

They paid €300 for those two bikes?

Innocent, me hole...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CCTV footage from Ritchies camera is with the Gardai.

As a matter of interest dc2, I presume it was you who sent me this via Audax Ireland, hope you don't mind me throwing it up here as a point of conversation, I was shocked when I read it:
    The annoying thing is that I got CCTV footage from the shop and it was with the Gardai in Swords within 10 mins of the robbery. They said they know the guy – so I say great you’ll be able to get my bike back so. No – that’s not how it works. They called to his house later that evening. He was not there. They called again 2 days later. Still not there. Then they tell me my bike has probably been moved on long ago so I might as well forget about it!! End of story. Seems crazy. – and they still haven’t tracked him down to even prosecute him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

CramCycle wrote: »
    As a matter of interest dc2, I presume it was you who sent me this via Audax Ireland, hope you don't mind me throwing it up here as a point of conversation, I was shocked when I read it:

Id take that to the Garda ombudsman myself. Inept, not doing their job and almost guaranteeing the thief will strike again.

link_2007 wrote: »
    endacl wrote: »
    They paid €300 for those two bikes?

Innocent, me hole...

They claim they were innocent.....:rolleyes: but they weren't getting any sympathy from us. I don't want to get into too much on here but we will get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They claim they were innocent.....:rolleyes: but they weren't getting any sympathy from us. I don't want to get into too much on here but we will get to the bottom of it.

Innocent of the theft, perhaps, but cnuts won't rob bikes if other cnuts won't buy them.

Cnuts. Did I mention they're cnuts?

• Advertisement

those who buy blatantly stolen bikes are as gulity of stealing them as the cnuts who actually steal them, they should all be treated the with the same contempt as people who kill puppies & kittens!

Advertisement