Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanies_show

ted1 wrote:
    It wasn't take from the oval was it?

No ted1. It was Simmonscourt Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No ted1. It was Simmonscourt Road.

Thanks, thought it might have been our car park, nine the less I'll give our security a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chris -cage

This happened way back in September of last year but it's worth a try...

My bike was stolen from the McDonald's in the north side of Cork on common's road. The bike is a Giant Yukon 2007 Mountain bike, XL frame, 22" I think.

I can't post an image of the bike because I'm a new user :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't post an image of the bike because I'm a new user :(

Ta dah:

E0vUl9C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chris -cage

As I was saying, it's a long shot, especially since it's been 8 months. The bike has a rusty fork as seen in the picture. It also had slick brown tires at the time and it's a rather large bike, quite tall so it stands out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 conradk

Embassy House, Ballsbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Dublin Cycling Campaign research on bike theft - the surprise for me was the high percentages of bikes stolen from home;

http://www.dublincycling.ie/cycling/bike-theft-survey-results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ballyargus

A Charcoal Focus Arriba 3.0 was stolen over the weekend from Lower Mount St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Seems there's a spate of this in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The trend of theft from employers cages in underground car-parks is pretty worrying...... They are just using power tools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 bgav

Hi all,

Giant defy 3 Bike stolen from Bedfield office underground car park today.. The bike cage had been cut into.. Again another spat if underground car park robberies..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

bgav wrote: »
    Hi all,

Giant defy 3 Bike stolen from Bedfield office underground car park today.. The bike cage had been cut into.. Again another spat if underground car park robberies..

Belfield Office Park I assume?
    I used to work there. You wouldn't believe the amount of bikes that have been stolen from there over the years. This thread alone, has several instances of it.
    What the security people are doing there is a mystery to me. This could be stopped, but the will clearly isn't there. Not in your location nor city wide.
    It's pathetic and depressing; it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

bgav wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was that Belfield Office Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bgav

Allabaah wrote: »
    Was that Belfield Office Park?

Yes it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Good to see the Gardai being proactive, at last.
    FATHER-of-one was caught trying to steal a bicycle that had been planted on a city street by gardai mounting a sting operation, a court heard.

http://http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/garda-sting-caught-wouldbe-bike-thief-31224642.html

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

A friend had his bike stolen back in town back in January - was taped up a lot to hide its caliber / make it look like a banger.

Anyways he stumbled across it locked up on Grafton St - tape job still on it.

He called the guards and waited, they didn't show. The new "owner" did though and my mate told him that it was his bike, he has photos on his phone etc to prove it and that the guards were on their way.

He cycled home a happy chappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Slap on the wrist, back out stealing bikes a day later. Regardless, good to see them being proactive as you said

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

If anyone sees this ancient red Raleigh three speed around they might PM me. The gears are fooked so whoever nicked it didn't cycle away on it and I full expect it to be dumped somewhere when they realise it's in need of some major repair.

http://imgur.com/Ehe7sCQ

Cheers

But it was a pointless excerise as the judge did nothing to discourage further thefts

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Was getting the mop chopped in Ranelagh on Sunday and was locking my bike up to a pole with another one there when two lads walked past and laughed to them selves saying that they were going to steal my bike! I told them to jog on and left it at that as I presumed they were joking in a d*ckish way - that and I have a solid lump of a lock. The other bike had a wire style lock about as thick as tooth floss.

Anyways, when I was finished my bike was still there but the other was gone, lock as well. It could have been just have been coincidence that the owner cycled off, but maybe they did actually steal the bike. Can't remember what it was, something blue and white.

If someone does own that bike and it was stolen (around 2.30) on Sunday, then let me know as I know what the lads look like and they went to the ATM just before so they would have them on camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

granty1987 wrote: »
    A friend had his bike stolen back in town back in January - was taped up a lot to hide its caliber / make it look like a banger.

Anyways he stumbled across it locked up on Grafton St - tape job still on it.

He called the guards and waited, they didn't show. The new "owner" did though and my mate told him that it was his bike, he has photos on his phone etc to prove it and that the guards were on their way.

He cycled home a happy chappy

I saw the Garda cutting a lock on a bike near Stillorgan Shopping Centre a couple of weeks ago, a young woman was waiting for them to cut it off, hard to tell if she'd just forgotten her key or had persuaded the Garda that it was her "stolen" bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

So...I left my bike outside the coachman's inn since Thursday last.no, bother wasn't touched.
    Picked it up tonight, cycled down to the swiss cottage....and 20 mins later,gone.
    Lock snipped,bolt cropper left on the deck along with his ****ty piece of ****in crap dirtbox of a bike......
    Disgusted, 3 bikes in 18 months.

Free bolt crops and a crap bike is all I've got now.....

Anything similar happen?I know roughly were it is.but I can't go there like a bull.
    So ****ing frustrating.
    Arrrgh!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Swiss Cottage in Santry? Some people wouldn't leave a car there. Not being smart but maybe pick better spots to leave a bike?

What type of lock are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Had my bike robbed from the IFSC on Monday, wasn't a great bike but will run me €300 to get one of similar standard now. Lock cut. They did it in broad daylight in front of loads of people..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Swiss Cottage in Santry? Some people wouldn't leave a car there. Not being smart but maybe pick better spots to leave a bike?
    classic victim blaming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So...I left my bike outside the coachman's inn since Thursday last.no, bother wasn't touched.
    Merged with main thread
    shansey wrote: »
    Had my bike robbed from the IFSC on Monday, wasn't a great bike but will run me €300 to get one of similar standard now. Lock cut. They did it in broad daylight in front of loads of people..

Had mine destroyed there when they couldn't break the lock, the IFSC is notorious for this, which is surprising considering they have an additional security crowd on top of the gardai who seem to do regular enough spins around.

Have a walk around the houses behind the apartment blocks, around Sheriff St. Lower and Guild St. and the adjoining roads.You might get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

classic victim blaming.

You read what you want into it but it's simple common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Courtesy of Waterford Whispers

acid_picdump_54.jpg

Advertisement