Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 scientists vaporised/vanish into thin air while running CERN!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

uprising2 wrote: »
    So yes, my 16 scientists vanishing was much more silly than either HAARP or Chemtrails.

Scientists are visionaries and see things others can't or won't, so Kingmob your solidly fixed limited field of view would make you one very bad scientist.

Why though? It's based on the same ignorance of science you're displaying when you make the claims above And it requires the same ridiculous amount of people to be involved. And it relies on the same silly leaps of logic and fictional connections.

You see science isn't just making stuff up like you seem to think it is, it requires stuff like logic, testing, falsifiability and verifiable evidence to filter the fiction from the fact, which you don't seem to grasp or be able to do.

So given that you've been able to construct a theory with the same likelihood and type of support as other wacky theories out there, who is someone to objectively tell the difference between the "fictional" theory and the "real" one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I fear that uprising2 is ... American!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I fear that uprising2 is ... American!

May I ask WTF that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

King Mob wrote: »
    Why though? It's based on the same ignorance of science you're displaying when you make the claims above And it requires the same ridiculous amount of people to be involved. And it relies on the same silly leaps of logic and fictional connections.

You see science isn't just making stuff up like you seem to think it is, it requires stuff like logic, testing, falsifiability and verifiable evidence to filter the fiction from the fact, which you don't seem to grasp or be able to do.

So given that you've been able to construct a theory with the same likelihood and type of support as other wacky theories out there, who is someone to objectively tell the difference between the "fictional" theory and the "real" one?

Why though? It's based on the same ignorance of science, so you admit it, about time.

You say science doesn't make things up?, what is a theory?, are all theories 100% verifiable accurate and true?, your talking nonsence again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

May I ask WTF that means?

OMG uprising2 is American!

• Advertisement

Why though? It's based on the same ignorance of science, so you admit it, about time.
    No, I was referring to your ignorance of science, which you've displayed quite nicely here.
    You say science doesn't make things up?,
    what is a theory?,
    What a theory is, is the most basic level of science education.
    If you think it's plucking stuff out of the air, or forming a conclusion before evidence and experimentation, (which is what you're doing) then you're showing your ignorance of science.
    are all theories 100% verifiable accurate and true?, your talking nonsence again.
    If you think that's what scientists say, you're showing your ignorance. If you think I believe this you're being disingenuous.
    And if you're about to make the argument that since nothing is 100% knowable we know nothing, therefore anything can make sense then you're just being silly.

So what specific distinguishing feature of your made up theory makes it more silly than HAARP or chemtrails?

OMG uprising2 is American!

It's kinda of a silly stereotype. Aside from a loud, particularly ignorant minority most Americans are much more science literate than Uprising.

The US is the number one producer in scientific papers in most fields.
    And a lot of my favourite scientists and science educators are American.
    Feynman, Sagan, Tyson, Novella, Plait... and the list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

King Mob wrote: »
    It's kinda of a silly stereotype. Aside from a loud, particularly ignorant minority most Americans are much more science literate than Uprising.

And as many believe in the Genesis creation story as evolution. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    And as many believe in the Genesis creation story as evolution. :pac:
    Well that's simply untrue.
    The majority of people in the US don't believe that.
    And of the majority who do, most believe in theistic evolution and Genesis was metaphorically. But this has no baring on the rest of their science literacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    So five year old survey says that most (over 50%) people believe or aren't sure that evolution is true.
    Even if every single one of the minority who reject evolution believe that the genesis story is a historical fact (and we both know that's not true) my point still stands.
    As does the ones about the science papers and the popular science educators.

Yup, quitting in a huff a fair, honest and respected tactic in debate.

But thing is anyone who spends time looking at your "evidence" for HAARP and chemtrails will see it's the exact same sort as the "evidence" for the made up story.
    It's all a bunch of misunderstood science, bad reporting, drawing none existent connections to reach a predetermined conclusion and plain out and out fiction.

we both know this and this is why you're refusing to engage in actual discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Theory is so over used and misunderstood.

We need to start a campaign to teach the public the difference between- hypothesis and theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

have they found any trace of them yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

This thread is going nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement