Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i walk around dublin city centre today for 3hrs and got 9 streetpass hits almost full house here amazing! probably same out this weekend when i dublin comic con

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i walk around dublin city centre today for 3hrs and got 9 streetpass hits almost full house here amazing! probably same out this weekend when i dublin comic con

Perhaps some of those are from Nintendo Zones? I got one today in McDonald's, no pink pieces and only a handful of blues but better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

robman60 wrote: »
    Perhaps some of those are from Nintendo Zones? I got one today in McDonald's, no pink pieces and only a handful of blues but better than nothing I suppose.

Is McDonald's a Nintendo Zone? I thought only Debenhams were

gubbie wrote: »

No, as far as I know they're not. I think I just got a regular StreetPass.

Edit: Not here anyway, in other countries they are.

i would never go to McDonald's i hate mc donalds and i went to gamestop at henry street, 2 streetpass hits were from my best friends that walk around with me today for about 2hrs up towards parnell street and back again we went into smyths toystore and toymaster then we walk through jervis centre then towards to forbidden planet then we took are department then went off to lunch to O'Connell st and then i walk to up grafton st to disney store and i walk to fleet to behind pearse street garda station to get number one bus home and

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hating McD's does not (to the best of my knowledge) shield you from their wireless networking signals. Were you wearing a tin foil hat? More importantly was the 3ds?

Your route took you directly past at least 3 different McDonaldii (what? It's the correct plural, look it up!) - ergo

1. The question stands, is McD's a Zone? I heard it was a Supermacs thing...

2. Subconsciously you clearly crave what our Dutch cousins call a Royale With Cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

i would never go to McDonald's i hate mc donalds and i went to gamestop at henry street, 2 streetpass hits were from my best friends that walk around with me today for about 2hrs up towards parnell street and back again we went into smyths toystore and toymaster then we walk through jervis centre then towards to forbidden planet then we took are department then went off to lunch to O'Connell st and then i walk to up grafton st to disney store and i walk to fleet to behind pearse street garda station to get number one bus home and

I find parnell st the best place for streetpass hits! I go to Cineworld a lot, don't think I ever got less than 2 hits. One guy we passed a bunch of times, asked if we worked in Cineworld :p

Guys, got this from another site, but I don't understand how this would work exactly. Let me know your interpretation!
    It appears that "spoofing" a Nintendo Zone works perfectly well for cross-country/continent Streetpass relaying.
    Change your wifi router/stick/phone MAC address to a shared one.
    Change your router/stick/phone SSID to attwifi (or any other "good" Nintendo Zone ID)
    Close your 3DS in sleep mode.

Now, I've only gotten ONE Streetpass (out of three attempts), but others have gotten my streetpass data. When I rebooted the router after changing the MAC and SSID, it worked better. I'm suspicious there is still a time delay between Relay Streetpass attempts, though, as I can't connect to a point that others are.

This is culled from a thread over on GBATemp that someone else linked to here on NeoGAF.

If anyone wants to try this, we just need to pick a MAC address for the NeoGaf Virtual Relay...

So I guess we can create our own Nintendo Zones and exchange StreetPass data in the same way we exchange SpotPass data currently? If anyone understands this and would be willing to try I could serve as a guinea pig if you can tell me what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not too many routers have the option of changing the MAC address.

The "attwifi" Nintendo Zone SSID is only for the US. Here you have to set it up to be "_The Cloud"

My advice, don't go trying to change the MAC address on your router unless you know what you're doing with it!

21 hits thanks to dublin comic con national swords centre and 5 plaza tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

21 hits thanks to dublin comic con national swords centre and 5 plaza tickets

That's good going, fair play! :)

The worlds going crazy. I used to be lucky to get 1 on a trip into Cork City. Last Saturday I got 7, today I got 8. Seriously 8! I was only in town for 40 minutes.

They're the sorta numbers you'd only get in Dublin or Galway

today i got 20 hits thanks to dublin comic con national swords centre

Got six today in a short time in Galway, including Wolverine359! Have acquired all pink pieces for LoZ SS puzzle now, but the pinks for M&L Dream Team still seem really rare, still haven't seen one.

robman60 wrote: »
    Got six today in a short time in Galway, including Wolverine359! Have acquired all pink pieces for LoZ SS puzzle now, but the pinks for M&L Dream Team still seem really rare, still haven't seen one.

Class! I didn't even get around to checking my hits today, that's a nice surprise! :)

Well I'm disappointed. In Dublin City right now and my green light hasn't lit up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I'm disappointed. In Dublin City right now and my green light hasn't lit up :(

I'll be in town later, live in hope :pac:

On the 145... green light! Still, considering how busy town is I thought there'd be more.

I'm going to have to start holidaying in Galway

I'm going to have to start holidaying in Galway

Do come visit! Got 9 hits today within an hour and a half! :)

My last hit today was my 2,222nd! Yep, my streetpass total has reached 2222! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Got one today in Westport....David from Galway...yeah Galway REALLY seems to be the place to go! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I keep telling you guys, pokemon league is a gold mine for street pass :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »

Which only works if you visit Dublin on a Tuesday! I got 8 in Cork last weekend. Total in Dublin today (in about 2.5 hours that I was in the city centre). One hit! Shocking

Got one today in Westport....David from Galway...yeah Galway REALLY seems to be the place to go! :P

You could just StreetPass me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I like to cheat on this, I have two 3DS XLs and have 75 hits from the corresponding consoles, great way to get twice as many puzzle pieces and it works great for the stalk market in New Leaf.

cloud493 wrote: »

so was dublin comic con in national show centre swords 5mins from dublin airport weekend gold mine for streetpass, i got 41 streetpass hits there, i could got over 50 streetpass hits if i stayed there until its finishes on both nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But league is on every week. I get 13 street passes from it alone.

i got 10 streetpass hits yesterday on the savoy cinema to see kick ass 2

i cleared 777 streetpass hits accomplishments

dublin and today is thursday i got 10 streetpass hits and there lot more fun with 4 new games, 500 mii enchountered accomplishments for my red and 3ds xl and i cleared last level in streetpass squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wampyrus - please refrain from the daily streetpass hits updates.

Advertisement