Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon now ships large TV's to Ireland

Options
  • 25-03-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Thanks to clevtrev, who started this thread :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056219126

I just bought a 42" LCD for the bedroom from Amazon. I was going to get it from Richersounds, but did not hear back from them, so I thought I will give Amazon a go, as it was cheaper than richersounds, and free delivery

I have been buying from Amazon for a long time, and, there return policy is the best there is, as they refund you all deliverry costs if you have to return something, if it goes bad.

Buying a TV from Amazon is Just like buying a DVD/Book now. Except more expensive:o
    Estimated delivery date 01 April 11 :D

MODS: if it is ok, lets discuss TV delivery from Amazon in here, not diffrent TV models?

I will update you once I know how delivery work.

UPDATE: Sunday 27 Mar 11 - 10:45

Delivery 1 of 1
    Dispatched
    Delivery Estimate: 30 Mar 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

a 42" TV in the bedroom !!!!!!!!

I hope it's a big bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

siber wrote: »
    a 42" TV in the bedroom !!!!!!!!

I hope it's a big bedroom

It is. Now need to make time to watch the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

Well, the Girlfriend wanted a 37", but the diffrence in price on Amazon between the 37" & 42" was only €9

€9 for en extra 5" :D:D:D:D:D

All i can say is, this will be good for competition, as Amazon is cheap, and local retailers will have to drop there prices soon to compete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

TheCaveman wrote: »

€9 for en extra 5" :D:D:D:D:D

Thats what she said .... OHHHHHH !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is great news!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Yeah great news but I'm sickened.I tried to buy one three weeks ago and amazon wouldn't ship here and I ended up paying 500 euro here in currys for a tv which is £349 on amazon.:mad:

allimac wrote: »
    Yeah great news but I'm sickened.I tried to buy one three weeks ago and amazon wouldn't ship here and I ended up paying 500 euro here in currys for a tv which is £349 on amazon.:mad:

Samsung 40 inch?

At the moment status is:

Delivery 1 of 1
    Dispatching Soon
    Dispatch Estimate: 28 Mar 2011

Will update on Monday again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

jayteecork wrote: »
    I've the 32" version of that, very happy with it (paid about the same price for it here as that 40" is from amazon :rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Samsung 40 inch?
    Yeah,thats the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Great news.

Anyting to beat a bit of the greed out of the Irish retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

How do you send it back..by Courier ?

Great that they do it and even better its cheaper, but I recently bout TV for DID which had HDMI issues and brought it back and exchanged straight away

Wasn't without one at all

Would be anxious about that part

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

allimac wrote: »
    Yeah,thats the one.
    Class telly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Jesus, this thread is not good. Must.......resist. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

TheCaveman wrote: »
    At the moment status is:

Delivery 1 of 1
    Dispatching Soon
    Dispatch Estimate: 28 Mar 2011

Will update on Monday again

I've a feeling free TV delivery to Irish addresses is a glitch, folks should pounce now if keen to buy.

Hope I'm wrong caveman, let us know.

This is great:

UPDATE:

Delivery 1 of 1
    Dispatched
    Delivery Estimate: 30 Mar 201

:eek::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How do you send it back..by Courier ?

Great that they do it and even better its cheaper, but I recently bout TV for DID which had HDMI issues and brought it back and exchanged straight away

Wasn't without one at all

Would be anxious about that part

That's how I've done it. Had to send something back recently as they posted the wrong item. I used parcel2go and sent on the invoice to amazon who refunded it (minus VAT) to my account.
    I didn't bother chasing them up for the VAT as parcel2go were nic enough to mistakenly invoice me in pounds instead of euros (15 pound when I paid 15 euro)

They also ship the replacement before receiving the item back at least in the case of wrong item and you then have 60 days to get the other one back to them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That works out at €277 :D:D:D
    I bought that TV in Jan from D.I.D for €369 in the sales and it was the best price around. It's a lovely TV.

But best of all? It's easy-peasy to unlock, and once done, it has a built in Media player that even plays MKV files.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ceon

I'd be concerned about TV's from the UK not working over here when the DSO happens (sometime 2012) without a set-top box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Amazon link is down :eek: do you think its xxxxxxx hacking them:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

ceon wrote: »
    I'd be concerned about TV's from the UK not working over here when the DSO happens (sometime 2012) without a set-top box.

If you purchase a TV with a Freeview HD tuner it will work with Saorview which officially launches next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

neiphin wrote: »
    has it got mpeg4 ?

No.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

so tempted to buy this.
    I have a 32" Bravia but it's only HD ready and nearly 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Make sure you turn off the Amazon Currency Converter and let your credit card do the work. It works out cheaper. You have to turn it off, as the default setting is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

neiphin wrote: »
    has it got mpeg4 ?
    No.

Actually YES it has.

It's certified for the French TV DTT called TNT-HD which is a MPEG4 service. There may be some issue with the MHEG5 digital text and the numbering of the channels like the channels starting in 800 but it's broadly compatible with Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Allyall wrote: »
    That works out at €277 :D:D:D
    I bought that TV in Jan from D.I.D for €369 in the sales and it was the best price around. It's a lovely TV.

But best of all? It's easy-peasy to unlock, and once done, it has a built in Media player that even plays MKV files.. :D

Do most new tv's not play mkv files? My yolk plays them no messing about, didn't update the firmware or anything either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Make sure you turn off the Amazon Currency Converter and let your credit card do the work. It works out cheaper. You have to turn it off, as the default setting is on.

Wish i'd seen this about 10 mins ago. I was thinking "that's not a great rate" but didn't think "should turn off currency converter".:mad:

Advertisement