Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Hi Folks

Just had my bike stolen last night from Clontarf, it was unlocked in my shed out back, I have attached the picture, I added silver bullhorns to it, please PM me if you see it about, its been reported to the garda, thanks for reading this post

Stackeye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Had this robbed from the front of my house, in Dublin 8 last night. Khaki kind of brown frame. It was an Urban, can't remember if it was a 300 or a 400. They released the back wheel and took the rest of the bike. Distinguishing mark is a lot of paint off the crossbar, from my lock hitting off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ddartt

Hi everyone,

As with some other folks, I wish my first post on this board was a less sad one, but here we are..

My bike Kona Chute on 2001 frame (brown-reddish) was stolen recently in Sandymount area - the thieves broke into the storage space (completely smashed the lock). The bike is pretty custom, here is a brief description:

Its 2001 frame, S size, it looks pretty old with few scratches.
    The fork is white Rock Shox, notably with an orange-transparent adjuster knob.
    The handlebar is a wide and orange-metallic in colour.
    Has Magura disc brake on the front, Hayes on the back, both pretty old.
    It has a very notable e13 chain guide+rockring, hence it doesn't have the front shifter.
    The saddle is Selle Italia Carve.
    It also has clipless Shimano pedals.

Thats probably are main features, as for pictures, I don't have many, but here are some:
    http://cs4368.userapi.com/u709329/93338674/x_5f29b6e0.jpg
    http://cs4368.userapi.com/u709329/93338674/x_b2aaee56.jpg

And this is a bit better picture how the frame looks like:
    http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb1948925/p4pb1948925.jpg
    But as mentioned, the fork is white, handlebar is orange-metallic, chaing guide is transparrent E13 and seat is Selle Italia Carve.

I don't have much hope, but if anyone happens to see the bike, please please please send me a PM. Its quite old and looks like, so it can't worth much in money, but it worth a lot for me. Also, I doubt there are many of this customization in Dublin, if any.

Thanks a lot everyone in advance!

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Your photo links aren't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ddartt

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

My Giant Escape 3 bike was stolen sometime last Thursday night or Friday morning.

Stolen from the underground carpark of my apartments in Cross Guns Quay in Phibsborough, hopefully there's some camera footage or something I can get a hold of since it was from a carpark.

Bike was bought in Waterford and there's an orange bit on the frame with the Altitude logo and the Waterford address, probably the first thing they'd try to remove but you never know.

3Qx44yk.jpg?1
    4oVuu8J.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    Scott speedster nicked from brothers shed in Waterford sat night also had the hybrid version stolen either the same night a few weeks before, have alerted him to the usual online sites used by scobes, any info welcome

Hybrid found, brother saw the bike out and about and recovered it. Maybe some chance of getting the road bike - the guy who was cycling the hybrid may be able to pass on details of the scummer who sold it.

One good news story anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Hi not sure if this is the right thread for it Sorry if its not...

Was in the Sheldon Park Leisure Club on the Kylemore Road, Ballyfermot. I was in there for about an hour and just as i was getitng changed a memer of staff came in to tell me my bike had been robbed.:eek:

Had it chained with 2 U-locks and chains but they still cut through them. The bike rack is right beside the entrance to the gym so they had CCTV covering it but that dosent mean i will get the bike back so imm putting it up here to try and get a few responses!

the bike is a Lapierre Audacio 200 2010 model i got second hand before christmas. Its a blue bike with blue continental GT tyres on it with strap pedels not clips.

Id imagine the bike is around the Ballyfermot, Bluebell, Drimnagh area but if anyone has any info on the bike it would be really appreciated.

Please contact myself through this or Kilmainham garda station at 016669700

Not sure how to actully put a picture in but the bike looks like this

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnL

If anyone sees this for sale or being ridden please contact me or Blanchardstown Garda Station 01 666 70000

There are not many of these bikes around. I only know of one other person in the country with one. The few bits I have added will be unique to it.

Also if anyone has any tips or advice on getting it back I would appreciate it. Considering a stake out at Ticknock :)

<snip> Do not include personal phone numbers

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Do you have a photo, description, or something?

[EDIT] uh.. what happened there? Looks like somebody accidentally the whole thread?

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

EamonnL wrote: »
    If anyone sees this for sale or being ridden please contact me or Blanchardstown Garda Station 01 666 70000

There are not many of these bikes around. I only know of one other person in the country with one. The few bits I have added will be unique to it.

Also if anyone has any tips or advice on getting it back I would appreciate it. Considering a stake out at Ticknock :)

<snip> Do not include personal phone numbers

Thanks

Beasty

No Picture

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oink wrote: »
    [EDIT] uh.. what happened there? Looks like somebody accidentally the whole thread?
    It was moved to where it should have been posted in the first place (always worth being familiar with the rules and FAQs when posting;))

The photo posted has been taken down because it included the poster's personal phone number. They may re-post without the number - any contact can be made via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnL

Apologies Beasty. I hadn't spotted this thread. Here is a picture with the contact details removed.

StolenTranceNoContactDetails.png

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B_S

Bit of drama last night. At about 22.12 was walking home from the pub in Rialto with Herself, heading down to Hybreasal, that big gated complex on the SCR where we live. I clock a dude wheeling a bike towards us. Dropped handle-bars, single-speed, battered water bottle character on vertical post of frame, flat rear wheel. In short, my bike.

So I shout something along the lines of "That's my ****ing bike you ****ing scrote!" and give chase. Dude eventually has the sense to hop on the bike, puncture or no puncture, and takes off. He gets away from me at the humpback bridge over the luas tracks between the Rialto and Suir Road stops, and he hares off towards Fatima.

So anyway, if anyone comes across a blue framed, black Olmo forked, black saddled, black handle-barred single-speed with a flat rear tire and Mavic Axium wheels, holla at me. I had one of those kryptonite cable locks holding it to a bike rack with a padlock, no idea how he got it off as he didn't seem to be carrying a bolt cutter and I haven't found the lock. You better believe I'm spending over €100 on my next lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why didnt you wait until you were on him before you shouted?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B_S

Thargor wrote: »
    Why didnt you wait until you were on him before you shouted?

I guess because I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

As with everyone else here -

Brand new Giant Rapid 4 Stolen in Dublin 18.

Had custom extended "bullhorn" hand grips added to the flat handle bar. These were black metal, around 3 inches.

Grey Bike as with image below.

There was a plastic mud guard on the back.

Back tyre was flat when Bike was taken which is why it was in the shed that day :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.marreybikes.com/en/cruiser-bikes/1811-giant-rapid-4-2013.html

The chassis number is registered with the guards. If you see it about or for sale PM me or contact the guards directly.

Needless to say, I want the scum who stole it punished almost as much as I wan't the bike back - sadly neither will likely happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheMurman

My bike was stolen from my shed on Saturday night the 9th of February 2013. The serial number is WUD092249871E and there is a Road-ID sticker just above the front brake as you can see in the attached photo.

The only change from the photo is the back water bottle cage is gone as the threads got damaged. If anyone comes across it please PM me or ring Stepaside Garda Station on 01-6665700

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 skelefty

Black Claud Butler Levante stolen last night on Golden Lane D8

Was at a course in the hotel on Golden Lane last night, bike was locked outside, came out at 8 and there's half my Kryptonite u lock snipped and lying underneath where the bike used to be...

Just throwing it up in case anyone could let me know if they come across it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

skelefty wrote: »
    Black Claud Butler Levante stolen last night on Golden Lane D8

Was at a course in the hotel on Golden Lane last night, bike was locked outside, came out at 8 and there's half my Kryptonite u lock snipped and lying underneath where the bike used to be...

Just throwing it up in case anyone could let me know if they come across it.

Thanks

Any cameras covering those bike racks? (I left my bike there for an hour a few weeks ago and when i came out some needy person had stolen the elastic serpent from the back-carrier! Obviously need is deep in the area!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone missing a Scott MTB ? It may not even be stolen and that the owner just lost the key or something, but just in case.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/02/20/look-familiar-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

For Dublin city centre. Probably a bit late for those posting here, but worth reminding people about. I lock up here every day, and use the dublin bikes for everywhere I can't walk to from there.

http://www.dublincitycycling.ie/blog/index.php/2009/10/new-cycle-parking-facility-on-drury-street/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

endacl wrote: »
    For Dublin city centre. Probably a bit late for those posting here, but worth reminding people about. I lock up here every day, and use the dublin bikes for everywhere I can't walk to from there.

http://www.dublincitycycling.ie/blog/index.php/2009/10/new-cycle-parking-facility-on-drury-street/

Any idea what the access hours are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭reallyunique

On week days it opens at 07:00 and closes at 01:00. Pretty good opening times really but when they say 01:00 they mean it so don't arrive a few minutes late :) It gets pretty full sometimes but I can't say I've ever not found a space.
    I'll park there in preference to anywhere else in town.

Now all we need is a rule that obliges other car parks to set aside a few space for bikes. Nt holding my breath though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

My Beautiful Full Suspension BH Trail Racer was stolen from the shed this morning.

if anyone has any information that would be amazing..

<snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Package wrote: »
    My Beautiful Full Suspension BH Trail Racer was stolen from the shed this morning.

if anyone has any information that would be amazing..

<snip>
    Thread moved from Cycling Adverts. Do not include any personal details. Any contact must be by PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Thanks beasty

stolen from collinswood yesterday morning (23/02/13) .

clip on pedals.. blue caps on the tyre valves, the speedo computer battery is wasted. and it has a nice little bum bag under the seat...

heres a picture,, any help would be great

18923110150442074425705.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bashfd

Had 2 bikes stolen from outside house yesterday, in broad daylight.
    Harold's Cross area.
    Some people going around picking up old electrical stuff, that's being dumped. Guess they saw the chance to take the locked bikes while they were at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Slappa de Bass

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this but I just want to put a notification up. My lovely Trek Fisher Monona was stolen outside my workplace in Rathmines yesterday (March 4th). I'm absolutely gutted as I had it locked to the railings right at our work door, I always take care to lock it properly but sadly, they took it, lock and all. Anyway I just want to say if anyone is offered it or hears about it, please report it to the police and if you could notify me too that would be great.

It's 19", Smoke/Silver Grey, Hybrid, made by Trek and has black mudguards on the front and back wheels. It was stolen in the Rathmines area of Dublin yesterday between 9am and 5.30pm. If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Thanks for reading.
    Al

Advertisement