Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MW2011

I was looking at the FAE Core Tax book today and it says to contact the lecture for the solutions to the challenging questions.

Don't see the point in the institute doing this but does anyone know if we have been given these solutions? They don't appear to be on the website?

Cheers for any help with this

I was looking at the FAE Core Tax book today and it says to contact the lecture for the solutions to the challenging questions.

Don't see the point in the institute doing this but does anyone know if we have been given these solutions? They don't appear to be on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

luco123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which of the Auditing ISA's have changed, i can see from the notes 12 have but im not sure which 12 have?

There is a "Summary of Main Changes" section in the APB book, which shows you which have changed/what changed/the details of the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Vaioer wrote: »
    There is a "Summary of Main Changes" section in the APB book, which shows you which have changed/what changed/the details of the new ones.

Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hawai09

Hi guys just wondering how people ate approaching ethics I've gone through the book quickly but I can't find answers to any of the case studies if people have them could you point me in the right direction or post them here.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

There are solutions to B Goode and Maliss earlier on in this thread. As for the ones in the book I haven't been able to find solutions to these anywhere. There's a lecture on Monday (I think, I can double check the day if anyone wants me to) and the planning schedule says we'll be covering Party Skills, Just Sign on the Dotted Line, and Food for Thought. I'll ask the lecturer then if there are going to be solutions published or if anyone wants to go to the lecture just reply and I'll double check what day it's on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hawai09

Ciara471 wrote: »
    There are solutions to B Goode and Maliss earlier on in this thread. As for the ones in the book I haven't been able to find solutions to these anywhere. There's a lecture on Monday (I think, I can double check the day if anyone wants me to) and the planning schedule says we'll be covering Party Skills, Just Sign on the Dotted Line, and Food for Thought. I'll ask the lecturer then if there are going to be solutions published or if anyone wants to go to the lecture just reply and I'll double check what day it's on

Thanks, have all the solutions u mentioned above so hopefully they will release the rest of them after next weeks lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 086dubdublin

Ciara471 wrote: »

Had the last Ethics class last week in my group and someone on asked about the solutions to the questions in the Ethics book...

Apparently there are none is the answer we got from the lecturer...its up to us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

So if there are no solutions then why bother reading the cases in the first place?

Oh well. At least it's something I don't need to factor in and spend time doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

I just watched the FAE-where are you now lecture online from Paul Monahan. I am suitably freaked out that I have waaaay too little done at this stage:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Just watched it there.

Eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 supergirl09

just about to watch it......

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Verdict?? - bad? i was gonna watch it but thinking no - stick to my plan of action..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

What are people doing for IMP?

Are there any solutions to the case studies for this? Also are there solutions for the strategy case studies.

Thanks.

What are people doing for IMP?

Are there any solutions to the case studies for this? Also are there solutions for the strategy case studies.

Thanks.

I have just started reading through the book and might have a quick look at the online lectures as they all seem to be short enough. Not sure about the case studies as I'm not looking at case studies till next week.

Does anyone know if its worthwhile to go in to the block release lectures next week or would I be better off studying myself at home? I have already rang the institute and they arent streaming the lectures but will put them all up online in a couple of weeks so I can watch them then. I have already moved home to study so its ALOT of effort to get up to Dublin every day to go to the lectures (especially if they are not worth it!)

Verdict?? - bad? i was gonna watch it but thinking no - stick to my plan of action..

I thought it was helpful enough...kinda gives a good idea of what needs to be done. I have changed my study plan a good bit after watching it
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bec_Boop

:confused: Does anyone know how the results of the AAFRP exam will affect the overall exam? If you got nominally competent does this mean you have to get competent in all the remaining performance measurement indicators in the actual exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

It is hard to know with the new system but to be safe and I would be thinking it myself that you would have to aim for C in all remaining indicators with a minimum of RC.

MW2011 wrote: »

Hey MW, did you get your hands on these solutions? Just started looking at the tax book today so want to get my hands on them too!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Anyone have a copy of the new Combined Code they can put up here?

• Advertisement

ahtfulal wrote: »
    Anyone have a copy of the new Combined Code they can put up here?

Think this is it

Nope havent heard anything about the tax solutions. Surely someone must have them you would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 10 starfair

I'm an FAE repeater and we were told in our last tax lecture (19th June) that the answers to the challenging questions in the book would be posted to the student website at some point. It would be nice to have them before the mocks!

I know last year we were given the solutions after we had worked through the question in class, maybe the same happened with some of the questions this year.

starfair wrote: »
    I'm an FAE repeater and we were told in our last tax lecture (19th June) that the answers to the challenging questions in the book would be posted to the student website at some point. It would be nice to have them before the mocks!

I know last year we were given the solutions after we had worked through the question in class, maybe the same happened with some of the questions this year.

Is there many changes to tax this year. Is the new book much different to last year?

I'm looking for the cases and solutions to the cross marking sessions this year, think they were called 'Motivation' and 'Second String'. If somebody could post these it would be appreciated.

Solutions for Cross marking Session

Motorvation Case Q attached. I dont seem to have Second String for some reason....sorry!

If you could put New Line PLC & Quancore up here SL10 that would be great. Thanks very much!

If you could put New Line PLC & Quancore up here SL10 that would be great. Thanks very much!

No worries- here you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 starfair

Is there many changes to tax this year. Is the new book much different to last year?

A document with changes in tax was posted to the student website haven't looked at it or the tax book yet! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement