Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Modem huawei 173 €9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Thanks for that, always handy to have one of these lying about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone use one of these around Blackrock area in Louth?Have an o2 dongle but its kinda hit and miss.Might give meteor a go to see how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

do these come locked does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Kevin! wrote: »
    do these come locked does anyone know?

think you can be sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Will the fatcheese offer mean you get €11 back if you buy one of the refurb modems? There was a similar thing at Christmas with Three and bethrifty.ie, I got that one and my cash back offer is still 'awaiting approval' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

I missed out on the 3 offer so will definitely go for this one. As kdouglas says it's handy to have around especially if it gives you free wifi in certain areas.

Haven't had any problems getting cashback with fatcheese so far and I've now been paid over €100 from them. This offer was on their newsletter yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheers, just ordered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Nice one. I just joined fatcheese for this, I see that they have referrals, and one of the options is that the person referred gets €1 extra on their first transaction worth over €1 and the person referring gets nothing.

http://www.fatcheese.ie/?referrer=30016367&method=give

I don't get anthing out of this, I dislike referral spam but this seems ok to me. If this is not ok then please remove with my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is that €9 one PAYG or contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

eireal wrote: »
    Is that €9 one PAYG or contract?
    PAYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Does anyone know if this can be easily unlocked online?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Does anyone know if this can be easily unlocked online?

think there was a free way to do it, posted in the 3 thread a month or two back

edit: here it is
    worked for me
    http://www.ruchirablog.com/guide-unlock-huawei-hsdpa-modem-free/

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Will the fatcheese offer mean you get €11 back if you buy one of the refurb modems? There was a similar thing at Christmas with Three and bethrifty.ie, I got that one and my cash back offer is still 'awaiting approval' :)

Me dongle is on the way and me €20 pending, my first bit of business with the great Fatcheese.:)

thanks again op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

If I get one of these and unlock it, can I stick my vodafone PAYG sim card from my phone into it and paying the 99c per day get broadband? Or is it a separate sim card for broadband use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

bazwaldo wrote: »
    If I get one of these and unlock it, can I stick my vodafone PAYG sim card from my phone into it and paying the 99c per day get broadband? Or is it a separate sim card for broadband use?

Well I do that with my 3 phone sim without any problem, but I don't know whether Voda allows it,

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'm still waiting on bethrifty.ie cash-back from november/december, vodafone & 3Mobile

Seriously slow system

Got mine today, works grand on windows xp but not working on windows 7 - com port shows up eventually but no virtual cd. Does anyone know if the firmware from the e173u-1 will go into this e173u-2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have Meteor Bill pay lite with 250mb data add on. If I get this do I just put my sim into it and use my 250mb?

Updated the firmware, no difference, rebooted to ubuntu and of course it all works perfectly. God bless ubuntu it is also the only operating system that plays well with my hp bluetooth module.

kc66 wrote: »
    I have Meteor Bill pay lite with 250mb data add on. If I get this do I just put my sim into it and use my 250mb?

this can only be used on PAYG, (Pay As You Go.)

Buy a stick from only €9 – less than a week's worth of coffee Only €2.99 a day with free 1 day pass to get you started

Our fantastic new 7 Day Pass for €7.99 or Monthly pass only €19.99 with 7.5GB allowance. WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Got one delivered today, thanks OP.

Unlocked it and seems to work fine with the O2 sim from my phone :)

Handy as a backup as I don't need a frequent use one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

been looking to get one of these things for a while. What the fatcheese reward money it makes it a great deal as your getting it for free basically and and €10. How long do fatcheese normally take to award the cashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

got mine, unlocked it , supports voice call too, i have tested with vodafone sim.....

Solaris10 wrote: »
    got mine, unlocked it , supports voice call too, i have tested with vodafone sim.....
    How do you unlock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    How do you unlock it?

Theres a link on an earlier post.

Solaris10, was the vodafone sim you tried a phone sim?

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Theres a link on an earlier post.

Solaris10, was the vodafone sim you tried a phone sim?
    Thanks, should have read the thread first!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

i used mobile sim,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I wonder if fatcheese is actualy going to get 20€ from meteor for this or if they just are going to deny the cashback on this.

Even if Meteor is pumping up it's book by getting loads of active mobile broadband paygo customers selling something for 9€ (with no shipping cost) and than paying 20€ as cashback seams too good to be true.

Never the less, as refurbished E173 (which does HSDPA 7.2MBps never the less) to get the food in the door for the free Wifi on Meteor is just a too good bargain to pass on.

So I buy and even if I don't get cashback I still made a good bargain, so thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Can anyone tell me where to enter the code on fatcheese which you get from meteor in the confirmation order email ?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me where to enter the code on fatcheese which you get from meteor in the confirmation order email ?
    You don't need to enter any code. You just need to click the get cashback button to bring you to the meteor website, then fatcheese knows you've bought from them and will credit your account with the €20. It may take a few minutes to appear.

Advertisement